Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Lots of Lots - Mini residential lots

by MaryLou Posted 9th Oct 2006 at 6:32 PM - Updated 6th Jun 2009 at 12:58 AM by MaryLou

112 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 91 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Instructor
#51 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 4:47 PM
thanks for taking the time to do these

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. - L. Lavner
Top Secret Researcher
#52 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 3:20 AM
Thank you for this, it is a great idea
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 12:27 AM
owesome ... I so needed this
Test Subject
#54 Old 27th Aug 2007 at 11:44 PM
Ace. Thanks!
x
Forum Resident
#55 Old 29th Aug 2007 at 5:54 PM
This is perfect! Lots of tiny lots to fill up those miscellaneous gaps. Thanks so much. <3
Test Subject
#56 Old 2nd Oct 2007 at 4:06 PM
These are brilliant - perfect for my really poor negihbourhood
Test Subject
#57 Old 11th Oct 2007 at 10:06 AM
I've been looking for something like this for a long time. I wanted to do a trailer park for this city I'm making and it wasted such space using the longest, thinest horizontal lot available in the game. The vertical lots will be perfect! Thank you thank you thank you!
Test Subject
#58 Old 26th Oct 2007 at 12:03 AM
Amazing!
These need to be in the lot template bin though.

If you can get the package files in My Docs/EA Games/The Sims 2/Lot Catalog; you can put them in /Program Files/EA GAMES/The Sims 2/TSData/Res/LotTemplates.

Sorry for my poor English, I'm American
The ModFather
retired moderator
#59 Old 27th Oct 2007 at 1:11 AM Last edited by Numenor : 27th Oct 2007 at 1:19 AM.
What?? Is it SO simple? MaryLou and I, and other modders have tried hard to understand how to turn these lots into templates, to no avail...
*off to put the lots into LotTemplates*

EDIT: Mmmhhh... Well, it's NOT that simple, after all... It doesn't work.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 5:33 AM
Thank you very much for this, I've wanted this for a long time.

"Stirred sheep and whirreled peas don't mix. In order to mix these two things you would have to puree the sheep." -JoJo
Scholar
#61 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 12:01 AM
I love these lots and play them in my full game all the time. But, when I try to use them in Numenor's Any Game Starter they are not showing up at all. Any ideas?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#62 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 7:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cameranutz2
But, when I try to use them in Numenor's Any Game Starter they are not showing up at all. Any ideas?

A stupid question: How do you have installed them? Using both the CI or the Maxis' installer the relative files go into the Teleport folder inside the real full game; at the moment you have to move them manually, and put them inside the Teleport folder of your AnyGameStarter.

Anyway, can you tell me, please, the configuration about your AnyGameStarter? So I can try to reproduce exactly your.

If you like my creations, you may consider to make a little donation to support my site and my modding activity.
MaryLou's Sims 2 World - MaryLou Sims 2 Forum (Italiano)
Scholar
#63 Old 23rd Nov 2007 at 12:33 PM
I have two games in the AGS right now. Game 1 has UNI,NL game 2 has UNI, NL, SS, BV.

Looks like both Teleport folders are empty so I'll copy them over. Sorry to bother if this info was already posted but I didn't see anyone with the same question-maybe I just missed it. Thanks for your help!
Scholar
#64 Old 25th Nov 2007 at 6:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cameranutz2
I have two games in the AGS right now. Game 1 has UNI,NL game 2 has UNI, NL, SS, BV.

Looks like both Teleport folders are empty so I'll copy them over.

I ran CI again on both configurations-just to make sure-and it did not install the files to the Teleport folders in either.

So, I copied the files from the original Teleport folder to both of these game versions and they are now available.

Life is good now! Don't know what I'd do without my Mini Lots! :D

Thanks again, Marylou, for the support and awesome work!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#65 Old 25th Nov 2007 at 7:23 PM
Well, at the moment the only way to get the mini lots in BGS and AGS games is to move manually the files that CI created into the Teleport of the real full game.
But, I can tell you that soon it will be possible to install the lots directly in the Teleport of the BGS or AGS games, simply dragging and dropping them on their icons

If you like my creations, you may consider to make a little donation to support my site and my modding activity.
Test Subject
#66 Old 29th Nov 2007 at 12:58 AM
I was able to get a custom dorm into the dorm bin, but its probably a lot different for plank lots.

Sorry for my poor English, I'm American
The ModFather
retired moderator
#67 Old 29th Nov 2007 at 9:08 AM Last edited by Numenor : 29th Nov 2007 at 9:51 AM.
For anyone interested, the new version of the AnyGameStarter and BaseGameStarter now support the "Drag&Drop" installation for the lots: now, installing lots into the mini-games can't be easier

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#68 Old 16th Feb 2008 at 2:57 AM
Can these mini lots and your other community mini's be used as beach lots? If not is it possible for you to make a beach lot version of these too, or if someone has already done this could you point me in the right direction? Also, is it not possible to have a 1x6 vertical lot?
Looking forward to using these.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#69 Old 16th Feb 2008 at 6:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hhaah4
Can these mini lots and your other community mini's be used as beach lots?

No, they are not beach lots.

Quote:
If not is it possible for you to make a beach lot version of these too, or if someone has already done this could you point me in the right direction?

No, actually my tests don't work fine; I'm not sure that they could be fixed.

Quote:
Also, is it not possible to have a 1x6 vertical lot?

The 1x6 lot already exist: is the 1x5 plus 1 tile for the street.
What you mean is a 1x7 tile? This actually is not yet possible.
Look at the LotExpander, HERE, they are working to get largest lots.

Test Subject
#70 Old 16th Feb 2008 at 1:21 PM
OK thanks MaryLou. I didn't think about the street tile, saw that you had a 6x1 horizontal lot and wondered why there was no 6x1 matching vertical, but there is.
As for the beach lots - can't have everything!
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 17th Feb 2008 at 8:44 AM
Thanks for these! Can't believe I didn't see them before! Too bad about the beach lots, sometimes there is enough room to make a nice realistic beach but the lots just don't fit! The sizes you have here with your mini lots would've been perfect

"Too weird to live. Too rare to die" - Hunter S Thompson.
Test Subject
#72 Old 21st Feb 2008 at 9:47 PM
A question to MaryLou:

When I try to rename a lot from the Neighborhood screen, I can only type in at most 30 characters, but your lots have names longer than 30 characters. How were you able to do that? I poked around using SimPE and found someplace where I could enter what I thought was a lot name, & it took more than 30 characters, but in the Neighborhood screen, only the first 30 characters appeared. Hope you can help me.
And thanks for Lots, I use them ... well, a lot.
Test Subject
#73 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 7:54 PM
yeyyyy!!! I've been wanting a 1x1 lot since I installed the game!
Test Subject
#74 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 3:38 AM
Thank you for creating these lots!

The 1x2 vertical lot sims2pack keep giving me a message that it is broken. I've downloaded it about 4 times and everytime the same thing. If it is me, please let me know what I am doing wrong...if it is the file, could you fix it? I was really looking forward to that one in particular (my luck lately =)).

Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 10:23 AM
oh Mary Lou I love you! You have no idea how long I have been craving mini lots, and now I found them! These days in reality, block sizes are getting smaller and smaller (in suburban Australia anyway)
thankyou thankyou thankyou!!!

"Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever".
R.I.P Brandon Lee
Page 3 of 5