Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jun 2022 at 10:14 AM
Default Veranka The Boardwalkk Outdoor Lighting recolors issue
I asked for recolors of the boardwalk outdoor lighting by Veranka and AlfredAskew did me some recolors at GOS:

GOS Wishing Well recolors

However they don't work properly. They show up in the catalog but when they are place it's the original texture and not the recolors. Does anybody have any ideas as to why this is happening?
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 13th Jun 2022 at 11:32 AM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 13th Jun 2022 at 12:06 PM.
Have you tried contacting Alfi about fixing them? Because while someone could explain why they don't work, your post at GoS indicates you wouldn't know how to fix them.

eta: the issue is the mesh package and subset names.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jun 2022 at 12:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Have you tried contacting Alfi about fixing them? Because while someone could explain why they don't work, your post at GoS indicates you wouldn't know how to fix them.

eta: the issue is the mesh package and subset names.

I have contacted Alfi and am waiting on a reply but I don't know how much Alfi is online these days. I was hoping it was an easy fix and I could do it myself with some instructions.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 13th Jun 2022 at 7:51 PM
Okay, so moved to the proper create forum. The issue is the recolorable subset is for the poles and wires, not the lampshades. Any existing recolors made (the ones by Alfi) for the shades won't work after adding the additional subset. You will need to enable a second recolorable subset for the shades.

Adding a subset and making it recolorable and additional info for adding subsets.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#5 Old 14th Jun 2022 at 9:38 AM
According to her profile at GOS, Alfi was active the 11th. I think she was gone for a while and recently got back into the Sims and has been around more.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Jun 2022 at 1:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Okay, so moved to the proper create forum. The issue is the recolorable subset is for the poles and wires, not the lampshades. Any existing recolors made (the ones by Alfi) for the shades won't work after adding the additional subset. You will need to enable a second recolorable subset for the shades.

Adding a subset and making it recolorable and additional info for adding subsets.

Thanks Lunie for the info but I think this is beyond my mental state to try and fix. I was hoping I could get someone else to fix it for me but I'm not having any luck.