Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th May 2022 at 12:21 PM
Default How to unrepositore meshes?
The textures of the toys by Joesemsims are repo'd to the Maxis urn, but that leads to weird recolors. What steps should I take to un-repo them, since those meshes already have a relevant recolor TXMT included?
And an optional question: how to stop making them floating? (I assume OMSPs didn't exist yet in 2006)
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 30th May 2022 at 1:14 PM
You need to add a txmt, mmat, txtr and relink those resources. The txmt included is for the shadow. To move the location of the mesh you need to use Milkshape or Blender to adjust. Or more easily, create a new clone. However, those toys are from the toy bin, I am pretty sure they exist as playable toys without the bin. You may be better off using WCIF instead.
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jun 2022 at 5:47 PM
@HugeLunatic I already imported the TXMT, MMAT and TXTR to the original mesh file, but the mesh is still repo'd to the Maxis urn. What step am I missing? (see attached screenshots)

The objects are downsized AFAIK, hence I want to try to make them work better.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#4 Old 6th Jun 2022 at 7:03 PM
If they don't have any recolors attached, the easiest way is to just extract the mesh and texture, then clone a new object with whatever properties you want the objects to have, and change the mesh and recolor, then re-use the GUID from the original object (unless you want to use both objects, then you have to give it a new GUID).

Most likely the floating issues are from the mesh itself. If so, you'll have to move the mesh where you want it in a meshing program (for a middle centering - center it X/Z and make sure the lowest part of the object is close to or at 0 but not in the minus for the Y-coordinate).
Theorist
#5 Old 8th Jun 2022 at 12:19 PM
It would be easier to just adjust the height then repo them to the toybox, wouldn't it?

Change the GMDC Models Name to
toybox_woodpaint
Commit

Change the SHPE Subset Name to
toybox_woodpaint

and SHPE Materials Definition File to
toybox_woodpaint
Commit

Change the GMND tsDesignModeEnabled Items Name to
toybox_woodpaint

and tsMaterialsMeshName Name to
toybox_woodpaint
and String to
toyBox
Commit and Save

Start > Object Tools > Fix Integerity
Okay and Save

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#6 Old 8th Jun 2022 at 12:34 PM
Theorist
#7 Old 8th Jun 2022 at 1:12 PM
@HugeLunatic - Thanks for the advice, I didn't know that.

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep