Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
just a girl
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Aug 2022 at 9:12 PM Last edited by Lamare : 15th Aug 2022 at 10:08 PM.
Default Can't update (replace) files in my upload
Hi! I'm trying to update my files in 50 LTWs thread, and even though it says they're updated, it gives the old files, and I'm pretty sure the zips I'm trying to replace them with are new. It's been a couple of hours and I've tried several times now.

Is it because of the Changes Required state? I didn't find anything about this in the guidelines, so I thought I'd ask. And they only asked for more screenshots, I don't think updating was supposed to be blocked.

UPD. Someone told me they have the same issue downloading my supposedly updated Chooser - they say the file is old. Although I get the new file when I try to download, so it's inconsistent?
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 16th Aug 2022 at 12:56 PM
Both of these issues are basically the same - the CDN that's used can cache the older files for a while so that if you try downloading it doesn't give you the right version. Usually this clears itself pretty quickly but obviously in this case it didn't.

I've added a bit of code to the URL for the downloads to add a version which gets updated when you replace/add a file, so hopefully this should prevent this in future.

Thanks for the feedback!

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
just a girl
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Aug 2022 at 2:59 PM
Thank you for finding the solution to prevent this in the future! Is there anything I can do to insure it, like renaming the files maybe? I think renaming used to wipe the stats before, but maybe it's not the case anymore.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#4 Old 17th Aug 2022 at 10:31 AM
Renaming the file and then replacing wouldn't help since it doesn't change the underlying database id used. Uploading new would indeed wipe the stats.

You don't need to do anything, since the change I implemented also works retroactively and for the future - ie all files now have that change regardless of when they where uploaded.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.