Replies: 12440 (Who?), Viewed: 784633 times.
Page 498 of 498
Instructor
#12426 Old 29th Nov 2021 at 8:13 AM
Or have a SWAT team run into the house weapons drawn and haul the hacker off.
Scholar
#12427 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 8:46 PM
Or high-logic/charisma, mean (or Evil trait holders?) could SWAT (or for logistical reasons, sic every NPC cop and playable in Law Enforcement on) their enemies, either on the same lot (swatter acts upset, then laughs when swattee is hauled off) or on different lots (invasion force arrives shortly after lot load, swatter may do a snoopy walkby shortly after). I'd imagine it would only be an absence of a few Sim-hours for the swattee (unless they're Unlucky?), but it would obviously cause fury against swatter and invasion force. Nice for Veronaville?

I really wish there was another overhaul of G-Rated Religion. Aside from the compatibility issues, I feel like traits could be useful -- there is a clergy cast-trait that might allow playable Sims to be tagged as Sister-replacements for Places of Worship and eliminate the need for the NPC, and other traits could have impacts on exceptions to particular tenets (such as Hot-Headed tending to throw drinks, slap, and kick stuff when in a bad mood even if their religion prohibits it and they have high faith, Absent-Minded forgetting tenets occasionally, Neurotic nagging other Sims of their religion about tenet-violation, Easily Impressed being easily converted, the conflict between Theft prohibition and Kleptomaniac Sims, etc.). Also, while Sister Cheeky was obviously a bit much, we don't really need G-Rated for a T-Rated game -- tasteful romantic interactions would be useful additions to the tenants.
I'm thinking about this because I am very tempted to try adding a townie Grim Reaper SkeleBro to at least a testing Strangetown, using this. The same creator made a bunch of other extracted universal NPCs, who are basically the seraphim and nephilim of the Sim-universe (as in, dangerous, mysterious, weird-looking, fill useful roles in the running of the universe, and safest to stay away from outside the limited scope of their duty -- with the potential for blowing up the universe as a bonus). Those would be good dieties if protected from actually dying, although naming them slightly differently from the on-duty version would be a good idea!
Mad Poster
#12428 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 10:51 PM
Quote:
I really wish there was another overhaul of G-Rated Religion. Aside from the compatibility issues, I feel like traits could be useful -- there is a clergy cast-trait that might allow playable Sims to be tagged as Sister-replacements for Places of Worship and eliminate the need for the NPC, and other traits could have impacts on exceptions to particular tenets (such as Hot-Headed tending to throw drinks, slap, and kick stuff when in a bad mood even if their religion prohibits it and they have high faith, Absent-Minded forgetting tenets occasionally, Neurotic nagging other Sims of their religion about tenet-violation, Easily Impressed being easily converted, the conflict between Theft prohibition and Kleptomaniac Sims, etc.). Also, while Sister Cheeky was obviously a bit much, we don't really need G-Rated for a T-Rated game -- tasteful romantic interactions would be useful additions to the tenants.

Actually, I agree with you on the overhaul on the religion mod-using traits, it could be even useful-and a few traits would be really compelling-like the 'thief'-which has another mod attached to it, and others. Traits would actually be part of the game play not a side dish. I mean, it's a great addition to the game, just not very useful the way it is right now.
If traits were incorporated more into the game to affect everything a pixel does, it could lead to a more challenging game.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Instructor
#12429 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 10:08 AM Last edited by pianogrinder : 3rd Dec 2021 at 10:18 AM.
A first person camera mod that always locks into the head of the sim no matter how tall or short the sims are. Perfect example, the sims 4 1st person cam does all this. Now I really wish that someone could implement that into sims 2. BTW I tried the ego cam that sort of does this, but it goes above the sim's head and causes weird sim behavior like auto jumping rope. And the ego cam completely overrides my no jealousy at all hack making it useless. Because of that, I had to uninstall/reinstall the entire game and start from scratch with re-downloading mods.
Alchemist
#12430 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 6:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pianogrinder
A first person camera mod that always locks into the head of the sim no matter how tall or short the sims are. Perfect example, the sims 4 1st person cam does all this. Now I really wish that someone could implement that into sims 2. BTW I tried the ego cam that sort of does this, but it goes above the sim's head and causes weird sim behavior like auto jumping rope. And the ego cam completely overrides my no jealousy at all hack making it useless. Because of that, I had to uninstall/reinstall the entire game and start from scratch with re-downloading mods.

Do you mean something like this?
https://modthesims.info/d/504385/re...erspective.html

Overview all my creations (MTS and beyond): Download at once (SimFileShare)
FAQ and policy: Policy S2I
The School Project (finished): The School Project (Completed)
Over 500 new food items to come in Fast & Healthy Cooking Project: F&HCP
Facebookpage: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Instructor
#12431 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 7:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lientebollemeis

That's the mod that broke my game. I was hoping for a newer improved 1st person cam mod that will play nice with the sims 2 UC.
Top Secret Researcher
#12432 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 8:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pianogrinder
And the ego cam completely overrides my no jealousy at all hack making it useless. Because of that, I had to uninstall/reinstall the entire game and start from scratch with re-downloading mods.
How does a .txt file containing camera parameters invalidate your entire installation?
Scholar
#12433 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 10:02 PM
I would like a mod that made the roses Sims get as a good-date reward to wither.

I don't like that they last for generations. What are day, plastic roses? You don't buy plastic roses for a date, scrooge! XD
And natural roses won't last too long.
A few days would be more than enough. And then Sims should put them in the trash. (Or -ideally- compost them!)
Theorist
#12434 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 11:06 PM
They stick around forever because EA wanted to cause drama when your spouse viewed roses that you got on a date from someone else thirty years ago.
Top Secret Researcher
#12435 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amura
I would like a mod that made the roses Sims get as a good-date reward to wither.

I don't like that they last for generations. What are day, plastic roses? You don't buy plastic roses for a date, scrooge! XD
And natural roses won't last too long.
A few days would be more than enough. And then Sims should put them in the trash. (Or -ideally- compost them!)

That's really a problem with everything in Sims 2. Furniture lasts for generations as well, and not just the well crafted stuff that can last long. If you're as lazy about redecorating as I am sometimes, you can have Sims using the same ikea end table that their great-great-grandparents used.

Object ageing was originally going to be a feature, but it was cut before release. That's also why recoloring costs money in Sims 2 on an object that is already placed, it was originally meant to be a "restoration" feature that could be used to repair broken down furniture.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#12436 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 11:31 PM
It's funny, too-that food can spoil faster than date flowers.

My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Scholar
#12437 Old Yesterday at 8:07 AM
That's very interesting, Orphalesion!
And makes so much sense.
Maybe they only removed that feature partially, because pets do break furniture so I guess when Sims scold them and they stop biting the furniture looks the same but maybe it's already damaged?

Still furniture may last generations, but I've never seen flowers last years xD
as FranH mentions, food can spoil after a while. Maybe flowers should "spoil" like food do. But without the smell.

kestrellyn, I've never seen such thing happen.
It at least it was good for creating some drama, I'd be glad to have it in my game XD
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
retired moderator
#12438 Old Yesterday at 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphalesion
Object ageing was originally going to be a feature, but it was cut before release. That's also why recoloring costs money in Sims 2 on an object that is already placed, it was originally meant to be a "restoration" feature that could be used to repair broken down furniture.

That does make sense! I know some of the basegame objects had 'worn' textures with them; such as the teddy bear (included in CEP ) and the bunny. Would be great to have that implemented for furniture!

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -RADIO- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
Top Secret Researcher
#12439 Old Today at 3:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
That does make sense! I know some of the basegame objects had 'worn' textures with them; such as the teddy bear (included in CEP ) and the bunny. Would be great to have that implemented for furniture!

Yeah, exactly, the teddy bear is a leftover from that. And yeah I would love seeing that for furniture.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Instructor
#12440 Old Today at 4:47 AM
Does the Pets code make it possible to mod the falling apart of furniture and objects somehow? Maybe with a token to track days passed, and the piece of furniture has a higher chance of falling to pieces depending on days passed and cheapness.
Mad Poster
#12441 Old Today at 11:46 AM
That's one thing that irritates me about Pets-those critters that chew up the furniture but the furniture does not show any marks of being scratched or chewed on. A little realism would do when the owner can scold the pet for 'chewing the furniture'. Kinda useless unless to teach the pet not to do so, which is all I suppose it was put in for.

Page 498 of 498