Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#12101 Old 6th Aug 2021 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Fyren5, that's the exact thing I hate about TS3!

That's fair

There my sim was, minding her own business, a new sim to the hood out in town. I thought she'd meet people, check out the fortune teller, etc., you know? And then some fairy came over and just randomly decided to turn her into a toad. They had not met. They were not enemies. Just random toadification. After this happened a second time in a completely different save, that's when I decided fairies weren't allowed to be populated. Maybe I just need to find a mod, but definitely my current sims are not equipped to handle that kind of situation. And it's not like you can just pop over to the store and buy a cure. Oh no, you have to wait for it to be in stock. And who knows if my sim could even afford it!

I loved it in Sims 3 back when I played it. Supernatural was my favorite pack after all. Luckily it'd be a mod in Sims 2 so you can decide whether or not you want it. Surely there's a mod somewhere to disable autonomous spells in Sims 3, right? Haven't played it in a loooong time since losing all of my packs. I have to buy them all over again which reminds me Supernatural is next on my list, so thank you!

So in TS2, sure, I probably wouldn't mind if the evil head witch occasionally made some townies act like chickens or whatever. But if she cast Tabula Rasa or Extractum Amorus on one of my playables, I'm not gonna lie, I'd be pretty pissed. Tabula Rasa in particular is irreversible, too, right?

Unless you go through SimPE or use Memory Manipulator and add the memories back one by one, then yes Tabula Rasa is irreversible. I'm pretty sure mods can be made to allow only certain things to be autonomous, in this case spells. So if modding spells to be autonomous is even possible, you could make Tabula Rasa and any other spell you're not a fan of non-auto. Then again I don't know a thing about modding so uh.... I'm probably talking a load of baloney. I'd still think it'd be fun though in my personal game since I play with witches all the time.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#12102 Old 6th Aug 2021 at 10:42 PM
That might be a really simple mod to make @Fryen5. In a lot of cases (but not every case) setting autonomy is as simple as changing a 64 to a 32. This probably isn't the thread for this discussion, but let me know if you want to try it, and I can send you a PM with details.
Field Researcher
#12103 Old 7th Aug 2021 at 7:14 PM
I wish there was FORENSIC CAREER.
Top Secret Researcher
#12104 Old 7th Aug 2021 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lena88
I wish there was FORENSIC CAREER.

@Lena88
Like the one in The Sims 3? Intelligence - Forensics?
Or this: https://modthesims.info/downloads.p...ensic&gs=0&f=38

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Inventor
#12105 Old 9th Aug 2021 at 12:16 AM
I have an old Sim who still gets mad about a burglary that happened when he was young - for all I know the burglar might be dead for half a century.

Some reaction is to be expected but this is ridiculous. Any help available?
Mad Poster
#12106 Old 9th Aug 2021 at 1:23 PM
Once toddlers have learned to use the potty, to walk, and to talk, I'd like them to be more like real pre-school children. I'd like them to autonomously talk to other Sims, including other toddlers. I'd like them to autonomously play with each other and with older children. I don't know much about TS4, but I've heard that TS4 toddlers can do a lot of interesting things. I'd like my TS2 toddlers to be more like them.

And of course I wish you could take them to community lots. One of the best entertainments my mother and I have in real life is to watch the antics of other people's toddlers. They really are fun to watch, when you know they're somebody else's responsibility, and you don't have to take them home and deal with their tantrums.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#12107 Old 9th Aug 2021 at 3:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Once toddlers have learned to use the potty, to walk, and to talk, I'd like them to be more like real pre-school children. I'd like them to autonomously talk to other Sims, including other toddlers. I'd like them to autonomously play with each other and with older children. I don't know much about TS4, but I've heard that TS4 toddlers can do a lot of interesting things. I'd like my TS2 toddlers to be more like them.

And of course I wish you could take them to community lots. One of the best entertainments my mother and I have in real life is to watch the antics of other people's toddlers. They really are fun to watch, when you know they're somebody else's responsibility, and you don't have to take them home and deal with their tantrums.

And this is the one reason I like to sometimes age toddlers up quickly-even with an aging mod, they're boring as all get out. All they ever want to do is play with that toy, (rabbit I hate you) eat, sleep or use the potty.

Most toddlers I know of are pretty mobile, getting into everything under the sun and the parents are usually exhausted trying to keep up with them.

Sims 2 toddlers? Boring!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#12108 Old 12th Aug 2021 at 8:29 PM
More custom alien skies and horizons. It would be nice to have alien skylines that would match the default desert, lush, dirt, or concrete terrain but would have some alien flora and possibly alien buildings for suburban or urban areas, and futuristic skyscrapers. Also some inside-building skies and horizons so you can simulate the inside of a massive arcology, space station, or generational ship. If there are any like this, point me to them. Generational ships, the more industrial or creepy arcologies, and space stations could have the concrete terrain or custom FX. The alien plants could look like this: http://www.retailsims.com/Landscape/AlienPlantPack3.htm for example, and I've downloaded pretty much any plants I could find that looked alien enough.
Mad Poster
#12109 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 11:24 AM
Toddlers may be far from complete, but for their short age span, they can actually do a lot of stuff:
they can catch butterflies
they can play with the snow
they can eat snow
they can - if there is more than one - pick a fight over a milk bottle
they can start crying for hours if you fire the nanny
they can make friends with adults or teens by asking for attention and the outgoing ones love that
they can make friends with other toddlers by hugging each other or play with the activity table together
They can hug the family dog - and the wolf, when he comes around.
Honestly, there is hardly any time to teach them to walk and talk
Would be nice if they could tell an inside joke, though.
Mad Poster
#12110 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 3:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Toddlers may be far from complete, but for their short age span, they can actually do a lot of stuff:
they can catch butterflies
they can play with the snow
they can eat snow
they can - if there is more than one - pick a fight over a milk bottle
they can start crying for hours if you fire the nanny
they can make friends with adults or teens by asking for attention and the outgoing ones love that
they can make friends with other toddlers by hugging each other or play with the activity table together
They can hug the family dog - and the wolf, when he comes around.
Honestly, there is hardly any time to teach them to walk and talk
Would be nice if they could tell an inside joke, though.

Not only that, but they can play in the toilet and make puddles, splash in puddles that were already made by sims or pets, eat chocolate puddles made by candy machine failures... toddlers can get into PLENTY of trouble. Though it would be nice to have a feature where they could get into various cleaning supplies and such or playing with electric sockets (though the worst that would happen would be them vomiting and losing a lot of comfort and fun). Thing is, toddlers will put ANYTHING in their mouths and they don't know what is safe or dangerous. Or maybe have them overturn and empty wastebaskets and play with (possibly breaking) glass and other breakable objects in low places like the floor and coffee table.
Instructor
#12111 Old 14th Aug 2021 at 11:25 PM
For all I know this may exist, I've not actually looked. But I'd love a mod for non-residents to help with homework.

Neither Daniel or Mary-Sue will help Lilith but I really want to fulfill that want for her before she ages up in 1 day. She has a good relationship with Herb and Coral but when I invite them over their names aren't options unless I cheat to make them selectable.

I don't love having to cheat but I feel like she really would ask Herb (and my own grandpa helped me with my homework throughout college quite often despite not living in my house). I don't feel like it's Lilith's fault that the game can't do this.

edit: I looked
Field Researcher
#12112 Old 17th Aug 2021 at 9:41 PM
Default Castaway grill/stove
I wish someone would do CONVERSION of CASTAWAY GRILL/STOVE. I have found the conversion for TS3 or TS4 for this, but not 2.
Theorist
#12113 Old 17th Aug 2021 at 10:22 PM
Did you mean this one?
https://s22cdb.livejournal.com/35702.html

Though, I see it requires some piece of CC that is unavailable. You can try looking for the stove in this collection in such case.
Mad Poster
#12114 Old 17th Aug 2021 at 11:23 PM
I'd like to see a hack that allows elder Sims to keep their hair colour they had when an adult instead of just going grey.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Field Researcher
#12115 Old 17th Aug 2021 at 11:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by topp
Did you mean this one?
https://s22cdb.livejournal.com/35702.html

Though, I see it requires some piece of CC that is unavailable. You can try looking for the stove in this collection in such case.

No, its not this one. It can be found (in CASTAWAY STORIES) in SHADY LAGOON, outside of wood cabin/shelter.
Scholar
#12116 Old 21st Aug 2021 at 7:37 AM
Some sort of action called something like 'take a walk' for those times you want to pretend a sim is doing something but don't want to (or can't) change lot to do it. I like to dice roll whether a sim gets a job, but it would be better if they had to go off lot for a bit to have the interview. I know there's similar things like going for a spin or taking the pet for a walk, but not every sim is gonna have a car or pet.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Theorist
#12117 Old 21st Aug 2021 at 10:19 AM
You can go hiking if they're into nature, or pretend they're jogging to their job interview and then changing to non-stinky clothes once they get there (if they have some fitness enthusiasm).
Mad Poster
#12118 Old 21st Aug 2021 at 10:32 AM
For jobs in owned businesses (of any sort) my Sims do sometimes have interviews. When Andrew and Julian interviewed Keith Cormier and Mallory Mace to be their reps in Monopolis, they did the interview in the love tub in Andrew's back garden. Andrew says, "Why not?"

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Forum Resident
#12119 Old 21st Aug 2021 at 11:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bubblebeam
Some sort of action called something like 'take a walk' for those times you want to pretend a sim is doing something but don't want to (or can't) change lot to do it. I like to dice roll whether a sim gets a job, but it would be better if they had to go off lot for a bit to have the interview. I know there's similar things like going for a spin or taking the pet for a walk, but not every sim is gonna have a car or pet.

This.

Do you know how much time I spent looking for a "conversion" of the sims 3 feature where parents are sent away for a weekend so the teenagers can throw a party? I'll tell you, it'd probably been multiple weeks. The only things I found was the community time project, where I would send the parents and play them for days at like a spa or something, and a "take for spin" mod that adds things like shopping and a "vacation" that lasts until you cancel the interaction. First one is not for me because I like to cheat with community lots, and the second doesn't allow for multiple sims to go, and also just makes the car glitch out.

I've even tried using the debug "go off lot" thing at the edge of the pavement, and it didn't work. Granted now that I've surpassed being a teenager myself I have learnt that the american films where parents go away and the teens throw a huge party where five vases are broken are not realistic, and that you can just slam the parents into a room and have the teenagers roam around in the yard. But still. How is Lilith and Angela going to throw a party where they potentially kill each other with the weights from Daniel's machine?

I hate being a cancer and having so many feelings about insignificant things...
Mad Poster
#12120 Old 21st Aug 2021 at 12:19 PM
Andrew says, "We Sims are not 'insignificant things'."

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#12121 Old 21st Aug 2021 at 12:37 PM
Alchemist
#12122 Old 21st Aug 2021 at 2:23 PM
I'd like to see CC sculptures and paintings give the right sort of enthusiasm. A poster of the solar system should give science enthusiasm, while a decorative tray of cookies should give cuisine etc.
Mad Poster
#12123 Old 21st Aug 2021 at 5:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
I'd like to see CC sculptures and paintings give the right sort of enthusiasm. A poster of the solar system should give science enthusiasm, while a decorative tray of cookies should give cuisine etc.

It's possible to fix this yourself with some meddling in SimPE, it's just tedious.
Instructor
#12124 Old 22nd Aug 2021 at 1:25 AM
A mod for sims to play chess on the computer to gain logic? My sims don't usually have room for a chess table, or the money for a telescope, but they usually have a computer. Monique's hacked computer lets them study skills but that feels a tiny bit cheaty to me since they're not really doing anything. So if they could like Play>Chess like it was a game but gain logic. Does this maybe already exist? I tried googling and only get sims 4 results.
Alchemist
#12125 Old 22nd Aug 2021 at 11:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
It's possible to fix this yourself with some meddling in SimPE, it's just tedious.

Thanks. Yeah, you can. I'm just lacking the energy to do it myself.
Page 485 of 576