Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Aug 2020 at 1:57 PM
Default Can I make a university community that doesn't age?
Hello,I'm thinking about creating a university community that doesn't age,a sitcom like. Because the sim years goes so fast from semester to semester...I know in a normal community you can type "aging off" to stop time fly by,but that doesn't work with university. If there is a trick to this,thank you so much for your time and sharing,bless!
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 18th Aug 2020 at 3:02 PM
For dormies, yes. For playables, kinda. There is Inge's University Break: http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...s2_Learning.htm

It's an object mod that stops the uni countdown clock. This isn't a permanent solution, however, and it only affects the playables on the current lot:
Quote:
You're trying to take your playable Uni students on an outing or vacation, but every time you try, you find one of them has just dashed off to class, or has a final coming up they mustn't be too tired for! Now you can close the college down for a day - or even give them a long sabbatical - with this scaled-down version of the Wiseman, and the complementary patch. Simple menu: "Take a break" and "Back to work". While in Break mode, the time to finals does not count down, and the students will not be called to class. But they can catch up on their assignments if they wish.
Affects only the playable students on the lot they live in, where this object is placed. Compatible with TwoJeffs' College Adjuster.

You can also try making semesters longer. Lientebollemeis wrote a tutorial on how to do that here: https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...ersityspan.html

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 18th Aug 2020 at 10:16 PM
There was a mod by Carrigon for 7200 hours til final exams, essentially making university endless, but the site is gone and my quick search for an archive led me to a dead end.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th Aug 2020 at 5:04 AM
Pescado's College Clock will freeze the college timer for the current lot. If you visit a University community lot the timer will start back up again, so you may want to place clocks on the community lots too.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/uni/hacks/

Quote: Originally posted by Pescado
FEATURES:
1. Reset or Fast-forward College Timer back to either 72 hours or 1 hour.
2. Freeze College Clock for all controllable students in family via either pie menu option or "aging off" for as long as a clock remains present on lot.
3. Reroll Lifetime Want if your sim wants something really lame and dumb!
4. Synchronize clock to selected sim so all residents have the same semesters.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 20th Aug 2020 at 1:34 PM
There's another option to change the time left until final exams HERE which I put into my game for being able to fix school grades on children and kids as well as fixing the time left until finals for students.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Aug 2020 at 3:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Pescado's College Clock will freeze the college timer for the current lot. If you visit a University community lot the timer will start back up again, so you may want to place clocks on the community lots too.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/uni/hacks/

Thanks so much. What about vacation lots? Do you need to put this on ALL lots or just within university lots?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 22nd Aug 2020 at 3:50 AM
Sims don't age or progress with pregnancy while on holiday/vacation.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8 Old 23rd Aug 2020 at 2:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by billygot
Thanks so much. What about vacation lots? Do you need to put this on ALL lots or just within university lots?

The clock only needs to go on University lots. The game's timer freezes by itself if your sims leave campus (for example: going on a date to a Downtown lot). The timer will start back up when your sims return to campus unless you're using a mod like the clock.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 23rd Aug 2020 at 2:27 AM
Look up Sims 2 College Adjuster.

You can use to constantly set which semester your sims are in...essentially making it so that freshman year lasts forever (or any semester). I use it all the time for various things.

They should use The Sims 2 in psychology....it could work wonders.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 23rd Aug 2020 at 3:38 PM
@bloodstained_black_lace -You just named the Mod I linked to as my suggestion.I advised that Mod be used though I gave a link to download it.I have it in my game though it's not been used yet because nobody is going to high school until my town is big enough to support a campus.Dodge is way too small and too newly settled to even have children being born there yet.