Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 2:32 AM
Default Is there a way to speed up a semester?
I have been playing with my sims in university they are all ready juniors(i believe that's what is called), one of my sims started dating a roommate, i had a little bit of problems with the lot, so i moved them out, but also taking the lover. Now because he is a dormie, he has an undeclared major and is still a freshman. Can i somehow catch him up to seed? Or will i need to to continue playing after the graduate. My only solution so far is to use the university break mod from Simlogical. and just play him for a while. Is there anything else i could do?

I need a cigarette
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 2:47 AM
There are lots of ways to speed things up, depending on how cheaty you want to get.

Cheatiest I know of that's pretty safe: using the College Adjuster from TwoJeffs. You can read his description to find out everything it does, but basically you can set the sim's grade for that semester and then set the final to be as little as 2 hours away. I've never done that for any sim, just know that it has those functions and have heard that it works fine when used to finish college fast.

If you are willing to actually play the sim through each semester but just want those semesters over with as fast as the sim can handle, then you can try Pescado's College Clock. It has many fewer functions, but the one you'd be interested in is "Take Final Now," so that every final for that sim can happen the minute you are ready for it.

You can also make it so that all of college is only 8 days long (4 48-hour semesters) by installing Cyjon's Semester Changes.

Hope that helps---let us know if none of that is what you were looking for!

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Mad Poster
#3 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 3:26 PM
I use the Cyjon's mod. My semesters are 24-hours each.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Forum Resident
#4 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 3:38 PM
Do you mean 48 hours, smorbie1? Cyjon's Semester Changes only had 1 length, and that was it.

Or are you maybe using Simsky's mod for shorter semesters? He had three options, including 24 hours.

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Theorist
#5 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 3:43 PM
I've used Pescado's College Clock and TwoJeffs College Adjuster before I built the Mother of All Dorms where they could use their spare time to focus on hobbies and badges. Their spare time amounted to roughly 2/3 of each semester because by the time they went to class once, wrote a term paper, and befriended a professor they'd pretty much topped out their grades and once they did that I didn't bother sending them to class any more for that semester.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 3:43 PM
I use Cyjon's Semester Changes and uni up to graduation is 8 days long.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#7 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 4:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by natboopsie
Do you mean 48 hours, smorbie1? Cyjon's Semester Changes only had 1 length, and that was it.

Or are you maybe using Simsky's mod for shorter semesters? He had three options, including 24 hours.

I could have sworn it was Cyjon's, but it must be Simsky's. I wanted semesters as short as possible.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#8 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 4:53 PM
No. I have eight semesters with a final at the end of each.

Forum Resident
#9 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 5:07 PM
Got it. Yes, that has to be simsky's. Cyjon's only got four finals, as I said in my more-confusing deleted post.

The other thing about Cyjon's is that actually, semesters are not always exactly 48 hours, because he prioritized that finals are supposed to always be at 9am. So when each new uni year is initialized, Cyjon's mod varies the length of the year exactly as much from 48 hours as is necessary so that the final will take place at 9am. (It actually still may not happen at the 9am hour if you take sims off of their dorm/rental house lot to elsewhere on campus, because the semester timer keeps ticking when you do that. I believe you're supposed to be able to fix that by using the University>Fix Student command on his Debugger , but I've not tried that.)

Theorist
#10 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 6:35 PM
Two Jeff's College adjuster is my method of choice. You have several options for "hours to final exam".

My Sims only movie to college, get switched to the last semester right away, have their final exams in 2 hours and then move back home.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 6:38 PM
I use the Sim Manipulator and change the grades that way
Alchemist
#12 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 7:34 PM
I recall some hack being able to change time left in the current semester; I think insimenator.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 10:09 PM
Yes ... Insimenator has that feature. Back when I didn't like Uni as much (I do now), I used to use it.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
I recall some hack being able to change time left in the current semester; I think insimenator.

So does the college adjuster.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 1:27 AM Last edited by yavannatw : 9th Jul 2019 at 1:37 AM.
I use this one http://modthesims.info/d/302233/fas...r-36-hours.html

Edit: sorry, already mentioned up there. ^
Scholar
#16 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 1:34 AM
I only use College adjuster along with Cyjon's college mods that make the college into the semesters into one and Dave Luv 24 hour (yavannatw linked to it above^) so college is at most 4 sim-days and a half day for graduating/preparing moving home. The 72hr vanilla wouldn't work with my custom lifespan which is 1day/1year which I think would be 24 days/years or so otherwise?

But If I'm lazy which I tends to be, I give them a major, change to second semester with college adjuster, randomize their GPA with Random.org, and then change them to graduates .... Bye-bye college! Quick and easy with 4 clicks.

With college adjuster you need to change to another semester year before giving the GPA or the adjuster will nagg you won't get a gpa in first year.

Squinge college pack is another usefull mod which allow Y.A to live in the regular hood:
http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,96190.0.html
Semester Tester w/o Boolprop: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=148693
Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 10th Jul 2019 at 12:54 AM
Thanks everyone for the recommendations, i did try a few things but most of the things seemed kinda cheaty, as this is my first household in this new save file. So i try to avoid cheating of any kind around the first family, so i will just let my two sims graduate and than play a little bit more with him alone. For my next generation of university i will get mods to help me with things and probably introduce a tuition system.

I need a cigarette