Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[OUTDATED] The "CEP" - Color Enable Package v.8

by Numenor Posted 27th Sep 2005 at 2:46 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 9:27 PM by Nysha

Closed Thread Locked by: Reason:
333 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 329 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 13 of 14
Instructor
#301 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 2:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lord Darcy
It's not CEP but EAxis which b0rked dynasty dresser, as I mentioned in this MATY thread. Preferably it needs to be fixed by AL patch, but if not, Numenor will have yet another b0rk on his already full plate.

That was what I meant...I know it isn't the CEP but Maxis is breaking/renaming stuff which the CEP then can't read properly...just giving poor Numenor a heads up cause without feedback they may not know what has been broken and needs fixing...I am happily playing my game as is right now and have removed CEP for the time being.
Thankies,
Zen

www.crystalgecko.co.uk

Never wake a sleeping Dragon...for you are small and crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
Lab Assistant
#302 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 8:32 PM
One question.
Does this work with Apartment Life yet?
Just wondering.
Test Subject
#303 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 6:06 PM
Hi!
First of all I would like to thank Numenor for the job... awesome!
I am writing because in these days I've installed Teen style stuff, Kitchen & bath stuff and Apartment Life and the CEP doesn't seem to be working anymore, at least not properly, in fact many objects I had installed in the game have now become blue and flashy... So, is it because you have to post a new version of the CEP that suits with AL or am I doing something wrong?? Maybe it's a silly question, I'm sorry I don't know much about the CEP... I'm no good in creating I just download XDXD Sorry!
Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#304 Old 8th Sep 2008 at 6:04 PM
To: ajy0903

This CEP has not been updated to Apartment Life yet, give Numenor some time

To: QueenofSnow

This CEP would work for you *if* you didn't have Apartment Life installed as it has not been updated to that expansion pack yet.

[R.I.P. Munti 25/01/08 - You made me a better person. I miss you so much it hurts]
Test Subject
#305 Old 8th Sep 2008 at 7:00 PM
Thank you so much rhldavies.
I'll stay tuned then!
Inventor
#306 Old 9th Sep 2008 at 5:39 PM
Don't you mean Numenor?

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Test Subject
#307 Old 9th Sep 2008 at 9:00 PM
No, Queen of Snow means rhldavies as he answered her question.

*Hopes CEP is updated soon*
Inventor
#308 Old 9th Sep 2008 at 10:17 PM
No, right above that, the give Delphy some time

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Lab Assistant
#309 Old 11th Sep 2008 at 7:23 PM
Great ! Thanks Numenor !

I wonder for the next update (up to Apartment Life)... International windows that came in Open for Business are overwrite with same windows in Apartment Life, and original recolors disappears, leaves only the red one. If you resolve that bug, it will be an excellent CEP Extra !
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#310 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 5:35 PM
Yes, I'm aware of the problem arisen with those OFB windows after installing AL. It's the same that happened with the base-game toilet stall after BV.
I will surely include an Extra to fix that

Just let me update the BaseGameStarter, which is more urgent, and then I'll start working on the CEP.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#311 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 12:28 PM
timoram26
for now
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...p?topic=12890.0

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Lab Assistant
#312 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 3:22 PM
Just wanted to give out some more big sloppy smooches to Numenor for all you do! I appreciate you! *sits back and waits quietly and patiently while Numenor works his magic*

p.s. Hope you had a wonderful vacation!
Forum Resident
#313 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 4:55 PM
I Have A Problem Using This CEP For It Is Conflicting Stuff In The Newest EP The Sims 2 Apartment Life! Thought I Would Let You Know! Thanks

"This too shall pass, I shall walk and not become weary, I shall run and not faint, I shall mount up with wings like and eagle and fly."
Lab Assistant
#314 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anglesims2
I Have A Problem Using This CEP For It Is Conflicting Stuff In The Newest EP The Sims 2 Apartment Life! Thought I Would Let You Know! Thanks

Yep, Probably all your problems were already listed in previous posts by other CEP users. Always helpful to read back several pages to avoid duplication.
Forum Resident
#315 Old 20th Sep 2008 at 5:43 PM
Thank you! And some times it is very hard for me to read all posts due to eye strain and a lot of physical health disabilities that cause pain if sitting too long at my computer! So If I dii Sorry I did not mean to the oops posting! Thank you again!

"This too shall pass, I shall walk and not become weary, I shall run and not faint, I shall mount up with wings like and eagle and fly."
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#316 Old 20th Sep 2008 at 7:35 PM
Currently, I know of one problem only, with Apartment Life: some windows from OFB lose their recolors. Are there other problems with AL that I'm not aware of?

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Field Researcher
#317 Old 20th Sep 2008 at 8:31 PM
I assume that you're already well aware of Phone Handset & Teddy Bear problem which started at IKEA pack.

Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Currently, I know of one problem only, with Apartment Life: some windows from OFB lose their recolors. Are there other problems with AL that I'm not aware of?
Dynasty Dresser from base game, as discussed in this MATY thread.

I have a couple of requests like unrecolorable K&B deco objects or inclusion of Club Commercial Counter fix in CEP-Extra, but they definitely come as second to fixing AL borkiness.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Check out my Journal for updates on past creations.
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Lab Assistant
#318 Old 20th Sep 2008 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moonsingingfreak
No, Queen of Snow means rhldavies as he answered her question.

I'm a girl!

[R.I.P. Munti 25/01/08 - You made me a better person. I miss you so much it hurts]
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#319 Old 21st Sep 2008 at 4:29 AM
Yes, phone handset bug is pretty bad really. Can I try to remove CEPExtra for now until that will be updated?

Also I cannot modify faces structure in the game anymore, I guess since IKEA. the dialog screen Vanity does not contain facial structure window. Try Shaklin unversal dresser - the plastic menu disappeared.

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#320 Old 21st Sep 2008 at 11:45 AM
Lord Darcy
  • Dresser: Thanks for the heads up!
  • Phone handsets reverting to the base-game mesh: it has been fixed in CEP 8.1, and I tried today in my all-EP game, and they work fine (the right handset appear when I go to live mode). Doesn't it work for you? Or is there a different problem?
  • Teddy bears: you are right, it seems that AL has broken (among several other things) my CEP Extra that made all the four bears recolourable and wornable.
  • K&B objects: noted in my to-do list.
  • Commercial counter: good find Included in the to-do.

EDIT: I'm reading only now all the posts from mid July to late August, and I've found some other reports about the phones, though I can't replicate the problem. However I discovered some other interesting posts, that require my attantion (for example the trashcan not recolourable with lower graphic settings).

Ailias - As for the phone handsets, read above. In any case removing the Extra should fix temporarily the problem (you will lose the recolours for the base-game phones).
I don't understand the problem with the Vanity: do you really meand the face shape or the makeup? The face shape can only be modified with the special career object "Dr. Vu's Automated Cosmetic Surgeon", afaik.

Field Researcher
#321 Old 21st Sep 2008 at 12:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
  • Phone handsets reverting to the base-game mesh: it has been fixed in CEP 8.1, and I tried today in my all-EP game, and they work fine (the right handset appear when I go to live mode). Doesn't it work for you? Or is there a different problem?
You did fix it for FT in CEP 8.1, but then IKEA broke it again, as you've mentioned in this thread.
Probably it slipped from your mind, what with hectic real life and summer vacation. After all, this post is almost 3 months old.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#322 Old 21st Sep 2008 at 12:13 PM
LOL I should hire a secretary -

Test Subject
#323 Old 22nd Sep 2008 at 9:31 AM
Hey from Denmark. :p

First of all, kudos to you Numenor... I have the deepest respect for people that put so much work in to stuff like this. Your creations are fabulous. Think I got 'em all... :D

There are so many comments, so couldn't really find my way round 'em. Maybe this has been asked before... Has CEP anything to do with the loos of any other colors than red on the "ergo" windows from OFB?? I finally got recolors(any colors) to work on the toiletstall, but now they're missing in the windows.
Is it just me with this prob??

Betina
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#324 Old 22nd Sep 2008 at 10:45 AM
The missing colours in the OFB windows is a known problem introduced by EAxis with AL; I'm including a fix in the CEP, but in the meantime you can use this fix by Fat D.

Field Researcher
#325 Old 22nd Sep 2008 at 3:33 PM
AL replaced some of neighborhood decoration objects, much to many people's chagrin. This issue is discussed here.
I'm not sure if CEP can cover neighborhood decorations, just giving Numenor heads up.

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 14