Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Save the Environment Driving Eco-Friendly Cars

by Sims MX Posted 16th Aug 2010 at 7:43 AM - Updated 20th Feb 2013 at 4:44 AM by Sims MX

161 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 113 Feedback Posts, 47 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 7
Instructor
Original Poster
#51 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 4:47 AM
Test Subject
#52 Old 1st Sep 2010 at 6:07 AM
this is wonderful!!! thank you soooo much!!!!
Test Subject
#53 Old 1st Sep 2010 at 6:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims MX
They are:

thank you sooo much!! i've been looking for the twizy
Test Subject
#54 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 7:41 AM
FINALLY someone has done it! I wouldn't even begin to know how I could have made transportation for my eco-friendly sim that I am really into playing for the moment! Thank you!!
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 9:12 AM
Thanks a lot, this was always bugging me - why didn't EA think of this??
Theorist
#56 Old 5th Sep 2010 at 10:34 AM
So glad someone finally figured this out! Thanks for sharing.
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 6th Sep 2010 at 12:47 AM
Thanks heaps for this mod. I don't get teh moodlet but I'm not getting the wasting natural resources moodlet anymore lol

Save The Trees... Kill A Beaver!!!
Field Researcher
#58 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 8:18 PM
Is this ok to use with Fast Lane Stuff?
Field Researcher
#59 Old 20th Sep 2010 at 11:44 AM
I too get the "eco-friendly vehicle" moodlet for the Twizy but the "wasting resources" moodlet for the Prius. Has anyone found a solution for this?
Instructor
Original Poster
#60 Old 21st Sep 2010 at 2:07 AM
@AnnaIME Do you have both packages installed?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#61 Old 26th Sep 2010 at 3:48 PM Last edited by loser : 27th Sep 2010 at 12:26 AM.
Umm sorry but the link for the Prius wont work and when I search the site for it I get no results. Has it been taken down? I wander if I can find it on this site.....

I tried looking for it all over the web and nada. I did find a pack file but it wont show up on my sims 3 launcher therefore I can't install it. I've pretty much given up on putting it in by now.....
Instructor
Original Poster
#62 Old 26th Sep 2010 at 10:09 PM
@loser It works for me, try redownloading or refreshing.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#63 Old 27th Sep 2010 at 12:31 AM
I don't mean your download, I mean the prius itself on the sims 3 site. Whenever I click the link I get a 404 and searching produced no results....perhaps.....I read something about it only being released to america I think while the renault was released to Europe and its surrounding countries but I was hoping it wasn't true X_X
Instructor
Original Poster
#64 Old 28th Sep 2010 at 12:34 AM
Oh! Yes, it's true. You can donwload both no matter what country you live in though. At the end of the page there's a button to change language settings. Change them to "English - United States" for the Prius or "English - United Kingdom" for the Twizy.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#65 Old 6th Oct 2010 at 9:17 PM
My eco friendly simmie is going to be so happy now Thanks for this
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#66 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 5:16 PM
I have a little problem with both of the cars. Because I have a pirated sims 3 game (coz i hate wasting money on sims) I cant download them from the sims 3 page. When I downloaded the files from here my game doesn't show the cars in the vechicle section. Maybe the cars aren't there?
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#67 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 12:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shadowhunteress
I have a little problem with both of the cars. Because I have a pirated sims 3 game (coz i hate wasting money on sims) I cant download them from the sims 3 page. When I downloaded the files from here my game doesn't show the cars in the vechicle section. Maybe the cars aren't there?

The cars are not included in this download so if you do not have them from the store, this mod doesn't put them there. This only edits the way it works in the moodlets.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Inventor
THANKS POST
#68 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 12:12 AM Last edited by ScorpioMaurus : 4th Nov 2010 at 1:33 AM.
Thanks so much I don't know why but I just love the Twizy. I'd never drive it in real life but it seems so appropriate for the sims. I have both cars so I'll test it out later, Thank you!

I just downloaded these the other day and found that neither one worked no matter what I did in game, Well today I had to clean my caches because another item crashed my game and now that I've cleaned all the caches it's working and I didn't have to sell and rebuy the Twizy. So for anyone having trouble you might want to try that.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#69 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 4:46 PM
Just tested and works beautifully in LN.
Instructor
Original Poster
#70 Old 8th Nov 2010 at 1:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ScorpioMaurus
I just downloaded these the other day and found that neither one worked no matter what I did in game, Well today I had to clean my caches because another item crashed my game and now that I've cleaned all the caches it's working and I didn't have to sell and rebuy the Twizy. So for anyone having trouble you might want to try that.

Thanks for the tip !

@gothicwitch2004 Thanks for testing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#71 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 10:30 AM
Thanks so much fro this... I wanted this for so long. Going to test it later...
Test Subject
#72 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nukapei
Thanks so much! Just yesterday I tried to get my Eco-Friendly Sim to drive a Twizy and was shocked that she got the negative "Wasting Natural Resources" moodlet. I thought the whole point of the Twizy was that it ran off of electricity, not "natural resources". So instead of going back to a super-slow bike, I just used testingcheats to remove the Eco-Friendly trait. Now I can put it back on, yay!

EXACTLY!!! ... EA is really strange sometimes
I'm happy because now our eco-friendly sim can drive the Renault Twizy and the Toyota Prius

Sims MX
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#73 Old 14th Nov 2010 at 9:16 PM
When I found this I was more than happy, but then I realized that it is for Sims 3 D:, I will buy that game and I will get this
Test Subject
#74 Old 4th Dec 2010 at 10:07 PM
This mod would be great for bikes only, since the "Twizy" actually does use natural resources. Where do you think we get our electricity from? Mostly from coal (a natural resource), which is really polluting and harmful to the environment and most species on earth. The one good thing about driving electric cars is that while you're driving you're not polluting the air like fossil fueled cars do, but the harm done to the environment and life on earth through coal "mining" is greater than oil & gas.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#75 Old 6th Dec 2010 at 8:00 PM
thanks so much! now my sims can get around town faster while still saving the environment!!
Page 3 of 7