Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Lost&Found: Stock Market

by Buzzler Posted 27th Mar 2011 at 12:13 PM - Updated 28th Jul 2011 at 5:25 PM by Buzzler

98 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 60 Feedback Posts, 37 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#26 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 3:31 PM
Ok so I've tested the mod and it seems like fun!
But how do you buy and sell the stock?
Am I missing something big? xD
Hope someone can help me here
Thanks!
1978 gallons of pancake batter
Original Poster
#27 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 4:06 PM
@thepantherprincess: You can alter the stock names by altering the related STBL in S3PE. Of course you're hurting my artificial feelings by doing so.

@kletus4pres and The-way-life-is: The stock market is only open between 8am and 8pm. I've added tooltips to the buy/sell interactions, so the buttons will show up greyed out now when the stock market is closed and show a tooltip when you hover with the mouse pointer over the button.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 5:18 PM
Aww. Well, I wouldn't want to hurt your virtual feelings...
It's not that they're bad names (because some of them are quite fantastic) it's just that I like to have them reflect my game. (I only changed a few and most were only small changes.)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 1:16 AM
Buzzler,

Just installed this Mod and the "Moar Interactions" one. Initially it looked like both worked fine. Both Commission Upgrade and Check Stock Market showed up. ... until the Stock Market opened. Only Commission Upgrade was available then.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#30 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 1:17 AM
Ahh okay that actually makes sense. Thank you
Test Subject
#31 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 8:15 AM
Hello thank you for wonderful mod.

The translation of Japanese was made.
It assists.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  StockMarketUnlockerStrings_JP.7z (1.4 KB, 6 downloads)
Test Subject
#32 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 9:21 AM
Sorry, The period was corrected to three point reader.
...→…
Please use a file here.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  StockMarketUnlockerStrings_JP_Fix.7z (1.4 KB, 5 downloads)
Retired
retired moderator
#33 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 9:23 AM
If people want to keep to Sims canon then this list might be handy: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Category...ies_in_The_Sims

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Original Poster
#34 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 9:41 AM
@Loxly: You were probably looking on a cheap computer, but the interactions are only available on expensive computers. I made a little mistake when I added the tooltips, so the greyed out buttons would show up on cheap computers as well. Fixed that now.

Test Subject
#35 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 11:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
@Loxly: You were probably looking on a cheap computer, but the interactions are only available on expensive computers. I made a little mistake when I added the tooltips, so the greyed out buttons would show up on cheap computers as well. Fixed that now.

Ah, yeah. Sorry. Just saw that. :/

Thanks for the fix though.
Test Subject
#36 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 3:13 PM
I made a dutch translation

Can't wait to use this mod in dutch!

Great work again!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  StockMarketUnlockerStrings_NL.rar (1.5 KB, 8 downloads)
Test Subject
#37 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 6:56 PM
hey

I made a few changes to my dutch translation, now it looks better

thanks!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  StockMarketUnlockerStringsFIX_NL.rar (1.5 KB, 11 downloads)
Original Poster
#38 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 7:01 PM
@Aiken: I've updated your translation.

Test Subject
#39 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
@Aiken: I've updated your translation.

Thank you!
Test Subject
#40 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 7:22 PM
I also translated to French and added the translation for the last string (the stock market opening hour) on the Spanish version.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  StockMarketUnlockerStrings_FR&SPA fix.zip (5.4 KB, 12 downloads)
Forum Resident
#41 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 10:40 AM
When I sold all my 100 share (use the "Sold all" interaction), there is a notification, but it's blank (completely nothing at all). No script error though.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 7:46 PM
Wow, this is really cool, thanks man! I can see why EA didn't add it in (younger demographic probably wouldn't be interested), but its kind of cool to have another way to make money.

One quick question though. What are the payouts usually like, assuming you're doing decently? Would they be enough to say, have one of your sims be a professional day trader?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#43 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 9:39 PM
This seems really awesome. I'm going to try it out ASAP!
Original Poster
#44 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 12:46 AM
@anak_ponti: There's a bug in two of the localization calls of the EAxian stock manager code I didn't notice earlier. Try now.

@SJane3384: I can't tell for sure, because tbh I didn't play it that much myself beyond basic testing. The update frequency of the stocks is pretty high, but the code looks like it forces the momentum of the stock prices to always point in direction of their origins. The stock prices seem to jump around quite a bit, but they don't move that far away from their original prices. I guess you can make about 50-100§ for every 1,000§ you use to trade.

Lab Assistant
#45 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 11:17 AM Last edited by Dojan5 : 1st Apr 2011 at 12:35 PM.
I translated it into Swedish for you.

Personally I cannot get the stock trader to work, when selecting the option, it goes up in the action queue, just as my Sim is going to perform the action, it just vanishes from the action queue.

As for the __macosx folder, just ignore it. Apple thinks it's funny to embed metadata into zipfiles created using the built in archiving utility. You can safely discard the __macosx folder as it serves no real purpose outside of Mac OS X systems.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  StockMarketUnlockerStrings_SV_SE.txt.zip (2.0 KB, 5 downloads)
Description: Swedish Translation
Fresh fruit from the bigot tree
THANKS POST
#46 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 7:47 PM
You be ashamed of yourself EA. Hiding already finished scripts is BAD. You should have let us use this since the sims was released. Look at how easy is for players to find them anyways. Bad, bad EA.
I'm thinking in not buying any of their games from now on. Why did I not learn with that "spore and securom" thing?
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 3:24 PM
Thanks man. From what it sounds like, if you have lots of capital to invest in the first place, you might be able to do well. I think I'll test this out later with a brand spankin' new CAS sim, move him into a crappy cheap house, and use the rest of his $ to invest and see what happens.

I suck at stock market in RL though, so I hope I don't bankrupt the poor guy, haha.
Top Secret Researcher
#48 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ekkii
I also translated to French and added the translation for the last string (the stock market opening hour) on the Spanish version.
Huh? Please don't take it bad, I don't mean to be rude but you should not use the 'Tu' form for Sims3 French text, use 'Vous' instead. The vanilla game already reports stuff happening to the active sim with 'Vous', not 'Tu', that's because it's impolite to talk to someone like that unless it's a friend. Or a child.
For example "Tu as maintenant" should become "Vous avez maintenant".
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 8:28 PM
Is this good or what...? Vampires ruined the game for me, you've just rekindled my interest... Thank You.
Top Secret Researcher
#50 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 1:56 PM

Since there's no answers here's the corrected French_FR text, I corrected all the typos, including a string that was still in english. Buzzler, can you please add it?
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  StockMarketUnlockerStrings_FR_FR.7z (1.4 KB, 11 downloads)
Description: FR_FR corrected strings
Page 2 of 4