Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th May 2022 at 6:07 AM
Default modify Neighborhood
Hey Everyone, I want to find a program Neighborhood editor for sims 2 that I can add roads and water coast lines make my own mountains the way i want how can i do it or where can i find an editor to modify Neighborhood download for it ????
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th May 2022 at 1:36 PM Last edited by simsample : 15th May 2022 at 1:57 PM. Reason: Correct EP!
Hi, to create neighbourhood terrains and add roads, you need to use Sim City 4. If you make a terrain using that program, you can then use it to modify any existing neighbourhood using the Hood Replace program.
If you don't have Sim City 4, you could use the in-game neighbourhood terrain modification tools to make hills and valleys and coastlines (as long as you have Freetime), but you can't add or remove roads with that. You can use fake roads such as these instead.
You could also download a terrain that someone else has made, and modify your existing neighbourhood to use it with hood Replace.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th May 2022 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Hi, to create neighbourhood terrains and add roads, you need to use Sim City 4. If you make a terrain using that program, you can then use it to modify any existing neighbourhood using the Hood Replace program.
If you don't have Sim City 4, you could use the in-game neighbourhood terrain modification tools to make hills and valleys and coastlines (as long as you have M&G Stuff), but you can't add or remove roads with that. You can use fake roads such as these instead.
You could also download a terrain that someone else has made, and modify your existing neighbourhood to use it with hood Replace.

Hi simsample - I added the use fake roads and noticed I could not place a house on it was hoping i could do so how can i do this to make it work for the project i am working on ????
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 13th May 2022 at 10:27 PM
You can't add lots on fake roads; you need real roads for that.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th May 2022 at 2:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
You can't add lots on fake roads; you need real roads for that.
. . . that is why asked if there were a editor for it saw alot of sims 2 places that were designed so many ways and wanted to do one myself for something was working on !?
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 14th May 2022 at 9:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by romatice
. . . that is why asked if there were a editor for it saw alot of sims 2 places that were designed so many ways and wanted to do one myself for something was working on !?

As simsample said before you need simcity4 and hood replace for that.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 14th May 2022 at 1:21 PM
Yes, as @lientebollemeis says, you need SimCity 4 which is a seperate game. That's how the terrains in Sims 2 are created.
Theorist
#8 Old 15th May 2022 at 2:00 AM
You can't add roads, but you can modify the neighborhood terrain in game by using the cheat .. modifyneighborhoodterrain true

be careful and save when you did fix you want before makin another as there is NO undo
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 15th May 2022 at 12:24 PM Last edited by simsample : 15th May 2022 at 1:56 PM. Reason: Topp had the right EP!
^^Those are the terrain modification tools I mentioned in my first post; you need Freetime for those (or the UC).
Theorist
#10 Old 15th May 2022 at 1:14 PM
Actually, modifyNeighborhoodTerrain comes with Free Time.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 15th May 2022 at 1:56 PM
Thanks @topp , my memory failed me! I think I was thinking of the roof angle cheat.