Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

55 Medieval Open/Closed + Hanging Business Signs *Updated*

by sunni9676 Posted 11th Apr 2010 at 2:25 PM - Updated 25th Jul 2010 at 5:01 AM by sunni9676 : Added Pawnbroker's Signs

39 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 2:40 PM
These are wonderfull! You did a great job, thank you! I'm gonna go put one in my sims medieval pub right now!
Zombie Socks
#3 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 3:07 PM
What a clever idea and the textures are BEAUTIFUL. Just really amazing. Though personally, them not having different open and closed textures will bother me a lot, I can certainly appreciate a good upload when I see it!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Test Subject
#4 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 3:11 PM
Sunni, You're simply amazing!
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 3:43 PM
55! You crazy person. They're all well-made and looking nice!

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Scholar
#6 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 6:07 PM
this is amazing! thank you!

The end of magical Pegasaus's era through the world of sims
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 6:38 PM
These are great! They will come in handy for medieval shops! Thanks for these!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#8 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 7:22 PM
These are amazing! Thanks so much. I have been looking for something like this for ages. You did a great job!
Forum Resident
#9 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 7:29 PM
greaaat!!! thank you!!!! this was much needed!! and really nice textures
Field Researcher
#10 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 9:50 PM
Awesomeness! Thanks!
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#11 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 10:38 PM
Wow sunni, these are gorgeous! Just gorgeous.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 10:39 PM
These are really lovely. Thanks so much :D
Test Subject
#13 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 10:41 PM
This is something that I need very much for my medieval hood. Thank you so much! :D
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 11:09 PM
Gorgeous! I'm so glad you made them cause something like this is really needed!
Thanks so much for sharing :D

Hugs Piggi ^(°oo°)^

>> Piggi's Sims <<
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 3:20 AM
This is very nice and well detailed.
I wish there were a generic open/close sign though. I don't think I would want to have so many signs for specific lots.
Great options, as is, for those making stories or movies though.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 4:40 AM
saber2185 - I'd be happy to make a open/closed sign in this style that is animated (meaning two different images), but I'm not certain what images would be appropriate for medieval times to denote open/closed. I had chosen simple images for peasant/commoner businesses because they couldn't read and planned to use them all the time as their primary sign because some would be too poor or too rural to have a fancy hanging sign.

Visit these sites for more Medieval downloads: Sunni Designs, Plumb Bob Keep, and The Medieval Smithy.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 4:52 AM
I think they are fantastic and will populate my businesses with them in my Medievaltropolis. Thanks for these!

Disfruta de la vida mientras pueda. Mañana puede tener que lavar la ropa!
Test Subject
#18 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 9:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sunni9676
saber2185 - I'd be happy to make a open/closed sign in this style that is animated (meaning two different images), but I'm not certain what images would be appropriate for medieval times to denote open/closed. I had chosen simple images for peasant/commoner businesses because they couldn't read and planned to use them all the time as their primary sign because some would be too poor or too rural to have a fancy hanging sign.

You could consider simply making a closed version the same image with a big X over it to indicate no whatever-it-is-they-are-selling today.
Test Subject
#19 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 10:47 AM
Very nicely done. I was getting quite sick of that boring old green sign, thanks for this.
Inventor
#20 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 3:14 PM
The textures are stunning. You did a very good job with those signs and so many of them... enough for a whole medieval city.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 2:24 AM
These are fantastic! What a great addition to my medieval hood!
Thank you!

Let me know if you use any of my recolors in a story, video, etc. I'd like to see it!
Forum Resident
#22 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 2:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pleun
You could consider simply making a closed version the same image with a big X over it to indicate no whatever-it-is-they-are-selling today.

I was thinking something similar. Even just a "/" through them would be sufficient.
Instructor
#23 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 11:53 AM
Or a note 'pinned' on the original sign with an X, or saying "Out of stock" or "Closed today" in Simlish.
But oh how I wish we could have recolours for the original open/closed sign.
I will use the hanging signs though - they are beautiful!
Test Subject
#24 Old 14th Apr 2010 at 9:43 AM
these are lovely,thanks.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 19th Apr 2010 at 5:02 PM
These are really nice, thanks. I think they'd go great in my little French village aswell as my medieval towns. Great job!

My Sims 2 Stuff (For DL)
"The art of living is more like wrestling than dancing."
- Marcus Aurelius
Page 1 of 2