Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 8:25 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time
Default Weird software gore/pixel noise glitch (The Sims 2)
Hello, I recently installed The Sims 2 Holiday edition (Original CD/discs) onto my computer. I have expansions I want to install but I haven't get because I want to get the issues resolved first with just the base game. The game starts up fine and gameplay runs smoothly. But whenever I am playing the game there will be visual noise on the screen. I tried using https://docs.google.com/document/d/...6qfaI6rOs/edit# and I've messed around with graphics rule maker. I am using Windows 10 and have a an AMD Radeon RX 580 Series graphics card. If you need more information I will provide it, thank you. [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 3:38 AM
Please remove dxvk and any files associated with it from your TSBin folder, then run Graphics Rules Maker. Newer versions of dxvk cause that, so do not use it unless it's absolutely necessary.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 6:12 AM
It's very likely that your game is not seeing or using your Radeon card.

Take a look in the Sims 2 >Logs folder for a file called config-log. It will list in there if it's using your card.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~