Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Job options mod set

by Lamare Posted 18th Jan 2018 at 7:41 PM - Updated 15th Apr 2024 at 6:25 PM by Lamare

101 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 74 Feedback Posts, 26 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
just a girl
Original Poster
#26 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 11:45 AM
Thank you all for your comments! and hey gummi

@zeroboys008, now to answer your question.
Quote: Originally posted by zeroboys008
Thanks so much for this awesome mod! I was wondering if the "want a job" want for uni students would show up for all playable YA's or for those with certain aspirations? Thanks!

I can't say for sure. The rule of thumb is if the want is available to adults - it will be available to young adults, as I removed restriction for them. Aspirations and other prerequisites remained the same. For all I know, most of work related wants may pop up for every aspiration, although fortune sims tend to have more of them.
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 10:53 AM
@Lamare In addition to the Student's job panel revealer and this mod, would it be at all possible so that adult sims can have 2 jobs. A part-time (teen) job with something similar to the Student's job panel revealer (but then called Second job panel revealer) and their full-time (adult job) like normal?
That is just the one thing missing when it's about careers (at least so far as I can think of now).

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
just a girl
Original Poster
#28 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 11:50 AM
@lientebollemeis, no, by design, sims can have one job at a time (I think). Schools and majors fill in their own niches in sims' data. I mean, we can somehow simulate second job, but it won't be like two careers at once.
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 9:15 PM
I'm working on a part-time career for adults (thanks to this mod).
When a teen has a career and doesn't go to college the teen career can upgrade to an adult career.
Is that possible for an adult too? When the adult reaches level 3 will there be a possibility to upgrade to an adult (with 10 levels) career?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
just a girl
Original Poster
#30 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
I'm working on a part-time career for adults (thanks to this mod).
When a teen has a career and doesn't go to college the teen career can upgrade to an adult career.
Is that possible for an adult too? When the adult reaches level 3 will there be a possibility to upgrade to an adult (with 10 levels) career?

Yes, it's possible. All that's needed is to make an interaction and find a place to stick it. I was actually thinking about that and considering my job panel revealer object. But I haven't decided yet.
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 5:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
Yes, it's possible. All that's needed is to make an interaction and find a place to stick it. I was actually thinking about that and considering my job panel revealer object. But I haven't decided yet.

Oh that would be great. I already have some ideas for careers then. It would be awesome if the sim could choose which career to upgrade to.
And if possible maybe downgrade too?

just a girl
Original Poster
#32 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 12:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
Oh that would be great. I already have some ideas for careers then. It would be awesome if the sim could choose which career to upgrade to.
And if possible maybe downgrade too?

Upgrading procedure is a part of career package - whatever other career is linked to it would be the one to upgrade to. The level is determined inside that procedure as well. That's how it normally works with maxis careers. Surely one can create new procedures, with downgrading and anything, but it would have to be one for each career, and many custom careers would be left out.
You got me thinking. Does career creating process usually include editing this upgrading BHAV? Do people specify for their new part time careers what full time career they want it to be linked to?
Mad Poster
#33 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 10:58 AM
I find this useful for adults to take a partime job while searching for that perfect full time one or building up skills in a subsidized aprtment to start out as I've built that myself.
Test Subject
#34 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 2:02 PM
Will Ask Before Promotion work with custom careers?
just a girl
Original Poster
#35 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by diamondnell
Will Ask Before Promotion work with custom careers?

Yes.
At least with conventional custom careers that act the same as regular careers.
Test Subject
#36 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 6:32 AM
Hi, quick question: I use InTeen, because I love the feature where teens become semi-adults halfway through their teen stage and no longer go to school, and get adult jobs, so I don't want to lose that. Would it be possible to create an object that, if clicked on, give the full-time/part-time job search selection? Instead of having it override the newspaper/computer one?
just a girl
Original Poster
#37 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 8:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ari_
Hi, quick question: I use InTeen, because I love the feature where teens become semi-adults halfway through their teen stage and no longer go to school, and get adult jobs, so I don't want to lose that. Would it be possible to create an object that, if clicked on, give the full-time/part-time job search selection? Instead of having it override the newspaper/computer one?

I think so. Sounds something like simblender, insim, or job notice board. Though, I don't recall if they already have such options.
Test Subject
#38 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 4:17 PM
I think so. Sounds something like simblender, insim, or job notice board. Though, I don't recall if they already have such options.

I was distracted for a bit, but I just now checked: blender and job notice board and insim only offer adult jobs to adults, there is no way to switch, so no.
just a girl
Original Poster
#39 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 4:51 PM
It appears that paper's debug interaction test doesn't conflict with InTeen. I could package that BHAV separately for you. That is, if you're comfortable with using testing cheats and shift-clicking on newspaper to get part-time job for adults.
Test Subject
#40 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 12:27 PM
It appears that paper's debug interaction test doesn't conflict with InTeen. I could package that BHAV separately for you. That is, if you're comfortable with using testing cheats and shift-clicking on newspaper to get part-time job for adults.

that would be great - I have no problem with testing cheats.
just a girl
Original Poster
#41 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 6:58 PM
Default Update
Added Cheat-only version for Choose-career-type mod. It only includes debug mode interaction (when you shift-click on a newspaper to get any job).

This is for @ari_ and anyone else who can't or won't use the full version due to mod conflict or whatever.
Test Subject
#42 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 9:21 PM
Thank you! *throws it into the mod folder*
Mad Poster
#43 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 7:40 AM
I have a question: Would it be a difficult matter to enable the choose-career-type for teens as well? My Sims graduate high school halfway through their teen years and it'd be nice to not have to age them up and then back down to give them a full-time job.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
just a girl
Original Poster
#44 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 7:00 AM Last edited by Lamare : 28th Jul 2018 at 7:10 AM.
@Bulbizarre, not difficult at all

Added choose-career-type+teens version. In this version, you can choose any career type for any sim, including sims.
Also, updated CheatOnly version to allow teens adult jobs.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#45 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 11:28 PM
Wow. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 10:55 PM
I've been wanting a mod like this for yearssss. Thankyou soooo much :)
Test Subject
#47 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 7:28 PM
I noticed that with the jobs-for-all package, I can get my university pets a job with Maxis computers, but not Monique's computers. The 'Find a job for pet' interaction doesn't show up on Monique's. How can that get fixed?
just a girl
Original Poster
#48 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shickamru
I noticed that with the jobs-for-all package, I can get my university pets a job with Maxis computers, but not Monique's computers. The 'Find a job for pet' interaction doesn't show up on Monique's. How can that get fixed?

Hey @Shickamru
It may be fixed by updating the Monique's computer itself.
If you link me to the exact one you use, I may be able to fix it for you.
Test Subject
#49 Old 1st Sep 2018 at 3:35 AM
I'm using the one updated by Chaavik and hosted on Insimenator ( http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,93501.0.html ). Thank you for offering to fix it!
just a girl
Original Poster
#50 Old 1st Sep 2018 at 11:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shickamru
I'm using the one updated by Chaavik and hosted on Insimenator ( http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,93501.0.html ). Thank you for offering to fix it!

Sent you a PM.
Page 2 of 5