Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Oct 2021 at 3:38 PM
Default Sleep Wants
I'm wondering if anyone has a particular way of dealing with/playing wants that occur in a Sims sleep, but never during the day. Example - currently I am playing Adrienne Cotton, who is a lady of the night. She is a romance Sim through and through with a Pleasure secondary, is a bit grouchy and during the day her wants are typical Romance ones - WooHoo X number of Sims, flirt, date, make out etc. She has a pretty lucrative business and has one son, but is not at all family oriented.

However, while she was asleep last night she rolled a want to get engaged to one of her clients. I've noticed this a number of times with Sims rolling wants for marriage and babies while asleep (or affairs for Family sims one time). I feel bad locking them though when I know that they would typically be gone by morning and it doesn't reflect their general goals, so I haven't yet.

Has anyone else seen this happen, and how do you play it? I'm considering treating them as dreams!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3 Old 1st Oct 2021 at 4:24 PM
I've always treated these wants as dreams.

Most Romance sims roll marriage wants sooner or later, mostly on dates, and increasingly so as they age toward elder. In the absence of other factors (family pressures, rulesets simulating cultural norms), if a Romance sims rolls a want to get engaged to a sim who's present, without a corresponding fear of getting engaged, they propose. If they immediately regret it, oh well...

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Oct 2021 at 6:02 PM
Not a mod as far as I'm aware, that said I love my mod set up so if this was an unintentional side effect then I can deal with it!

Peni, I enjoy that spontaneity :D
Scholar
#5 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 8:53 PM
I assume Sims, like many humans, fantasise about taking decisions they've never make when awake (as well as some decisions they make plenty of times when awake, such as their hobby dreams).