Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Feb 2007 at 2:44 AM
Default Eleanor Rigby
This was my very first simvie. (Sim + movie... did I just make up a new word? Yay for me). Now keep in mind two things... I didn't have nightlife at the time, so you have thought bubbles and boolprops to contend with. Also, it cuts off at the end. But uh... try to enjoy! And if you have a YouTube account, make sure you comment there too! Thanks!

~ chekur
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 13th Feb 2007 at 3:02 AM
I really like it. It's simple but has its effect.
Moreover, i love this song! If you like it too (it seems obvious but *humm...), you should try to find Tété's version of it, it's absolutely beautiful.
Anyway, this "simvie" like you say is a very good beginning!

ONLY LOVE IS REVOLUTIONARY
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Feb 2007 at 3:03 AM
I just watched it... I saw the topic title and almost panicked! But hers is simply amazing, puts mine to shame!
Test Subject
#4 Old 13th Feb 2007 at 7:03 AM
This video is... incomplete...

Even without Nightlife/OFB/whatever, you could have taken care of the plumbbobs. Using the boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true cheat, you could have shift-clicked on the plumbbob and chosen "force error".

Props on using black and white. I'd suggest making better use of transitions, though. The lack of them was particularly evident in the "Father McKenzie/Writing the words to a sermon no one will hear" scene.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Feb 2007 at 1:11 PM
Incomplete? How? I had really only meant this to be a very brief video.

And my awareness was that the boolProp deletion didn't work unless you had nightlife. I could have been wrong, however.

And I wasn't doing any smooth transitions for this song on purpose. It felt to me like a choppy, almost blunt sort of song, what with the sharp, almost staccato movements of the violins.

Thank you for the feedback!
Test Subject
#6 Old 13th Feb 2007 at 10:50 PM
I mean it's incomplete because the song doesn't play all the way through.
#7 Old 14th Feb 2007 at 6:52 PM
I love this video and the song.