Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Feb 2022 at 7:44 PM
Default SimPE won't let me clone fences
Ladies, gents, and assorted others, I beseech you once more for your advice. I'm trying to clone a fence, but for whatever reason, the clone option is actually greyed out in SimPE. It's been a while since I've done it, but it hasn't done this to me before, and I'm truly vexed.
Screenshots

Requests? Yes! See my journal entry for palette options! Shameless plugging of my Sim sites: (TS2) · TS4
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Feb 2022 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Pretty sure you need to check Advanced in Options to get fences (and other thing).

It is.

Hence the confusion.

EDIT: I don't mean to sound snappy, sorry!
Screenshots

Requests? Yes! See my journal entry for palette options! Shameless plugging of my Sim sites: (TS2) · TS4
Alchemist
#4 Old 15th Feb 2022 at 4:13 PM
What happens if you just press start? My guess is that cloning isn't really grayed out, it's just not providing a drop down menu, because the other usual option, "recolor" isn't available for fences.
Scholar
#5 Old 15th Feb 2022 at 8:04 PM
I believe you also need to check "reference original mesh".

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Feb 2022 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
What happens if you just press start? My guess is that cloning isn't really grayed out, it's just not providing a drop down menu, because the other usual option, "recolor" isn't available for fences.

Wow. Um. I feel a little dumb now. That was exactly it.