Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Jeans Shaker Oasis

by Sokisims Posted 14th Jan 2021 at 3:24 AM - Updated 3rd Dec 2023 at 8:08 PM by Sokisims

54 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 31 Feedback Posts, 22 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#26 Old 29th Apr 2021 at 1:14 PM
I absolutely love playing with this world and it's my new favorite, amazing job!
Test Subject
#27 Old 9th May 2021 at 11:24 PM
Default JSO Rotation Spreadsheet
Wow, this hood is so detailed! I love the lots and the families, I can't wait to get started.

I thought I'd share my rotation spreadsheet that I whipped up for this hood. Feel free to duplicate or copy the information into your own sheet. I just put the families in the order shown on this thread. The notes section lists all the locked wants that came with the Sim at the start (for the most part).
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#28 Old 23rd Jun 2021 at 4:05 PM
Kudos on making a second version ! I don't know yet whether I'll stick with the first one that I have already started playing or start over with the v.2, but I'm downloading this one too
Test Subject
#29 Old 2nd Jul 2021 at 2:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sokisims
Is a male! I think the translator went crazy and I didn't notice until now xD

Thanks to you for downloading it !! I hope you have a good time and tell me everything you do ^^

Hello! I don't know how to do sub-hoods, but if someone wants to do it cleanly, I give them my full permission. ^^

I just did the Business district version, if you want to upload it please pm so i can send you the file
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#30 Old 7th Jul 2021 at 11:45 AM
YAAAY!!! <3 Everything looks even better than my first save! I will start over and play with this one instead. If I use an aging mod, will it affect how you intended the story to be? (the mod I'm using increases lifespan to all ages: 110 days for adults for example)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#31 Old 7th Jul 2021 at 1:42 PM
@cookietheinnocent Hello! I think it would even give you more time to take it easy and be able to tangle and untangle things, if it weren't because I'm doing more neighborhoods, I would also use that mod to play. It is somewhat difficult to predict the behavior of the sims over time, so I suppose that each player will do things in their own way ^^
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#32 Old 1st Sep 2021 at 10:53 PM
I have created a playlist with some songs that I listen to while creating the neighborhoods. I am adding songs from time to time.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?li...21D91iLn_mTxbS5
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#33 Old 8th Oct 2021 at 5:06 AM
I've just downloaded this and it looks fantastic! I'm curious about the name of one of the families - the Orman family. Is there a story or tale about the name? Just a random pick?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#34 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 4:53 AM Last edited by Sokisims : 9th Oct 2021 at 7:00 AM.
@jain I no longer remember it well, sometimes I forget why some things and I remember it over time, or sometimes my sub-conscious works for me.

Although in this case one of the reasons I think was not to repeat the acronym in the last name and to use an English name that was easy for me to pronounce.

I created the Ormans for give some security as well as vulnerability to families, to show that at least there is someone who takes charge and at the same time to be able to explain a little more about the consequences of the Cassidy project.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 2:43 PM
@jain I no longer remember it well, sometimes I forget why some things and I remember it over time, or sometimes my sub-conscious works for me.

Although in this case one of the reasons I think was not to repeat the acronym in the last name and to use an English name that was easy for me to pronounce.

I created the Ormans for give some security as well as vulnerability to families, to show that at least there is someone who takes charge and at the same time to be able to explain a little more about the consequences of the Cassidy project.
It's a family name which is why I was curious. Your whole setup is fascinating. I look forward to diving in!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#36 Old 14th Oct 2021 at 1:10 PM
@jain Hope you have fun!! ^^
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#37 Old 21st Oct 2021 at 9:16 AM
I opened the new version last night but only for a short time as I had to go to bed. I love the beach houses and the picture album and just the overall aesthetic, very well done once again.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#38 Old 21st Oct 2021 at 7:51 PM Last edited by Sokisims : 21st Oct 2021 at 8:08 PM.
@ZenGarden Thank you! I really appreciate the comments that you and others leave me !! I found that the beach and beach apartments have no railing (maybe it was a CC that went unnoticed) I am looking forward to finishing the Service Area to update JSO for last time XD!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#39 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 10:57 PM
Finally started playing this neighborhood and wow there is so much going on! I love the creepy scientific experiments theme.
So far I had Jessica resurrect Cassidy 09 into a zombie, then Eve married Malcolm Coverdale, moved out with him and took Cassidy 09 with her so she could be with her dad. I don't usually play with zombies, mostly because they're so slow, but that's not really an issue here with Cass 09 having ninja teleportation! That's a great combo I'd never thought of. Come to think of it, a zombie witch could also teleport with magivestigium.
It's late now but I can't wait to play more tomorrow and explore everything!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 3rd Jan 2022 at 10:48 PM
Heyy! What a lovely neighborhood ^^, I will definitely be giving this a try as I recently came back from The Sims 4 to The Sims 2 and I want to continue my legacy there haha. And this neighborhood of yours seems like a very great idea!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#41 Old 27th Feb 2022 at 6:21 PM
Service Area is almost ready, it's just that I was a bit stressed from building so much and decided to take a break playing the sims normally, I guess I'll upload it soon, I also want to answer all the comments ^^
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 28th Feb 2022 at 6:25 PM
Service Area is almost ready, it's just that I was a bit stressed from building so much and decided to take a break playing the sims normally, I guess I'll upload it soon, I also want to answer all the comments ^^

YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!! I've been holding off playing Jeans Shaker so I can link it to Service Area!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#43 Old 28th Feb 2022 at 7:51 PM Last edited by Sokisims : 1st Mar 2022 at 10:03 PM.
@cookietheinnocent Thanks and sorry for taking so long! It's just that I went too far and the neighborhood has 16 families... so it has a lot more work than JSO, I suppose that this neighborhood is made without thinking so much about the rotation, that everyone plays as they want! xD I still have to paste the photos of some families (I already have half pasted), translate the texts into English, and review the memories and relationships for the last time (that's the worst part xD).

As a creator I am in the same situation as you, I have played the neighborhood many times to test it, but I can't play seriously until I have finished Service Area xD
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 4th Mar 2022 at 2:02 PM
@cookietheinnocent Thanks and sorry for taking so long! It's just that I went too far and the neighborhood has 16 families... so it has a lot more work than JSO, I suppose that this neighborhood is made without thinking so much about the rotation, that everyone plays as they want! xD I still have to paste the photos of some families (I already have half pasted), translate the texts into English, and review the memories and relationships for the last time (that's the worst part xD).

As a creator I am in the same situation as you, I have played the neighborhood many times to test it, but I can't play seriously until I have finished Service Area xD

No its okay! making hoods is a lot of work so it's great that you knew to rest! also 16 families is wonderful to me since I really like big hoods!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#45 Old 24th Mar 2022 at 3:41 PM Last edited by Sokisims : 11th Jun 2022 at 2:32 PM.
I have published a test version of Service Area in the forum! in case you want to help me finish the neighborhood! I'm also going to start with the improvements for the final version of Jeans Shaker Oasis.

https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=665852
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#46 Old 11th Apr 2022 at 3:31 AM Last edited by kaligi : 11th Apr 2022 at 5:19 AM.
I've been wanting to play, try out this neighborhood ever since it was released. Unfortunately it is still not possible. Worse, every time I try to play the first family (The Dimarcheio's), my game just crashes. And I play with many other CC neighborhoods but this is the only one that crashes. I do not know why. It seems to have a really good story, but what else should I do to even able to play it?

Edit:
So i tried another family to start with. Success. But in the minute i'll try The Dimarcheio's, the game immediately crashes. Again, and again and again. Just don't get it, why?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#47 Old 15th Apr 2022 at 12:22 PM Last edited by Sokisims : 15th Apr 2022 at 1:39 PM.
@kaligi Hello! I'm sorry you have that problem, I don't know what can cause it, since I suppose that all the people who have downloaded the neighborhood all this time don't have it or they haven't told me. Do you have all the expansions and packs (including IKEA, holiday...)? Anyway, I plan to replicate the Dimarcheio house on a new lot since I don't like the way the land is and it's also one of the few houses I didn't rebuild when I did the remake. That may help with your problem since it will be a new lot. I guess soon I will start fixing JSO and update the file. At the moment it might help you to download the simless version, pack up the Dimarcheio's house, delete the neighborhood, download the sim version hood and move the Dimarcheio to the simless lot, though you'd have to find a way to get the tomb of Cassidy back. If it's a lot of work, I guess you'd better wait for the neighborhood to update and see if you have any luck with the new version.

EDIT: I just discovered that I also have a crash when I enter the Dimarcheio house, and it seems very strange to me because I have entered that house countless times these months,
I don't understand why this happens now. I'm going to investigate what's going on and try to get serious about updating the file.
Field Researcher
#48 Old 16th Apr 2022 at 3:19 AM
@kaligi Hello! I'm sorry you have that problem, I don't know what can cause it, since I suppose that all the people who have downloaded the neighborhood all this time don't have it or they haven't told me. Do you have all the expansions and packs (including IKEA, holiday...)? Anyway, I plan to replicate the Dimarcheio house on a new lot since I don't like the way the land is and it's also one of the few houses I didn't rebuild when I did the remake. That may help with your problem since it will be a new lot. I guess soon I will start fixing JSO and update the file. At the moment it might help you to download the simless version, pack up the Dimarcheio's house, delete the neighborhood, download the sim version hood and move the Dimarcheio to the simless lot, though you'd have to find a way to get the tomb of Cassidy back. If it's a lot of work, I guess you'd better wait for the neighborhood to update and see if you have any luck with the new version.

EDIT: I just discovered that I also have a crash when I enter the Dimarcheio house, and it seems very strange to me because I have entered that house countless times these months,
I don't understand why this happens now. I'm going to investigate what's going on and try to get serious about updating the file.

Hey @Sokisims, yes, i have the UC version since years, so this should've be not the problem. If you'll rebuild their house, it's a very good idea, thank you so, i think i'll wait until you're done with the updated version of the Neighborhood. Ohh, that's interesting that your game is also crashed on them. Until you're investigating i can wait, since i have other Neighborhoods too to choose from.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#49 Old 16th Apr 2022 at 10:56 AM Last edited by Sokisims : 16th Apr 2022 at 12:06 PM.
@caligi Yeah, yesterday I started cleaning up all the reference in lots and rebuilding that house. It will be a bit of work to recreate all the characters, memories etc, but it's something I wanted to do since I wasn't entirely happy. I don't know what can cause the crashes, so my only theory is that maybe the Dimarcheio and Toledo house had references, I suppose that rebuilding again and in a cleaner environment will help.

Although I still don't understand why it doesn't work now, even in the unpopulated version I was getting crashes in those two houses. Which is very strange because if that had always happened, I wouldn't even have been able to do the remake, I entered those houses countless times... what is there in my game that makes it impossible now? xD Ughh, I hope the intense cleaning and reconstruction help, I want this to be the last time I recreate the neighborhood!! Luckily I already know by heart everything I have to do and this time I hope it will be perfect.

EDIT: I'm thinking that maybe RPC has something to do with it, seeing the comments from the Softpines neighborhood where some of them had the same thing happen with some families crashing, I realize that when I created the neighborhood I didn't use rpc and now I do. Maybe it has something to do with it? Will anything change if I now recreate the neighborhood with rpc? Will it stop working for some or will it work for everyone? @caligi Do you use RPC?
Field Researcher
#50 Old 21st Apr 2022 at 7:14 PM Last edited by kaligi : 23rd Apr 2022 at 3:22 PM.
@caligi Yeah, yesterday I started cleaning up all the reference in lots and rebuilding that house. It will be a bit of work to recreate all the characters, memories etc, but it's something I wanted to do since I wasn't entirely happy. I don't know what can cause the crashes, so my only theory is that maybe the Dimarcheio and Toledo house had references, I suppose that rebuilding again and in a cleaner environment will help.

Although I still don't understand why it doesn't work now, even in the unpopulated version I was getting crashes in those two houses. Which is very strange because if that had always happened, I wouldn't even have been able to do the remake, I entered those houses countless times... what is there in my game that makes it impossible now? xD Ughh, I hope the intense cleaning and reconstruction help, I want this to be the last time I recreate the neighborhood!! Luckily I already know by heart everything I have to do and this time I hope it will be perfect.

EDIT: I'm thinking that maybe RPC has something to do with it, seeing the comments from the Softpines neighborhood where some of them had the same thing happen with some families crashing, I realize that when I created the neighborhood I didn't use rpc and now I do. Maybe it has something to do with it? Will anything change if I now recreate the neighborhood with rpc? Will it stop working for some or will it work for everyone? @caligi Do you use RPC?

I'm sorry for the late answer, the site didn't sent me a notice as before. Yes, i'm using RPC and your's is sadly the first neighborhood what crashes, but i don't think this is the part of the crashing problem, it must be something on the lot that causes that. Since i was last time here it's happened again, but this time in another neighborhood, it's cutupuss's town New Arlestown. Im playing mostly with Aileen Landing, since last year and i'm having there no problems at all since i've started.
But i have a bunch of other neighborhoods too that i'm playing sometimes with also no crashing problems. Thumbs up, that you recreating that lot.
Page 2 of 3