Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 7:43 AM
Default In season!
An interesting slip up happened as you can see in my article on the site: http://www.sims2community.com/

What are people thinking about this?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 8:25 AM
Hmmm...Very Interesting! I really do hope that this is a mistake by EA and they told us something we shouldn't know. We just might be seeing seasons/weather very soon! If this happens you will have one happy camper haha :-) So I really do hope that we get to see the sims2 seasons =).
#3 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 9:23 AM
I'm not really a fan of seasons. After all say a season lasted a week or something. There would be some children who didn't get to play in the snow of winter until they becamse adults! In a game with the time contraints of sims I don't see seasons working.
Weather maybe, if we ignore the seasons and have snow whenever. But it would have to be consistent across houses (So it's not raining in the Cailete household and sowing next door at Dons) Which again would be a difficulty because if you save while it's raining at the Callietes then leave for a couple of seasons when you come back to the Cailetes (Maybe I should have chosen an example family whose name I can spell) to be realistic it would have to be whatever weather you just left behind wherever you were but to be consistent i would have to still be raining.

I just hope if it is true there will be the option to turn it off for pessimists like me and also people with not so good graphics cards who will be killed by the extra loading
#4 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 11:44 AM
Hopefully, maybe, probably not, but if the IS EP is real, maybe, probs not,maybe it would be rolled in with a Vacation sorta EP? I know your probably going to moan saying 'NO! Maxis said they are going to release games in a pattern! Spring:New idea, Autumn :remake of TS1' But maxis did also say, a Pets EP WOULDNT be focused on pets,they would be a sidepart, like Vampires were to NL, and Zombies to Uni,etc

I agree with Trissle, the season should be the same for all the neighbourhood Not raining for 1 family, and snow for another,etc :D
Scholar
#5 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 12:44 PM
sounds exciting! i really want weather! I would pay 40 bucks for just weather and not anything else :P
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 2:05 PM
Same weather for different families? They are not even living the same time usually. Not very practical. I agree that while I would like to see weather very much, I care much less about seasons. They don't seem to fit the sim lifespans that well.

A lurking translator who goes stealthily converting text strings into finnish when he feels like doing that, which is very rarely.
Test Subject
#7 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 2:42 PM
If Maxis DID decide to put in weather/seasons, I am sure they would figure out a way for it to work even though the different families in the same neighborhood move at different paces since you only play one at a time.
I think the idea of weather/seasons is really cool sounding, and like anything else, I would certainly give it a try. True expansions (not the object packs) so far have really sculpted this game into something very unique and I love them all for different reasons. Each one adds so much.
Funny how quickly things get covered up and locked. I almost think they do it on purpose to add more drama to their expansion releases. Every new thread on different forums just adds to the mystery they are dishing out, making the expansion in question that much more popular without even advertising it.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 2:46 PM
I really want some seasons in my game, but I'm scared to see what the new loading time is going to be.
#9 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 3:25 PM
I would personally prefer the idea of a Vacation-like theme to weather.
#10 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 4:40 PM
I'd be happy with weather based on different terrain-types, and the addition of snow.

And I wish they would give us bigger trees O.o
#11 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 4:41 PM
Is there a reason they can't do new pack (Get A Life) in spring and remake (In Season AKA Vacation 2) in autumn so it's so far ahead they don't want us to know?
Instructor
#12 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 4:50 PM
Seasons are a nice idea, yet a whole EP only on them would be quite poor. I hope that, assuming this is true, there will be more than just seasons.
Stupid people are stupid
#13 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 5:10 PM
On the weather;
They tried to make it for the original game, but didn't succeed *then*. By now, they had 2 years extra to work on it....
Of course they won't tell us until the very last, just like pets!

I had a good laugh about the "in season". Very nice to see they make mistakes (assuming it is a mistake). I wonder who is getting fired for this....
Banned
#14 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 6:25 PM
I really hope they do make a weather expansion pack! I'd have to wait till I got a better computer because my poor little computer wouldn't be able to handle it. Or maybe it's another holiday pack? Halloween? Thanksgiving?
Test Subject
#15 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 6:48 PM
I'm actually hoping they don't get seasons. Some rain would be nice, and like someone said before, different weather based on the terrain, but I wouldn't want it to change seasons (winter, spring, summer, fall).

Not only will it probably make the game even BIGGER and take even LONGER to load, I think it would eventually get on my nerves.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 7:09 PM
I'd just really like things like rain and snow. Or maybe an option to switch seasons to make seperate houses fit, or something
Test Subject
#17 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 7:13 PM
I would like if the In Season thing really happened, and it gave us weather.
But has anyone thought about the different terrain types? I mostly play Strangetown, and I wouldn't want, for example, snow in my desert.
#18 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 7:29 PM
I saw that too yesterday when I was flirting with the idea of registering Glamour Life Stuff (the electronic registration thingie never works for me)... while I'd like to see weather and seasons in the Sims 2, I'm also wondering if it's a mistake with putting in the new Holiday Stuff pack. :/
Test Subject
#19 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 7:48 PM
Possibly. But we're having a lot of fun with our wishful thinking right now. :D
#20 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 8:07 PM
What is it with all these mystery games?

First Get a Life, now this.
I don't mean to burst your rain drop here, but In Season could have very well been an accident and reffered to the Holiday pack. 'Tis the season and all that.

Nothing is pointing to it being about Weather. And what a crappy EP that would make.,.. Unless it was just an add on.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#21 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 8:13 PM
This is my take on the addition of weather. I think weather would be a great addition if done in the right way. I somewhat like how electrical items become useless during the power outage scenario, but I don't too much care for the mini-game (good thing that it's optional) or for the power outage happening during every storm. Knowing Maxis, you probably shouldn't worry about rain ruining your Sim's pool party quite yet. Like with controlling pets, they will probably have some cheat that will allow you to control the weather, at least for story-telling purposes. Or, it could be like the neighborhood view in that you can adjust it in the settings menu based on how your computer can handle it. We'll just have to see, but you do wonder about these questionable "leaks"...
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 8:18 PM
i'd rather hoped for a movie maker expansion
maybe the'd put a whole lot moer animations
or maybe some nice props like a shootable gun or working sword that would have been nice
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 9:50 PM
I doubt they'd make a movie maker expansion. For one the game The Movies nullifies that and for two, there are only so many movie makers in the game compared to the people that play it for other reasons/just to play it that it's not worth it for them in profits.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 11:14 PM
spelling...
Quote: Originally posted by discordkitty
I doubt they'd make a movie maker expansion. For one the game The Movies nullifies that and for two, there are only so many movie makers in the game compared to the people that play it for other reasons/just to play it that it's not worth it for them in profits.

I sorta half-agree Discord.

How many people have asked for more 'adult' things - like guns, swords, car crashes etc? But, oh no! It's all too 'real' for the worried parents and censors out there!!! *mock horror*

But maybe - and this is just an idea - maybe if it's not good enough these 'adult' features are not real, then it will be good enough if they're not even real to the sims themselves? As in, the sims know that these are props/set-ups, etc and that no sim is ever hurt or dies?

And this wouldn't just be great for the movie makers (and there's HEAPS out there) but story-tellers would also cream their jeans to get a hold of this EP - because we all know that there's hundreds of them! Not to mention the people who just get every EP because they "have to have it".

And besides, IMHO, The Movies is a huge waste of money and Maxis could top that piece of crap any day!!
#25 Old 17th Sep 2006 at 10:32 PM
Movies was crap because that was a stupid idea with bad animation.

And Kitty is right. There are ...i dunno, like a million or something Sims players in the world. Even if there are like, 300 movie makers for TS2, They would loose money, not make it.

And I'd say, noting from my rl firends who play, most people do not buy all the expansions. Just us weirdos on the TS2 forum. ; p
Page 1 of 8