Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Save the Environment Driving Eco-Friendly Cars

by Sims MX Posted 16th Aug 2010 at 7:43 AM - Updated 20th Feb 2013 at 4:44 AM by Sims MX

161 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 113 Feedback Posts, 47 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 7
Banned
#26 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 7:22 PM
Finally! Thanks for this mod.

Here's the Russian translation:

Зачем мучиться в загазованном авто, если можно поехать на экологически чистом транспорте: и стиль, и полезно?

(Поездка на экологически чистом транспорт&#1077
Forum Resident
#27 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 9:29 PM
This is great!
Great that there is a dutch translation. :D

Creator and owner of SimsShine
Instructor
Original Poster
#28 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 11:36 PM Last edited by Sims MX : 18th Aug 2010 at 2:46 AM.
@Dennis6791 and Serega_93 Thanks for your translations! I'll add them ASAP.

@JeffreyC Do you have the latest patch? Where did you install these packages? The patch 1.12.70 changed the way to install files, make sure you're following these instructions: Installing Sims 3 Package Files - Old Way to New Way. If you have further doubts/issues, keep posting. I'll test the files anyways. Edit: Do you have Ambitions?
Field Researcher
#29 Old 18th Aug 2010 at 2:50 AM
Awesome job! I have been wanting this mod for a long time and I tried to edit the Buffs_XML file but I couldn't get it to work for the life of me.. now I know why. It required a script mod lol I'm still learning myself how to script mod.. so again.. amazing job!
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 18th Aug 2010 at 2:52 AM
got carried away on the delete I've been avoiding the "new way" as having the files under documents is really stupid and something I always hated about Sims 2. Doing that though has allowed your mod to work. Strange, it is the only mod I've had problems with. Oh well, I guess everything can't been good about Sims 3, back to the dumb having files under documents method.
Banned
#31 Old 18th Aug 2010 at 10:02 AM
I try this in my game, but itsn't work
Test Subject
#32 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 3:44 AM
Thanks for this mod! This was something I never understood...

I've also attached my European Portuguese translation, so please include it (and I believe the same STBL can go with both files)!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  S3_220557DA_08000000_1042A5F4E5AF6696%%+STBL.zip (410 Bytes, 11 downloads)
Instructor
Original Poster
#33 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 4:25 AM Last edited by Sims MX : 19th Aug 2010 at 4:40 AM.
@Serega_93 I redownloaded the packages and tested them and everything is working fine for me. Did you installed both packages? Try downloading both and remember to install them to your Mods folder in Documents.

@GTNS Thanks, I just added your translation !
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 5:14 AM
I'm actually having a unique problem. I downloaded this mod, but the game is now treating the Prius and Twizy like it's not a vehicle. It won't snap it to the driveway -- in fact, it insists that I "can't intersect objects" if I try to place it anyway -- although it will let me put it down on the grass anywhere else. When I do so, my Sim refuses to use the vehicle, instead using a taxi. I even tried dragging it into her inventory, but it refused to let me drop it in there. I've tried this with both Eco-Friendly Sims and non-Eco-Friendly Sims, but the result is the same.

I'm using the Old School download method, because I never could get the New Method to work for me. I've noticed JeffreyC had a problem (although he deleted the original post so I don't know if it was the same problem) that was caused by putting downloads in the old place. Is mine the same?
Banned
#35 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 9:14 AM Last edited by Serega_93 : 19th Aug 2010 at 10:31 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Sims MX
to install them to your Mods folder in Documents.

Yes, it work with Renault Twizy, not Toyota Prius. :p
Test Subject
#36 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 9:33 PM
Take Requests?
I always hated the fact that personal libraries in Sim's houses do not get the "Power Study" moodlet. I thought about modding a bookcase so that when Sims are near it, they gain the Power Study moodlet so they read faster. Do you think you would be interested in taking this up?
Instructor
Original Poster
#37 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 1:41 AM
@Serega_93 That's weird. It works fine for me. I need more information in order to help you. Did you downloaded these cars legitimately (I mean: did you buy the from the Store and installed them through the Launcher)?

@Nukapei It's the same problem JeffreyC had. You have to install them the new way.

@bcollins87 That sounds cool! I'll give it a try, I just started script modding and this mod is pretty simple. So I have to learn more!
Test Subject
#38 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 3:10 AM
you know the way i think about it using an electric car actually hurts the environment more.because even though it doesn't burn fuel i THINK for example that it makes less pollution to burn 30 miles of gas than to produce 30 miles of electricity.
great download and thanks for listening to my thoughts :D
Banned
#39 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 5:40 PM
Did you downloaded these cars legitimately (I mean: did you buy the from the Store and installed them through the Launcher)?

Yes, of course. I try again redownload sets from The Store and fix from MTS and install on my game, but it again work only on Renault Twizy.
Inventor
#40 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 2:28 AM
Not only am I getting this but I've also advertised this mod in my sims 3 blog

Thank you and let me tell ya, I think this mod is awesome!

xts

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Instructor
Original Poster
#41 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 1:01 AM
@Serega_93 I'm sorry I'm unable to reproduce your issue and I've ran out of ideas. I tried going here to download the Twizy again but it's already owned. So the Russian version and the one I got must be the same. I already suggested this but redownload both files, install them and clear your caches. If that doesn't work, then I don't know what it's going on. Простите.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 2:01 AM
This was so much needed, thanks very much!!

Si vos tribuo , vos mos suscipio :)
Test Subject
#43 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 2:26 AM
Good job

:king:
Banned
#44 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 8:25 AM
@Serega_93 I'm sorry I'm unable to reproduce your issue and I've ran out of ideas. I tried going here to download the Twizy again but it's already owned. So the Russian version and the one I got must be the same. I already suggested this but redownload both files, install them and clear your caches. If that doesn't work, then I don't know what it's going on. Простите.

Well, I'll try it again. I will ask someone from the Russian players to also try this fix in their game. Then I tell the result.
Test Subject
#45 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 3:36 AM
um i tryed selling it and rebuying and my sim still cant use it

Now i want to play with uuuuuu! HA HA HA!!
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 7:23 AM Last edited by Daelda : 26th Aug 2010 at 7:25 AM. Reason: Updated info
Any update needed with the new updated Prius Eco+Celebration Pack? Or has the code remained the same? I figure it is probably the same, but then again, if something can get screwed up....

Edit: I notice it is even named ToyotaSet2 - where the original was just ToyotaSet. I guess you should check that....
Instructor
Original Poster
#47 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 9:17 PM
@Evil_Jax Make sure to install packages "the new way".

@Daelda I checked and nothing seems to be changed, the car is the same. So this mod should work.
Test Subject
#48 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 2:26 PM
I would love to download the but where can I get the cars? They aren´t in the Sims shop anymore. -.-
Instructor
Original Poster
#49 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 12:32 AM
Field Researcher
#50 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 12:22 PM
Thanks this is great now if only something could be done about the negative moodlet you get for taking a bath because i always thought taking a bath conserved water
Page 2 of 7