Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jun 2021 at 5:02 PM
Default Possibly scripting related question, idea for a mod
Greetings

Following my debut in modding and having made about 50 characters in the game along with making some skins, I've recently found myself editing some of the stuff in the game related to the zombies from the supernatural expansion, mainly cause I've been wanting to make a world where an apocalypse takes place, but with video game characters (which is why I've been making the aforementioned 50 characters, still working on more).

I've been having a gripe with the look of the zombies though [primarily]. So when a sim turns into a zombie [or their state just changes to that following conditions], they lose their makeup and lip color. But their eyes still have pupils, since they basically don't change at all, and for photography's sake [since i like taking photos in the game where the zombies look all menacing and stuff], the eyes take from their "otherworldly" look. So I've wanted to find a way to make their eyes empty once they're zombies. Only way I've thought is make a default eye item that is devoid of features, then add the features as non-default or as makeup. But I'm unsure if that will work, so that's one thing I'd like more insight on.

Apart from that, I'd like to try and explore ways to maybe vary the way the zombies move or bite sims, basically add a couple animations to the game and make it so that zombie sims can change to one or the other per action they take to walk/bite a sim [since only biting sims on the right shoulder can get kind of repetitive]. This animations thing is far more ambitious, so I might not necessarily implement it, but for now I'd like some basic information as to how to script it, since the actual animating part I might not even have to do since I already have zombie animation mods for the sims 3 [but it's just poses you select].

I'm looking forward to any responses, thank you.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 28th Jun 2021 at 12:06 AM
That sounds very cool, I'd love a mod like that! I don't personally have much advice to offer - I've worked with interactions using custom animations, but only locomotion-related ones, which I don't think is that helpful for you - but Lyralei's tutorial here on writing jazz scripts and writing scripts to move through a jazz state machine is a good resource! And Lyralei's sewing machine mod and zoe22's washboard mod could also give you some examples of what to do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 8:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lizcandor
That sounds very cool, I'd love a mod like that! I don't personally have much advice to offer - I've worked with interactions using custom animations, but only locomotion-related ones, which I don't think is that helpful for you - but Lyralei's tutorial here on writing jazz scripts and writing scripts to move through a jazz state machine is a good resource! And Lyralei's sewing machine mod and zoe22's washboard mod could also give you some examples of what to do.

Update!

I did the eyes thing I was talking about. Turns out my initial idea was correct, I had to make a blank default eye replacement and then add the features of the eye as a non-default, but only as MAKEUP (not facial overlay), so a blush or eyeliner. And that cause when the sims turn into a zombie state they lose their makeup.

There's a quick screencut I took for demonstration. (the lips and eyebrows looking white is a bug cause i applied this modification on a sim I had made before applying, it should be fine with future sims)
Screenshots