Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Traditional Piano

by armiel Posted 3rd Nov 2011 at 3:44 PM - Updated 4th Nov 2011 at 12:47 PM by armiel

195 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 36 Feedback Posts, 158 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 8
Scholar
THANKS POST
#51 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 6:23 AM
Absolutely fantastic! This will be so useful. Thank you very much!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#52 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 6:41 AM
omg Thank you thank you thank you!! Why EA did not include something like this.... UGH! Thank you again!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#53 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 10:07 AM
I tried, and I can't use it... Every time I put the piano to the game, game crashes. And when I save the game with the piano and it has objects on it, objects are gone when I load up. Pitty...
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#54 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 10:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by anie_1981
I tried, and I can't use it... Every time I put the piano to the game, game crashes. And when I save the game with the piano and it has objects on it, objects are gone when I load up. Pitty...

First, I'm a little curious on how you can place objects on the piano, if it crashes your game (if the piano is the reason for crashes, the game crashes the second you try to place one).

Second, what is you patch level? Base game and latest EP.

Third, when exactly does this crashing happen, and what are you doing in game at that time?

Four, have you put objects that are not live dragable on top of the piano and then tried to drag it to the backpack/inventory? That *could* cause a crash.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#55 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 10:43 AM
First of all, when I put the piano to the game, It's OK, I put objects on it in buy mode, not in Live mode. I don't have additional mod for putting piano to the backpack, it looks to heavy... Then I go back to the live mode, and turn off the pause, and a minute later game is shutting down itself. If I manage to save the game before the game crashes, It crashes when I load up. It may be caused by fact, that I have two others CC Pianos in the game. Maybe they conflict of something.

One more thing, I compress packages into one file, using s3pe. Game works faster then. Maybe this piano doesn't like it...

I still have game crashes, but after half an hour, not two minutes. I'm in panic, I have downloaded also some other cc. I know, you might say it's the problem with other cc, not the piano. But with the piano game crashes after 2-3 minutes, without, after 30 minutes. I think I will have to reinstall the game or something... I did those steps frome game help, exept the one with taking out all CC. Reason? I have a lot of CC. How am I to investigate which single object is causing the problem?

I have Pets so game version is 1.26.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#56 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 11:36 AM
Thanks, looks good and I'd not have a clue how to begin something like this!
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#57 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 11:36 AM
anie_1981 I have to say that I could not make my game crash with this piano, I left it running for about half an hour - the sims used the piano, and lived their life - the game did not agree to crash. My conclusion - this piano by itself does not cause crashes. Maybe it does conflict with those other piano mods you have, or maybe it doesn't like being compressed to a joint file.

The problem with the slots however exists. They were acting a little weird since the moment I made them - the issue with stuff being left behind. But it did not occur to me that the stuff goes invisible after saving. I have no idea why, but I am investigating this.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#58 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 11:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by armiel
I did the "not be able to put in inventory" by purpose, I thought it would be silly, cause is quite heavy thing anyways

But I'll see if I'll make an optional mod to go with this, so people who WANT to be able to put it in inventory, can.
[...]
Done!

Thank you but... Ahem... It was a joke... Sorry.. I shouln't try being funny when it's not (in ?) my native language...
Sorry again...
Instructor
THANKS POST
#59 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 12:20 PM
armiel, thank's anyway My game still crashes, but I was able to play for about 40 minutes... I've really forgotten how anoying is saving the game every 5 minutes to avoid loosing data.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#60 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 12:37 PM
This is just what I was looking for armiel. You did a very nice job. Thanks. <3
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#61 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 12:48 PM
I have now fixed the slots! They are no longer left behind and the stuff placed on them will be there after saving and reloading. Please redownload the files if you got them before this comment! Sorry for inconvenience!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#62 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 1:02 PM
Finns are the best <3
Thanks Armiel !
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#63 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 2:46 PM
I've already got one piano, but this one is soooo much more detailed, gorgeous! Thanks a lot, it's most appreciated!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#64 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 2:51 PM
Thank you for finally making an upright piano. Can't understand why EA didn't put one in the game like there was in TS2. Nice job! I will use it right away. Consider making a Victorian one with more scrolls and fancy bits for those old fashioned Sims that restored Grandma's piano! Thank you again. Your work is brilliant!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#65 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 5:25 PM
Just what I need for my sims. Good idea, good no great job!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#66 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 6:40 PM
Beautifully done! Thanks for your hard work! This must have been a brain-buster...
Forum Resident
#67 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 7:08 PM
I think the file broke. I tried redownloading the updated version and I got this message: "No input file specified."
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#68 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShortyBoo
I think the file broke. I tried redownloading the updated version and I got this message: "No input file specified."
the file downloads for me, no issues..
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#69 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 7:50 PM
Just download.
Thank you so much for making this. I didn't realise how much I missed this piano until i saw yours. Really well made and just awesome.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#70 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 8:43 PM
I have stabilized the game, so I will try this piano again, after all, I know what was the real problem in my game... I think this piano is one of the most wanted object from ts and ts2. I still miss also billiards... I doupt EA will ever give it to us...

EDIT:

DO I have to download also mod? Cause I don't need to move the piano to the backpack, it looks to heavy... :P
Mother Function
retired moderator THANKS POST
#71 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 11:47 PM
Very, very nice Mimi! :D
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#72 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 12:52 AM
Now THAT is a piano, bay-bee! Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 1:25 AM
This is so gorgeous, I've always hated the Concert Pianos because they were too... formal for a traditional styled home and they were bulky as hell. This is the perfect size to add for a quaint family/study room, thank you so much.
Captain Louie
retired moderator THANKS POST
#74 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 6:08 AM
I swear I commented! This is wonderful Armi! I swear there needs to be more cliches in the English language, for I am running out of words to describe your uploads
Instructor
THANKS POST
#75 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 7:00 AM
Thank you!! I have been wanting this since I got the basegame. I put in requests with EA for these and on some other sites. Most of the CC pianos were decorative only and the only functioning one I found was "donation".

I can't wait to try this out in my game. It's beautiful!

Thank you for persevering and taking the time to add slots and make it fit in the inventory. I think the Sim would need a Bag of Holding to carry it though, but it is awesome that you were sweet enough to make it possible.

If adding slots in Sims 3 is even half as difficult as adding slots in Sims 2 then extra props to you.

*hugs*
Thank you!
Page 3 of 8