Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jun 2021 at 4:39 PM Last edited by lizcandor : 24th Jun 2021 at 4:17 PM.
Default Testing asymmetrical relationships
Documentation in the spoiler! Mostly I'm just looking for confirmation that this mod can be activated and deactivated in other people's games, and feedback on any major weirdness that happens when relationships become asymmetrical. I fixed all the basic things I noticed - that's what the core mod part of this is for - but I'm sure there are other side effects I haven't discovered yet. @MissPat here is the thread, thanks for your testing assistance!

Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 20th Jun 2021 at 4:59 PM
Happy to test this! Will try and load it in my game this afternoon actually. Should report back soon.
Test Subject
#3 Old 21st Jun 2021 at 9:11 PM
Hi! I tested this out briefly and I was able to unlink and link relationships with no problem. I've always wanted something like this and it was so cool to see sims thinking differently of each other. I didn't play for very long, but I played in a heavily modded game and didn't see any issues, but I don't know if that will change if I play longer or not. I hope this was helpful!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Jun 2021 at 11:33 PM
Awesome, thanks for the help @lolly123453! That it doesn't break a game with a lot of other mods installed is definitely encouraging. What patch level are you on? From what little I know about core mods, I've been assuming it won't work with anything but 1.69, but I'd be very happy to be wrong.
Test Subject
#5 Old 21st Jun 2021 at 11:50 PM
I'm on patch 1.67
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 12:00 AM
Sweet, it works more widely than I thought then!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 7:13 PM Last edited by SonyaYU : 22nd Jun 2021 at 7:24 PM.
Woah, great job in getting this to work, putting this into my game asap!

What kind of issues should be expected without the core part?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 10:14 PM
Thanks! Changes if you de-core-mod it (I'll add this information to that spoiler too): 1) what interactions are available will depend on the target's opinion, not the actor's, 2) whether interactions succeed or fail will depend on the actor's opinion, not the target's, and 3) interactions will affect how much the actor likes the target, not how much the target likes the actor. Which to me was confusing to think about, but I guess you could try thinking of it as that the UI is showing you the other sim's opinion of the active sim instead of the active sim's opinion of the other sim.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 23rd Jun 2021 at 12:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lizcandor
Thanks! Changes if you de-core-mod it (I'll add this information to that spoiler too): 1) what interactions are available will depend on the target's opinion, not the actor's, 2) whether interactions succeed or fail will depend on the actor's opinion, not the target's, and 3) interactions will affect how much the actor likes the target, not how much the target likes the actor. Which to me was confusing to think about, but I guess you could try thinking of it as that the UI is showing you the other sim's opinion of the active sim instead of the active sim's opinion of the other sim.

Oh thanks, that's interesting.
Wonder if these could be done in a non-core way in the future.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Jun 2021 at 12:30 AM
Yeah, that would be a lot more convenient. The thing I've core modded for all of those features is the order of the Sim arguments passed to Relationship.Get by the relevant methods (FindMostSuitableRule, UpdateConversationAfterInteraction, GetAllInteractionsForPieMenu, and GetAllInteractionsForAutonomous) - I don't know what could be a non-core way to change that, or a good workaround for effectively editing those methods without *actually* editing them...but I'm sure there is one if we think about it long enough!
Forum Resident
#11 Old 23rd Jun 2021 at 12:33 AM
Apologize for the delay! I tested today and left you comments and screenshots on Discord. Overall everything is good to go from my testing! Thank you so much for making this mod happen, I know many simmers will be thrilled for this 2t3 relationship system porting mod.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 23rd Jun 2021 at 1:09 AM
Awesome, thanks! If there's nothing to fix, I'll put this in the queue then!
Forum Resident
#13 Old 23rd Jun 2021 at 1:24 AM