Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#651 Old 8th Aug 2022 at 3:35 AM
A mod that would add the "work on engine" and "wax car" interactions from the completed Fix it Up Car from the Store to all the cars in game

The Mayflies Legacy- a Random Legacy Story
Advertisement
Test Subject
#652 Old 11th Aug 2022 at 4:50 AM
I have a few ideas and some might already exist but I can't find them.
I want my sims driving lessons to stop being cancelled at curfew. They were with an adult. It still randomly happens with curfews disabled for me. Then my sims are put across town from each other stuck on the side of the road. Moodlets and stats maxed.

Sometimes I want to drop off my toddlers at the school and have them learn walking, talking and so on because a single working parent doesn't have time to do squat.

I want to make functional schools an work places that allow me to interact with my sims not use rabbit holes that take them away from me.

I want to build hotels and resorts that get used without having to place a building. Just give me the desk and let me build the rest. No rabbit holes.

Sorry if this is too long. These are just a few ideas.
Top Secret Researcher
#653 Old 11th Aug 2022 at 7:05 PM Last edited by 310175 : 11th Aug 2022 at 7:29 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by furiasweetie
I have a few ideas and some might already exist but I can't find them.
I want my sims driving lessons to stop being cancelled at curfew. They were with an adult. It still randomly happens with curfews disabled for me. Then my sims are put across town from each other stuck on the side of the road. Moodlets and stats maxed.

Sometimes I want to drop off my toddlers at the school and have them learn walking, talking and so on because a single working parent doesn't have time to do squat.

I want to make functional schools an work places that allow me to interact with my sims not use rabbit holes that take them away from me.

I want to build hotels and resorts that get used without having to place a building. Just give me the desk and let me build the rest. No rabbit holes.

Sorry if this is too long. These are just a few ideas.

Curfew:
I'm not sure if this works for driving but curfew can be disabled. Check this thread out.
https://www.nraas.net/community/sto...sion/topic5536/

There are mods but they may be outdated.
https://modthesims.info/downloads.p...ort=0&fbf=0&u=0

Drop off toddlers for them to learn skills.
How about a daycare with the toddler playpen?

Functional schools and careers:
That would be the Ultimate Career mod. https://modthesims.info/d/657354/ze...d-29-05-22.html

Build resorts (and anything really) without the actual rabbithole
That's what the rabbit hole rugs are for.
The linked ones in this thread seem to be ok with creidt given (somewhat).
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/di...rabbithole-rugs
https://modthesims.info/d/568404/va...t-hole-rug.html
Or doors that can be customized:
https://modthesims.info/d/549846/cu...hole-doors.html
Test Subject
#654 Old 11th Aug 2022 at 8:48 PM
Default Thanks
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
Curfew:
I'm not sure if this works for driving but curfew can be disabled. Check this thread out.
https://www.nraas.net/community/sto...sion/topic5536/

There are mods but they may be outdated.
https://modthesims.info/downloads.p...ort=0&fbf=0&u=0

I have all the nraas mods I could get from the old site before it closed. I've also tried the curfew mod. Currently using nraas.
Maybe the smartphone is causing an issue. I've noticed my teens suddenly taking selfies or watching cat vids when they're supposed to be driving.
I think I found a fix last night but I'm not sure how to share the link. It's a driving lessons mod by missyhissy found in the careers category.
Mad Poster
#655 Old 11th Aug 2022 at 8:53 PM
I have all the nraas mods I could get from the old site before it closed.

You are aware that we are the same people running the new site and that we haven't actually closed up shop?
Test Subject
#656 Old 11th Aug 2022 at 9:31 PM
Default Daycare and functional schools/careers
[QUOTE=310175]
Drop off toddlers for them to learn skills.
How about a daycare with the toddler playpen?

Functional schools and careers:
That would be the Ultimate Career mod.
/QUOTE]
I've got the playpen and plenty of other stuff to make a daycare but the daycare sim runs around like they don't have a job unless they're my active household.
Is there a good mod to fix this?

I just downloaded the ultimate career mod. Thank you. I'm going to try it once I get all my mods resorted and fix my too many good mods problem.
Test Subject
#657 Old 11th Aug 2022 at 10:15 PM
Default Got rugs & doors
Build resorts (and anything really) without the actual rabbithole
That's what the rabbit hole rugs are for.
The linked ones in this thread seem to be ok with creidt given (somewhat).
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/di...rabbithole-rugs
https://modthesims.info/d/568404/va...t-hole-rug.html
Or doors that can be customized:
https://modthesims.info/d/549846/cu...hole-doors.html

Got both but haven't tested them yet. Aside from trying to resort so many mods I'm a bit unsure. Seen a vid that showed sim just standing frozen on rug until time to leave.
Do the doors work differently.
I'm a control freak when it comes to my sims. I'm trying to have my worlds as open and immersive as possible. Go through door and still have complete control like at home or a park.
Top Secret Researcher
#658 Old 11th Aug 2022 at 11:23 PM
Got both but haven't tested them yet. Aside from trying to resort so many mods I'm a bit unsure. Seen a vid that showed sim just standing frozen on rug until time to leave.
Do the doors work differently.
I'm a control freak when it comes to my sims. I'm trying to have my worlds as open and immersive as possible. Go through door and still have complete control like at home or a park.

This is what the Ultimate Career mod is for.

Rugs and doors, work like a rabbithole and sims disappear when they walk through/ on top of it.
People have used them since the beginning. I can't remember when they first ones came out. Many Custom Worlds use them too. they've been tried and tested for many years by many players and builders.

You can build resorts with sims checking into actual rooms.
Test Subject
#659 Old 12th Aug 2022 at 12:51 AM
Default Yes
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
You are aware that we are the same people running the new site and that we haven't actually closed up shop?

I'm aware and sorry if my wording gave the wrong impression. I'm not used to online socializing. Usually just keep my thoughts to myself.

I was trying to avoid a lengthy response too.
Test Subject
#660 Old 13th Aug 2022 at 1:21 AM
Default Ok
This is what the Ultimate Career mod is for.

Rugs and doors, work like a rabbithole and sims disappear when they walk through/ on top of it.
People have used them since the beginning. I can't remember when they first ones came out. Many Custom Worlds use them too. they've been tried and tested for many years by many players and builders.

You can build resorts with sims checking into actual rooms.

Thank you for the info.
Test Subject
#661 Old 13th Aug 2022 at 1:37 AM
Default I agree
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
Power outage mod when there are heavy snow or rain storms. Staying along those lines, even though I have no love for TS4, I think sims in TS3 should have to deal with no power when they don't pay their bills too. Somehow the repo man showing up and taking a lamp doesn't strike me as much of a consequence.

I can imagine my sim being like my neighborhood when power goes out in the summer. Several hrs later & over 100 temp when the power comes back. Everyone shouts Power and celebrate
Lab Assistant
#662 Old 13th Aug 2022 at 8:12 PM
Seriously I've a random thought while I'm playing right now. If there's a mod that make "Traffic Jam" in the game, what would it be like?

Like your Sims isn't struggle with their life enough, you get brand new struggle; traffic jam! No more car passing through another car like thin air, they have to deal with another car on the road. This must be really chaotic in rush hour with some slower cars mod (There's several mods here). It would be even more chaotic if your Sims live in a big city with a lot of people going to work at the same time on the same road. Someone in Bwan getting stuck on the road because of Sloppy Jalopy in front of them, and you can't overtake it because there's a car on another lane!

More and more, hot-headed Sims would honk like ten times then a balloon pop-up over their head with angry shouting something in Simlish that could be censored in English. Mean-spirited Sims may worse since they could tailgate the Jalopy. Don't talk about evil Sims if they love some chaotic on the road, while coward Sim is actually the one who's driving that Sloppy Jalopy. He drives too carefully and slower than other Sims.

I know it's hardcoded and almosttt impossible to make it, but just an idea since it's a thread about the mod that I wish it's exist.

Oh another one, I wish there's a mod that tuning an earthquake to happen anytime without being a firefighter. One more disaster and let those heroes help us while we're the one who stuck in a building would be fun.

♒ Aquarius Sun, ♈ Aries Moon, ♈ Aries Rising

Sorry for my English :)
Test Subject
#663 Old 14th Aug 2022 at 4:33 PM
I was wondering if it's possible to make a mod where not only can you change lifetime wishes immediately after completing them (which I know already exists), but Sims who already have lifetime wishes will still recieve ltw's in their wish slots? It'd be cool if new traits/hobbies etc can change the tragectory of their lives in that way, and not many people I know irl have the same ambitions they had when they were a young teenager, for example.
Forum Resident
#664 Old 14th Aug 2022 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlademasterX2
Seriously I've a random thought while I'm playing right now. If there's a mod that make "Traffic Jam" in the game, what would it be like?

Like your Sims isn't struggle with their life enough, you get brand new struggle; traffic jam! No more car passing through another car like thin air, they have to deal with another car on the road. This must be really chaotic in rush hour with some slower cars mod (There's several mods here). It would be even more chaotic if your Sims live in a big city with a lot of people going to work at the same time on the same road. Someone in Bwan getting stuck on the road because of Sloppy Jalopy in front of them, and you can't overtake it because there's a car on another lane!

More and more, hot-headed Sims would honk like ten times then a balloon pop-up over their head with angry shouting something in Simlish that could be censored in English. Mean-spirited Sims may worse since they could tailgate the Jalopy. Don't talk about evil Sims if they love some chaotic on the road, while coward Sim is actually the one who's driving that Sloppy Jalopy. He drives too carefully and slower than other Sims.

I know it's hardcoded and almosttt impossible to make it, but just an idea since it's a thread about the mod that I wish it's exist.

Oh another one, I wish there's a mod that tuning an earthquake to happen anytime without being a firefighter. One more disaster and let those heroes help us while we're the one who stuck in a building would be fun.

Good idea ! Especially it is mentionned when a sim is late at work, why not making it real?

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Top Secret Researcher
#665 Old 14th Aug 2022 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bexthelamb
I was wondering if it's possible to make a mod where not only can you change lifetime wishes immediately after completing them (which I know already exists), but Sims who already have lifetime wishes will still recieve ltw's in their wish slots? It'd be cool if new traits/hobbies etc can change the tragectory of their lives in that way, and not many people I know irl have the same ambitions they had when they were a young teenager, for example.

I just change their LTW in NRAAS Mastercontroller when it seems their changes in hobbies, skills, or other events suggest that the original LTW is less appropriate for them. Or use the LTW reward to do that. Or testingcheatsenabled true.
Scholar
#666 Old 17th Aug 2022 at 3:02 AM
One of my long term pet peeves about TS3 is the number of activities child sims can't participate in, many of which are things it would perfectly reasonable for them to do in real life. Fortunately some of these have long since been fixed by modders. Big thanks to all of them.

But there is one thing that always struck me as absurd. The other day one of my child sims in Starlight Shores was at a loose end, and since there was a simfest just starting in Verde Park, I sent her along. Only when she got there did I remember that child sims can't watch or interact with the performers in any way. Why? It's not as if a few conjuring tricks and acrobatics could be described as 'Adult Entertainment'. I tried using Nraas Retuner to enable the performance stage and that works, if you don't mind seeing the kids stretch into weird looking beanpoles.

So I suggest a no stretch mod to enable kids to enjoy watching Showtime performances. Or heckle and throw well matured vegetable produce, depending upon the quality of the act and their own inclinations.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Forum Resident
#668 Old 17th Aug 2022 at 8:41 PM
There is a watch performer interaction for both children and toddlers, though basic animations as they watch but also talk. These animations come from hiring a performer for let's say a child's birthday party or whatever really. And they do gain fun from watching or so my Sims did. I'm not sure why these animations weren't also included for children and toddlers at Simfests. Then again, maybe The Sims Studio had thought of Simfests more like Coachella, Lollapalooza or perhaps whatever mature-themed music festival where children aren't likely to attend. Really, a player could get very creative with Simfests.

The Sims 3: Simmapalooza
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfRmjS1hzkg

Previous Game: Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition (100% riddles completed; now I know why I've always been fascinated with The Riddler, lol.)

Next Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition
Scholar
#669 Old 18th Aug 2022 at 1:27 AM Last edited by Elynda : 18th Aug 2022 at 1:51 AM.
@Deshong TIL That's the first time I've ever seen that.

(Also, that was a fun video. Very cleverly put together).

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Top Secret Researcher
#670 Old 25th Aug 2022 at 10:03 AM
A mod that allowed more control over which direction a roof faces.
Forum Resident
#671 Old 27th Aug 2022 at 1:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
A mod that allowed more control over which direction a roof faces.

That is the one thing TS4's build mode really has over TS3's imo, plus different sections of roofs. I know people like it more because it's easier to use, but objectively speaking there's very little that can't be done with TS3 too.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Forum Resident
#672 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 7:40 PM
Add the "Pet Shop" label in the "Edit the Town" ► "Community lot" ► "Choose a label for community lot" ► "Choose lot as..."
The pet shop from the store is labeled as Pet Shop but there is no option to choose an empty community lot as Pet shop.So we have to choose the label : allow visits/visitors.
I am sorry for the rubbish my game is not in English at all.

And an addition to the carreer of Nrass Carreer mod, allow us to assign the University carreers as blogger, street arts artists... there is no possibilities for. I play with the 1.67 patch of all Nrass Mod.
(but the rest of the mod is awesome I am not insulting or badmouthing I simply adore this mod)

Curvy walls, Curvy windows...we got the round roofs there is a nonsense to have them without the possibility to have the matching building tools. (and personally this kind of tool will sublime the spiral stairs)

Add custom foods and musics as preferences in CAS. I see a lot of new radio stations mods in the forum so it would be awesome if we can have more possibilities.

Having the possibility to choose what a sims can't stand/hate/don't like as colours, music , foods. Only the vegans can have this priviledge with food.

Possibility to take meds or alchemy for contagious moodlet sims and pets.

Potery wheel with better animations than in the nonsense of the sims 2 animations (for the haters I take pottery lessons for 2 years so I know what I say) with possibility to break and fail our sims creations (with moodlets)

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
Scholar
#673 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 8:58 PM
Lucie: "
Add custom foods and musics as preferences in CAS. I see a lot of new radio stations mods in the forum so it would be awesome if we can have more possibilities.

Having the possibility to choose what a sims can't stand/hate/don't like as colours, music , foods. Only the vegans can have this priviledge with food."

Just having the favorites have any consequences at all would be an improvement. It's almost not worth assigning them as is.
Forum Resident
#674 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer
Lucie: "

Having the possibility to choose what a sims can't stand/hate/don't like as colours, music , foods. Only the vegans can have this priviledge with food."

Just having the favorites have any consequences at all would be an improvement. It's almost not worth assigning them as is.

Good point @lucy kemnitzer .

Simply I love Variety in the game, but of course if any improvements is adding, I won't be spat on ^^
But first, let's go start slowly with modding, first, increasing the range of possibility , second, adding behaviour. Perhaps it won't be possible to change any CAS preferences at all.
If so, I just share ideas.

Forum Resident
#675 Old 4th Sep 2022 at 4:38 AM
I may have mentioned this earlier in this topic, but TS2 has a Split-Level Interior Foundation and a Diagonal Split-Level Interior Foundation. It would be extremely versatile to have something like this in TS3 to be able to create different kinds of stairs such as L and U shaped, have lower level rooms, etc without the use of cheats. Because for me personally, using CFE can be tricky to learn but not only that, I'm not fond of the after effects it causes like warped walls and not being able to use walls, floors, etc next to it. Having a TS3 version of a Split-Level Interior Foundation would be nice and if it were also at different heights and recolorable to create more varied looks. Though a shiftable stair landing platform would be nice too.

"Just the landing would be fine. I would love it if there were 3 heights: 1/4 wall height, 1/2 wall height (similar to the one Inge made) and 3/4 wall height. That would allow for a L or T shape stairs. " -Oolonglong (https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/di...o-wants-some/p2)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiKcJ3H8XDM

Previous Game: Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition (100% riddles completed; now I know why I've always been fascinated with The Riddler, lol.)

Next Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition
Page 27 of 35