Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Aug 2022 at 11:31 AM Last edited by Victor_tor : 3rd Aug 2022 at 11:42 AM.
Default How to remove shooting pixel in the lot corner?
Hello!

This bumping glitching pixel in the lot corner annoys me. It is on every single lot around the neighborhood, It desappears on the tab mode camera but still remains in build and buy mode for every new lot around the neighborhood.
How this can be romoved?
Regards. Vic
Screenshots

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Aug 2022 at 1:08 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 3rd Aug 2022 at 2:34 PM.
Don't think I've seen that happen on the NH screen, though it tends to be more of an issue with animated objects with morphs.

Could be an issue with a lot imposter, a neighborhood item placed close to the lots, or a LOD for an item you've got on most lots. Do you know where it starts out?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 3rd Aug 2022 at 1:10 PM
I only got that type of thing when my graphic card was dying.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Aug 2022 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Do you know where it starts out?

I know what you are talking about. But this is not caused by animated objects with vertex unassigned to bones.
That happens on empty lots. Other nighborhoods has no such issue.
The source is on the left and front corner of each lot. It strikes right diagonally to infinite which is very visible on some lots.
This neighborhood was copied with use of Moothilda's hood replacer. Could it be the cause?
Screenshots

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 3rd Aug 2022 at 2:36 PM
Do you have a picture of the broadest "butt" of the pointy face? That's usually the start of it. The pointiest bit/vertex is just where it eventually ends up.
Theorist
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Aug 2022 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Do you have a picture of the broadest "butt" of the pointy face? That's usually the start of it. The pointiest bit/vertex is just where it eventually ends up.

First picture is the most far camera position.

Theorist
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Aug 2022 at 8:26 PM
That seems to be an issue with AGS graphic rules because those pictures has been shooted in it.
Once I copied entire neighborhood to Electronic Arts folder, the glitch was gone.
I'd like to know how to copy graphic rules to AGS. These pixel is pushing my nerves!
Regards Vic

Mad Poster
#8 Old 7th Aug 2022 at 12:57 AM
I used to see that glitch on my older Winsows XP laptop the last time I tried loading the game on it and it was getting slow near the end and I would only see it if I forgot to switch my mode management to the right mode and tried loading my game in economy mode by mistake and I exit fast and start making the switches before reloading.I don't get anything like that if I remember to siwtch to gaming mode before loading my game and I've gone over the CC limit for build and buy mode objects more than once already which is only an issue in buy mode when I have to scoll a lot more than I'd like to.
Theorist
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Aug 2022 at 9:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
I used to see that glitch on my older Winsows XP laptop the last time I tried loading the game on it and it was getting slow near the end and I would only see it if I forgot to switch my mode management to the right mode and tried loading my game in economy mode by mistake and I exit fast and start making the switches before reloading.I don't get anything like that if I remember to siwtch to gaming mode before loading my game and I've gone over the CC limit for build and buy mode objects more than once already which is only an issue in buy mode when I have to scoll a lot more than I'd like to.

Try this mod. That helped me.

Mad Poster
#10 Old 7th Aug 2022 at 6:56 PM
I've had that in my game for quite a while and the problem was mostly on my older laptop though it happened once when I forgot to siwtch my mode manager software to gaming mode and left it in economy mode by mistake when loading my game and the main issue was the game loading too slowly and some mior graphics glitching though it went away when I quit and changed to gaming mode in my sofware before reloading the game.I rarely make that kind of mistake and haven't for a long time.I've had others think I'm using things like Reshade when I don't and I don't use those kinds of things even for TS3 which also had gaphics that looked like I used special utilities to enhance them.My current ten year old laptop has a dedicated graphics card and has been able to run TS3 with all expansions and heavily Modded at high graphics settings though I turned them down to keep save files smaller.I've had my game load slow when my hard drvie needs defagementing badly.
Theorist
Original Poster
#11 Old 18th Aug 2022 at 6:58 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 18th Aug 2022 at 7:09 PM.
Ok so I am back to say those mod did not help. And shooting pixel existed even after use lasydutchess' mod but not for all lots.

This issue was caused by lots on uneven levels.