Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Oct 2022 at 6:28 AM Last edited by CorvidSol : 9th Oct 2022 at 7:23 AM.
Default How can I fix missing pixels on wallpaper?
Hi MTS,

I'm making wallpaper sets that fit seamlessly together to form a single image and I'm struggling with gaps appearing where the wall panels meet (see image). I've made over a dozen wall sets and only two of the sets show these gaps between the panels. I've confirmed that the dimensions of the multiplier, rgb mask, specular and bump map are all 256 x 512 for each wall panel. If I'm working with a 768 x 512 image (for example) I'll input the pixels I want to select to break the image into three 256 x 512 panels, so I'm not freehand selecting and omitting pixels. I have remade the wall ad nauseum, and have tried cloning different starting files. I have also confirmed there is nothing in the original image that would be causing this gap. This makes no sense to me.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem? How did you fix it?

Thank you
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 16th Oct 2022 at 7:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CorvidSol
Hi MTS,

I'm making wallpaper sets that fit seamlessly together to form a single image and I'm struggling with gaps appearing where the wall panels meet (see image). I've made over a dozen wall sets and only two of the sets show these gaps between the panels. I've confirmed that the dimensions of the multiplier, rgb mask, specular and bump map are all 256 x 512 for each wall panel. If I'm working with a 768 x 512 image (for example) I'll input the pixels I want to select to break the image into three 256 x 512 panels, so I'm not freehand selecting and omitting pixels. I have remade the wall ad nauseum, and have tried cloning different starting files. I have also confirmed there is nothing in the original image that would be causing this gap. This makes no sense to me.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem? How did you fix it?

Thank you

Currently struggling with something similar (although it's a join between lower- and upper-floor wallpapers). I've been copying a row of pixels across to the opposite edge, since they wrap around in-game, and also editing mipmaps, since they're mostly what you see while playing, but certainly couldn't be said to have solved it yet.

There's a discussion of this kind of issue on the Sims 4 forum: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=539060 but I'm not sure how many of the ideas are applicable to Sims 3.