Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jan 2022 at 10:22 PM Last edited by omglo : 1st Jan 2022 at 10:35 PM.
Default What are your Sims goals for 2022
2021 - https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=651150
2020 https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=636902

Happy New Year, everyone. I hope we all have a happy and productive 2022. What sort of Sims-related things do you hope to accomplish this year?

1. Playing the game just for fun
2. I want to make some city related custom content for an urban neighborhood I want to make.
3. I'd like to overhaul the child witch mod. I was never fully happy with the way it currently is.
4. I'd like to make some 1to2 conversions. Which is really just making copies of Sims 1 objects from scratch.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Jan 2022 at 11:37 PM
My goals are to get a few games going and progress my BACC to the next generation.
1.Lauch my Pleasantview Epic Challenge town
2.Start playing my TOT game.
3.Start playing my homesteader's challenge town.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 1st Jan 2022 at 11:37 PM
Play the game. I tend to focus on my reading hobby because i'm on Goodreads and booktube. And while I still want to read I want to make time for Sims again because I love Sims too.
Finish round 1

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#4 Old 2nd Jan 2022 at 12:04 AM
1. Finish a good number of projects I've kind of just had sitting around untouched for a long time
2. Figure out a complete map/world/whatever for my medieval builds to be connected through, like I've done with my modern urban builds
3. Try to find the "fun" in the Sims games again, since lately that's been sorely lacking for me... maybe different projects? Maybe playing a different version of the game?

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 2nd Jan 2022 at 12:45 AM
Goals for 2022

1- Finish the Service Area neighborhood in the next few days / weeks.
2- Fix some details of Jeans Shaker Oasis for the last time to feel that I can forget about that project.
3- Play the real game, (I'm playing now so it's a good way to start the year)
4- Continue with my medieval neighborhood and other projects, but with calm and attention to details.
5- Try to make my next constructions of better quality.
6- Do cc cleanup and finish configuring my game with the latest mods.
7- Regenerate the clean templates of the base game neighborhoods to play seriously.
8- Download recolors, curtains and carpets again.
9- Create personalized and good quality television channels.
Link Ninja
#6 Old 2nd Jan 2022 at 8:56 AM
2022 goals:

1. Make a posebox for children sitting on the ground
2. Update my story for real-real again
3. Work more on organizing downloads, even merge some some
4. Have at least one of my artisan good businesses startup (I have two vineyards and a meadery sitting empty)
5. Create a Senior Center
6. Replace the gym in Memosa Bay with something better
7. re-vamp the graduation lots in the uni subhoods
8. Edit my hobby pinboard cc to gain hobby enthusiasm
9. update my neighborhood thread since a ton of stuff has happened from 2020-2021 in it
10. Archive my 2019 sim pics and delete out any that I will never use from 2021.

There, 10 goals!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Lab Assistant
#7 Old 2nd Jan 2022 at 4:07 PM
Keep finding the time to play. I've been working part time for 6 months and going back to having two jobs is going to be a culture shock - but hoping my Sims can help me chill out once a week or so!
Instructor
#8 Old 2nd Jan 2022 at 7:46 PM
Well actually it's a goal I discussed with my therapist for one of my goals of 2022, (because I have a lot of trouble with goals and moving forward in life because my brain is broken) but my sims goal for this year is to finish the Test of Time challenge. Considering that at the moment I'm only on rotation 2 of the first gen still I'm not sure if I'll be successful with this goal but if I play A LOT then maybe!
Test Subject
#9 Old 3rd Jan 2022 at 10:38 AM
To not restart the world, but keep playing to see how far I'll get in a year (currently halfway through the 2nd round).
Forum Resident
#10 Old 4th Jan 2022 at 1:13 AM
2022 only because the last week of 2021 was so busy:

Upload recolors of What the skell's Mix ‘n Match Shirtwaists dresses -finished

Finish uploading photos of my makeovers the Maxis neigborhoods finished

And as of now I am officially retired from simming
Mad Poster
#11 Old 4th Jan 2022 at 2:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mischief Managed
And as of now I am officially retired from simming
I'm sorry to hear it. We'll miss you. Nevertheless my Sims and I wish you a happy retirement.

There's no chance of me retiring from Simming. I'm more likely to retire from Real Life, and go and live with my friends in Veronaville! :lovestruc

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 4th Jan 2022 at 9:32 PM
Thank you, till next time
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I'm sorry to hear it. We'll miss you. Nevertheless my Sims and I wish you a happy retirement.

There's no chance of me retiring from Simming. I'm more likely to retire from Real Life, and go and live with my friends in Veronaville! :lovestruc

@AndrewGloria. aww; thank you so much. :lovestruc : And no worries while I am done with the game itself and creating content I will still pop back into the community now and then
Field Researcher
#13 Old 24th Feb 2022 at 4:07 PM
My goal is to finally getting around to playing Veronaville. It's the last neighbourhood in my first round of all the hoods...when I started playing individual hoods rotationally 6 years ago...

I'm getting close to getting finished with my current hood before getting there!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 25th Feb 2022 at 6:02 PM
If we are able to build and play on those huge lots that Lazy Duchess is working on, I want to rebuild some of The Sims 4's neighborhoods and make them real open neighborhoods in The Sims 2. Foundry Cove seems like a good and simple place to start.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 25th Feb 2022 at 7:25 PM
My goals are always the same.
Play, play, play and play some more
Alchemist
Original Poster
#16 Old 25th Feb 2022 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mate54
If we are able to build and play on those huge lots that Lazy Duchess is working on, I want to rebuild some of The Sims 4's neighborhoods and make them real open neighborhoods in The Sims 2. Foundry Cove seems like a good and simple place to start.

That's a great idea. I have a theme park in mind for those big lots, if they ever work.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 25th Feb 2022 at 9:01 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 26th Feb 2022 at 4:34 PM.
My 2021 goals were:
1. Get my game properly fixed (still got some random crashing, but not flashing pink like a dance party, and haven't tested the full CC load, so still have some work left to do there)
2. Get my story hood up and running (Nope. Got as far as a quick test-hood, but not any further than that)
3. Update my story again (Done some writing, but that's it...)
4. Take more pictures (did fewer in 2021 than any previous years, I think)
5. Play more (Played less than previous years. Opened Bodyshop a few times and played TS4 a litle bit)
6. Finish editing/sorting/renaming/etc. my CC (Nope, but did a little bit more).
So all in all 2021 wasn't my best simming year...

For 2022:
Recycling is a good thing, right? Might as well recycle these a third time.
Also adding on
7: Finish some of my old projects. Due to being very easily distracted with new and shiny things, I probably have more than 100++ different projects I've stuffed into various folders for "finishing up later". Some of these are at least 5-6 years old, so probably time to do something about that...
Theorist
#18 Old 26th Feb 2022 at 2:23 PM
2022 Sims goals:
- Just enjoy playing more (without feeling as if I have to completely decorate a neighborhood and/or finish building all lots beforehand).
- Take a hiatus/break whenever needed (and not worry that I'll completely lose interest in the game if I take another six-month hiatus like I did the last time).
- Try new things gameplay wise to keep things fresh.
- Finish some of the bigger projects I've been procrastinating on.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Forum Resident
#19 Old 26th Feb 2022 at 3:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mate54

I would really play Strangerville if someone did it for sims 2, although s4 is disgusting, I loved that neighborhood. (too bad the mystery ended so soon)
Field Researcher
#20 Old 10th Mar 2022 at 7:15 PM
Hmm, last time I posted was six months ago.

I have some simple Sims game goals for 2022:
1. Return to TS2 after a hardware failure and since-resolved family emergency.

The rest is essentially 'Play my one and only Veronaville I've played until I deem it finished or it blasts itself to unreadable bits'. The major stuff I've wanted to play follows.
2. Continue Oberon Capp's story; yes Oberon Summerdream married adult Hermia Capp after she became an adult. Despite less ambition than other Sims, Oberon is nonetheless able to provide for his wife and child.
3. Finish Mercutio Monty's story, he's currently an elder Senator or Mayor (can't remember which) that realized the full-blooded Capp family will live on much longer than his, but has political power and envisions a new 'Downtown Veronaville' to serve its growing population. He also hopes to provide a good future for his young daughters as he had one alien abduction daughter and twins with his wife late in his adult life.
4. Finish Tybalt Capp's story, he's a retired and disgraced police officer that married Carla McCullough (yes, the adult pigtail-haired townie that got into fights on community lots). What Tybalt doesn't know is Carla "stole" his Elixir of Life and secretly plans to meet someone new and remarry. What Carla doesn't know is the Capp Manor isn't hers—it's Juliette's.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 18th Mar 2022 at 5:12 AM
Same as 2020 and 2021
Finish a 100 baby challenge

Have you ever walked into a room & forgot why you went in there?
What if God is playing The Sims & he just cancelled your action.
Adopt-a-Sim My Creations My Tumblr
Instructor
#22 Old 18th Mar 2022 at 6:38 PM
I can't play sims at the moment, but I find I actually do have some sim goals for 2022:
1. Get the game up and running again. This won't be until we have a new stationary computer and can set up a proper network, but this is finally starting to feel more like a possibility again.
2. Start up a "challenge-challenge" in an empty hood. The idea is to start with a town founder and play a short challenge with them and the reward for finishing will be to add a playable household and a community lot for the neighbourhood. After one challenge is finished I go on to the next and the plan is to build up the neighbourhood slowly, with restrictions a bit like in an apocalypse challenge, and then lift restrictions by finishing challenges.
3. Try playing a megahood. I've never done that before, but I've been inspired by watching some simmers playing megahoods on YouTube.