Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2022 at 10:57 PM
Default Ability to extract Sims from household via SimPe?
Hi everyone! I want to know if somehow I can extract sims from household by SimPE they're some custom sims I made. I have a file of the Sims themselves and the house I built for them. But I don't want to upload the house just the Sims. Each sim seperately if you know what I mean. Sorry if this is confusing, I'm very new to SimPe! Any help is appreciated. Thank you! :D

mistah worldwide
Advertisement
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2022 at 11:27 PM
There is this guide that shows how to save a sim, so you can recreate them in the CAS. That's the furthest thing I know.

If you just want to move them out and move them in somewhere else, well I guess you can already do that within the game. Use 'Find Own Place' by clicking on a computer or a newspaper.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Apr 2022 at 2:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Eca
There is this guide that shows how to save a sim, so you can recreate them in the CAS. That's the furthest thing I know.

If you just want to move them out and move them in somewhere else, well I guess you can already do that within the game. Use 'Find Own Place' by clicking on a computer or a newspaper.

Thank you so much!!!

mistah worldwide
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Apr 2022 at 4:22 PM
Sim extraction tutorial with pictures: https://pixel-trade.livejournal.com/16091.html

(and a bit less misinformation/confusion, maybe. Just make sure to clone the sims in Bodyshop, remove the original extracted files before starting up your game, and you're good.)

Two good reasons to clone the sim in Bodyshop is that the original extracted sim has a lot of attached info that could cause problems if you try to pop that sim into any neighborhood as-is, but the clone doesn't have any of this. The second reason is that the original extract doesn't get any CC included if you try to package them, but the clone does.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Apr 2022 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Sim extraction tutorial with pictures: https://pixel-trade.livejournal.com/16091.html

(and a bit less misinformation/confusion, maybe. Just make sure to clone the sims in Bodyshop, remove the original extracted files before starting up your game, and you're good.)

Two good reasons to clone the sim in Bodyshop is that the original extracted sim has a lot of attached info that could cause problems if you try to pop that sim into any neighborhood as-is, but the clone doesn't have any of this. The second reason is that the original extract doesn't get any CC included if you try to package them, but the clone does.

Thank you so much!! :D

mistah worldwide