Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fix: Guitar needs less Space for playing

by OhRudi Posted 6th Oct 2022 at 1:07 PM - Updated 11th Oct 2022 at 10:16 PM by OhRudi

31 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 19 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 24th May 2023 at 10:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CMaxi
Hi, great mod. Thanks.
Is it possible to something similar for pillow fighting?

Hey @CMaxi,
yes it's possible and shouldn't be that big of a job. This mod just chance one resource: the jig of the play guitar action. The jig is an invisible object that's placed beneath your Sims to reserve some free space. You can adjust the size of that jig with S3PE quite esaly (open file with S3PE > right click on FTPT resource > Footsie > edit the sizes).
You can repeat that process for any jig in the game, including that for the pillow fight.
To find a jig, you can use S3OC to search for Objects (open S3OC > Tools > Search > type in: jig > clone what you need and edit the package)

I might some more jig edits myself, but now you have the quite easy way to produce some jig edits yourself
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 3rd Jun 2023 at 5:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OhRudi
@FreakyRufus Hey, I just saw your reply: Did the same thing happen when you deinstalled the mod? Did you try to install the mod in the overrides-folder (this way you can assure it won't get overwriten by something else)? Did you try to delete the cache files? Are there maybe things in the room that are blocking the free available space, maybe just slightly?
The problem could be some stuck invisible jigs that block the free space, so sims won't go there to play guitar. Read this short guide for help in this case: https://www.nraas.net/community/Invisible-Sims

Hope that helps, otherwise you're welcome to reply again. We'll maybe find a solution

Yes, it was some invisible jigs. Apparently, if a dog is chewing on a toy it can somehow be interrupted but not clean up the jig. None of the tricks that I found online for finding the jigs would actually show them, but I was able to just sort of guess at the correct one using NRaas MC to list all items on the lot and choose some to delete, and that seemed to clear stuff up.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#28 Old 27th Jun 2023 at 2:49 AM
This and the bass one are amazing. Is there anyway you could minimize the size of the fishing jig so it won't require so much space from a houseboat?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 27th Jun 2023 at 11:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ashmo
This and the bass one are amazing. Is there anyway you could minimize the size of the fishing jig so it won't require so much space from a houseboat?

Shouldn't be that hard to achieve: I created a short "how to" for creating a jig-edit just 2 posts above this one
Scholar
THANKS POST
#30 Old 23rd Jul 2023 at 2:11 AM
Thanks, no more walking outside to play the guitar!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 10th Apr 2024 at 9:35 PM
Christ on a bike, thank you! My house isn't even that cluttered with plenty open space, yet they still hurry out the door into the snow in their underwear to learn guitar. Now my sims stand in their kitchen playing guitar instead of freezing to death. Thanks a bunch!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#32 Old 10th Apr 2024 at 10:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimByHeart
Christ on a bike, thank you! My house isn't even that cluttered with plenty open space, yet they still hurry out the door into the snow in their underwear to learn guitar. Now my sims stand in their kitchen playing guitar instead of freezing to death. Thanks a bunch!

Exactly the problem I had before
If you liked this one, than you'll really like my other mods, that do the same, but on a bigger scale
Sims need less Space
Pets need less Space
Page 2 of 2