Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Park in the Car Park

by MogHughson Posted 9th Nov 2010 at 5:48 PM - Updated 7th Jun 2021 at 10:21 PM by HugeLunatic

166 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 69 Feedback Posts, 96 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 7
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#101 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 6:52 PM
THIS IS BRILLIANT!! Thank you I am going to try it out right a way!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#102 Old 21st Mar 2011 at 6:07 PM
Any updates on clash with Community Time Project? I reeeeeally want to use this mod but CTP is an "essential" for me
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#103 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 12:16 PM
can you make this in a zip file not rar because my computer does not accept RAR? reply as fast as you can. by the way nice mod. preety cool.
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#104 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 5:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by akash12
... my computer does not accept RAR
I used to be a zip only person until I tried WinRAR and now I'm a convert. It's easy to get - click on the auto link for the word rar in this text - easy to use, and integrates with your windows file explorer so much nicer than zip. I wholeheartedly recommend you go for it and get it installed.

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Instructor
THANKS POST
#105 Old 1st May 2011 at 9:35 PM
I would also be very happy for a version that plays nice with Community Time Project.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#106 Old 14th May 2011 at 6:54 AM
Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#107 Old 14th May 2011 at 10:41 AM
Has anyone tried using this with an apartment building? Did it work?
Sockpuppet
#108 Old 14th May 2011 at 5:37 PM
Yes, it works with apartment lot and residential lot too .
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#109 Old 23rd May 2011 at 11:03 PM
Thanks this is awesome
Test Subject
#110 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 7:55 AM
Love this mod, and it adds much more realism to my Community Lots. I also use the Decorative parking everywhere, WooHoo! Has worked perfectly since downloading these in Jan. 2011. Until I had a Sim family of three drive to a Pleasantville Comm Lot last night(7/ 1/ 11). Their car(Vovillia's 1965 VW Beetle) stranded them on the lot after parking in the driveway! The Sims exit the car after parking and walk away like normal. The car then disappears, and reappears driving on the Street for a second, then in the driveway, and disappearing repeats over and over! Tonight I tried a single Sim with the VW, same thing. I evicted/ moved the Sim back to same house, had him drive a Maxis NL car, happened again. I downloaded your NL and Beyond version/ latest Decor Parking, use Windows 7 PC, and don't have UNI or the CTP thing in my game. Sorry for the lengthy post, and would love some advice on fixing this bizarre thing with my Sims' vehicles/ parking. Thanks again for your cool mods and keep up the good work!
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#111 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 12:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JoshuaCSim
... The car then disappears, and reappears driving on the Street for a second, then in the driveway, and disappearing repeats over and over!...
This sounds like a 'jump bug'. Can you turn on boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true and get me the error log?

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Test Subject
#112 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 7:11 AM
I went into the game, and turned on that Boolprop cheat. I found the error log in C:/ User/ Documents/ EA/ Sims2DoubleDeluxe/ Log. The log is in Notepad. How do I link it to you? Please guide me through it. thanks.
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#113 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 9:18 PM
You should be able to attach it here, if you use "Go advanced" to edit your post you will see if you scroll down that there is a place to attach a file.

By the way, I see you are using Double Deluxe from your file path that you mentioned. Can I also double check that you have downloaded the correct version of the mod? The main text has specific instructions for DD.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing your error log.

Cheers
Mog

Test Subject
#114 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 4:59 AM Last edited by JoshuaCSim : 4th Sep 2011 at 4:41 AM. Reason: Updated info!
Hi, Mog. I can't for the life of me figure out how to attach this file! I tried the "Go Advanced", no can do. I'm just not as savvy as you wonderful MTS folks here

Hi. Sorry for the 2- month hiatus! Been very busy in the NON- SIM world. I finally figured out how to attach my error log file pertaining to the Jump Bug!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  ObjectError_N001_t46385.rar (7.8 KB, 9 downloads)
Sockpuppet
#115 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 7:32 PM
Below Reply to Thread section

Additional Options
-> Manage Attachments
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#116 Old 12th Aug 2011 at 2:16 AM
Thank you so much! This makes everything in my game a bit more realistic :P
Test Subject
#117 Old 21st Aug 2011 at 7:28 PM
when i parked and i get out of the car i get an error and when i press 'reset' my sim and car is gone but when i go to my house its back :o
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#118 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 2:28 AM
yay thank you, everytime the car was parked on the street, i was afarid of hitting innocent sims walking across the street
Test Subject
#119 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 10:08 AM
when i parked and i get out of the car i get an error and when i press 'reset' my sim and car is gone but when i go to my house its back :o
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#120 Old 21st Sep 2011 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Killya
Sounds like a jump bug - can you provide the error log as described in one of the earlier posts. Thanks

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#121 Old 22nd Sep 2011 at 3:50 PM
You are my savior I need these for my drama seris!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#122 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 3:53 AM
This brought a whole new realism to The Sims 2. I have millions of mods, and this just completed my collection. Thanks!
Test Subject
#123 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 1:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MogHughson
Sounds like a jump bug - can you provide the error log as described in one of the earlier posts. Thanks

i can only see how to attach zip,rar or 7zip or images :S
Test Subject
#124 Old 12th Oct 2011 at 12:34 PM
K i saw theother dude put it in a zip thing so ill do it also^^ i hope u can help me now cuz i like this idea^^
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ObjectError_E001_t245.txt.zip (14.9 KB, 22 downloads)
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#125 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 6:16 PM
JoshuaCSim and Killya,

Thank you both for attaching your error logs, and my apologies for taking so long to get back to you on this. I too have found that real life had got busy and was taking away from my Sims 2 time!

Both of you are suffering from an error called "Bad gosub tree number" - but don't worry about what that means. I have seen two different things that can solve these problems in my research:
  1. You are using the wrong version of the mod for the EPs you have - please double check, perhaps even post on here which version you are running and the EPs you have so I can also see?
  2. Deleting your cache files can also aparently help with this problem if you are not suffering from 1. Please read Game Help:Delete Cache Fileswiki for details on how to delete your cache files.

Cheers
Mog

Page 5 of 7