Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
Original Poster
#26 Old 23rd Nov 2022 at 4:42 AM
Seems like Sims 3 Steam sale on now: https://store.steampowered.com/search/?term=sims+3
Advertisement
Staff - Moderator
Original Poster
#27 Old 22nd Dec 2022 at 7:42 PM
Seems like Sims 3 Steam sale on now: https://store.steampowered.com/search/?term=sims+3
Inventor
#28 Old 23rd Dec 2022 at 2:09 AM
Sims 3 is on sale and Sims 4 is free. I wonder what that could mean.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 23rd Dec 2022 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pico22

That's easy. The correct price for a vendor to charge for something is that which the customer is willing to pay.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#30 Old 23rd Dec 2022 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
That's easy. The correct price for a vendor to charge for something is that which the customer is willing to pay.

Either that or EA's bank account has gone into infinite figures and so petty change no longer matters.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 23rd Dec 2022 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pico22

Absolutely nothing. Games go on sale/for free all the time.
Scholar
#32 Old 26th Dec 2022 at 12:33 AM
After all the dosh they've made out of us poor Sims 3 slobs over the years, I should think just a few TS3 freebies wouldn't do them much harm.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Inventor
#33 Old 26th Dec 2022 at 3:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
There is article somewhere where Andrew Wilson ( CEO of EA) explained why the TS4 base game went free. The base game stopped making money a long time ago, so they made it free. While yeah, the base game wasn't making them money, but... what he failed to mention is what they are hoping for which is people will jump on the $1,000.00- plus bandwagon for all of TS4's DLC. I haven't done the numbers in awhile, but I'm pretty sure that all DLC for TS4 if not purchased on sale is somewhere in the ballpark of $1500.00 at this point. Kits alone are almost $100.00 if person buys all of them.

If TS3 wasn't still in demand, they would have stopped selling it. As long as there is demand for it, they'll continue to sell it.

This is obviously the right answer: one thing I am sure about EA is that they will not give away anything that is worth anything. They must be kicking themselves for giving TS2 away, probably because it was complicated to run them on Windows 10; they run great on Windows 11, however, with a little help from Graphic Rules Maker, of course, but still. Well, serves them right.
Staff - Moderator
Original Poster
#34 Old 26th Jan 2023 at 3:35 AM
Seems like a Sims 3 Steam sale on now: https://store.steampowered.com/search/?term=sims+3
Page 2 of 2