Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Door Locks for TS4 - Version 3c

by scumbumbo Posted 7th Apr 2015 at 8:55 AM - Updated 19th Aug 2018 at 9:36 PM by scumbumbo : Updated for Dec 4, 2015 game patch

1070 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 552 Feedback Posts, 517 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 39 of 43
Deceased
Original Poster
#951 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 7:57 AM
I am back modding for a bit, so this will be one of the mods I'll look into updating. I haven't even gotten the game to the point where I can test this mod out to see if it is broken (I know many have said it is and I have no reason to doubt that it would be!) much less how to fix it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#952 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 4:59 AM
Thank you so much, Scumbumbo! I appreciate you taking the time to fix this and I am hoping (if you have the time) to add door locks for clubs. The current doors you can place to keep out other sims leave much to be desired.
Test Subject
#953 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 11:25 PM
Looking forward to an update! Been playing without it, and the game's locking system is still underwhelming for me. Especially with this custom science lab I made, seeing as you can't lock doors at work like I was able to do with this mod before.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#954 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 4:57 PM
I had the mod working just once on a retail lot, right after I started my TS4 game. Then when I clicked on a door, on the same retail lot, but with a different sim, I did too get on my screen the pink dot in the middle of my screen along with a transparent rectangle with yellow borders on the top left of my screen. The one time it did work, the doors could be locked exactly the way I wanted: only allowing certain friends and family members in. In fact, I'm so tired of freeloaders coming into my home space in the retail lot that I have to constantly lock in and lock out guests. I feel like a terrible host
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#955 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 6:11 PM
Is there a way to keep one specific person out with this mod?
Forum Resident
#956 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
I am back modding for a bit, so this will be one of the mods I'll look into updating. I haven't even gotten the game to the point where I can test this mod out to see if it is broken (I know many have said it is and I have no reason to doubt that it would be!) much less how to fix it.

Everything seems functional except for the selection of specific sims that can access the door.
-The first time you place a door, if you select a specific sim.. you can select one that it is never locked for ( and no more)
- Once you place a lock style, if you try to select or change the sims it works for specifically, there are some interference with the picker menu. A pink dot will appear and all your other picker menus will be broken until you restart. (going to build mode sometimes clears it as well)

My guess is that the only code that has trouble is the code that brings up the menu to select specific sims that can access the door ( and whatever code that might cause interference with picker menus.)
I've been using the mod to great success in my game. Just working around that one issue.

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.
Deceased
Original Poster
#957 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lodakai
Everything seems functional except for the selection of specific sims that can access the door.

Thanks - that was a very helpful summary! I'll probably get to this in the next few days, assuming I don't see any other "behind the scenes" issues that take longer to fix.
Deceased
Original Poster
#958 Old 20th Jan 2016 at 5:34 AM
The error with the sim selection dialog has been corrected and Door Locks version 3c is now available for download.

Since the mod hasn't been completely usable since the December 4 game patch, there may be additional errors that have yet to surface. However, everything that I threw at it seemed to work as originally designed, so cross your fingers and give it a try! Let me know if you see any new bugs.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#959 Old 20th Jan 2016 at 1:50 PM
Thank you!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#960 Old 20th Jan 2016 at 7:54 PM
Thank you SO MUCH for the update scumbumbo!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#961 Old 20th Jan 2016 at 9:42 PM
*screams* I've been waiting for this update more than any, lol - thank you so much, scumbumbo! Off to give it a try - will report back with any bugs that may (hopefully not) crop up
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#962 Old 20th Jan 2016 at 10:01 PM
Thank you so much for taking the time to do this! This was one of the mods I really consider as an essential mod. Being able to select more than 1 sim per door again is a godsend.
Field Researcher
#963 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 1:27 AM
The error with the sim selection dialog has been corrected and Door Locks version 3c is now available for download.

Since the mod hasn't been completely usable since the December 4 game patch, there may be additional errors that have yet to surface. However, everything that I threw at it seemed to work as originally designed, so cross your fingers and give it a try! Let me know if you see any new bugs.

Thanks for update.

You are saying the Door still works for patch "1.14.49.1020", right?
Deceased
Original Poster
#964 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by csg5vbe3argf
Thanks for update.

You are saying the Door still works for patch "1.14.49.1020", right?

Yup, version 3c works with the latest patch.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#965 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 11:19 AM
SWEEETT!! I missed this mod so much Thanks for the update =)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#966 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 9:59 AM
Thanks
Test Subject
#967 Old 29th Jan 2016 at 6:45 AM
It work finally! I'm sooooooo happy
Thank you for an update
Test Subject
#968 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 3:13 PM
Thanks heaps for the update!! It does work with the latest patch "1.15.55.1020" well, at least for me Thank you, thank YOU!!
Test Subject
#969 Old 22nd Feb 2016 at 1:50 AM
Please update, i see circles when i click on ''never lock for...''
Scholar
#970 Old 22nd Feb 2016 at 12:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sdg4407
Please update, i see circles when i click on ''never lock for...''

You must have parts of the old mod or something.
Only these door locks files from Scumbumbo in your Mods folder?

MTS_Scumbumbo_DoorLocks_v3.package
MTS_Scumbumbo_DoorLocks_v3c_Script.ts4script
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#971 Old 24th Feb 2016 at 8:32 AM
Thank you very much for the update
Test Subject
#972 Old 24th Feb 2016 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
You must have parts of the old mod or something.
Only these door locks files from Scumbumbo in your Mods folder?

MTS_Scumbumbo_DoorLocks_v3.package
MTS_Scumbumbo_DoorLocks_v3c_Script.ts4script

yes only them 2
Deceased
Original Poster
#973 Old 24th Feb 2016 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sdg4407
yes only them 2

Hmm, it sounded like you were talking about the same bug that was in version 3b of the script - it would cause the sim picker to fail, not only for the mod but for every other action in the game which used the sim picker dialog after it was used. That should not be happening if you have only the latest version of the mod's script installed, so I'd suggest double-checking - perhaps there's a stale copy in a subfolder somewhere?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#974 Old 24th Feb 2016 at 7:53 PM
OK its working now
Test Subject
#975 Old 24th Feb 2016 at 7:55 PM
Hmm, it sounded like you were talking about the same bug that was in version 3b of the script - it would cause the sim picker to fail, not only for the mod but for every other action in the game which used the sim picker dialog after it was used. That should not be happening if you have only the latest version of the mod's script installed, so I'd suggest double-checking - perhaps there's a stale copy in a subfolder somewhere?

Thank you!
Page 39 of 43