Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#26 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 7:00 PM
Quote from Snooty:
"Danish site GameSection is claiming to have proof of the 5th expansionpack, The Sims 2: Season. As you can see, they posted an ad that came from the Pets box.
A couple of weeks ago, the title Sims 2 in Season was discovered on the EA registration site, and was removed a little while later.
Note that this pack is not confirmed by Maxis and may not be correct. But as the official releasedate of Pets gets closer, we will find out soon enough.
Find this Danish site here: GameSection.dk"

Here is a link to the image here. It looks very much like official Sims 2 production art/"box art". If it's a fake picture, I want to meet the person that made it. I'm sure any weather added to TS2 will be controlled by in-game settings and/or cheats.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 7:28 PM
I'm thinking that I'm having difficulty finding the article in question. Could you give a header or something please so I know what I'm looking for?
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#28 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 7:29 PM
On Snooty's page, it is the top-most update. The heading says "5th Expansion pack?" for 13 October. I cannot read the language, so I cannot help you with the other website.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
#29 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 7:31 PM
Awesome!!! I believe that it's real!
#30 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 7:40 PM
So if this is real, there will be weather (rain, snow, etc.) on The Sims 2?
#31 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 7:53 PM
YEAY!

Weather!

So much fun for the kiddies. My sims will get more seasons than I get.
Theorist
#32 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 9:11 PM
Looks real to me! I guess Maxis has figured out how to not make it rain inside the house. I won't fully believe that this is true until the first people who get Pets say that there is indeed an ad for the next Sims 2 expansion.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 9:16 PM
SnootySims just posted that Heika16 made a translation from the Seasons ad. Click Here. .

I like the sound of "summer hut", and "winter cottage"...maybe we're going to get to have vacation homes and/or just be able to own/live in second homes? That alone would be worth it to get this EP, if it is in fact an EP.

Click HERE please, so I can up the sweet sweet page count. Thanks!

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
Original Poster
#34 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 9:36 PM
I dug up some new information from the BBS (yes, I braved it - eeeeee!). Anyway I posted some interesting tidbits on the blog

http://www.sims2community.com/

edit: HAH, I see you guys already knew :p
Test Subject
#35 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 9:49 PM
If it is an EP it's probably a holiday/vacation EP, which kinda doesn't make any sense with the holiday packs and all.

But hey, if it's true, harvesting will be making a return! :D
Field Researcher
#36 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maybesomethingdunno
On Snooty's page, it is the top-most update. The heading says "5th Expansion pack?" for 13 October. I cannot read the language, so I cannot help you with the other website.

Guess I posted too late to be clear. I was referring to discord's article she was mentioning. Not the snooty one. Unless of course they are one and the same and I was over-thinking.
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
Original Poster
#37 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 10:51 PM
cappyboy my original article that I started this thread with is here

http://www.sims2community.com/2006/09/15/hohoho/

and the one I wrote today after stumbling upon the threads in my search for new Pets info is here

http://www.sims2community.com/2006/...season-rumours/
#38 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 1:37 AM
So exciting.. I've been wanting weather for some time.. O-O!! It sounds like it could have a vaction-y feel to it as well.. Yay!! Stacy is very, VERY happy right now.
Forum Resident
#39 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 2:10 AM
Seasons sounds great to me. What fun fishing, snow ball fights, growing things, raking leaves [judging from pic] and more, hopefully...just want it to WORK right fresh out of the box, you know? I don't care if the seasons change by lot or all lots at once or whatever.
#40 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 2:40 AM
Sad thing is it seems as if someone has stolen the hack idea from this site...

http://www.pc-sims.de/smb/showthread.php?t=357

I have been using this weather controller and it is fabulous... Suddenly Maxis decides to come out with an "official" one for the game? Coincidence... I think not.

A lot of things that become popular in the Sims community sites tend to "suddenly" show up in or as a Maxis add-on...
#41 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 3:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by callum91
Hopefully, maybe, probably not, but if the IS EP is real, maybe, probs not,maybe it would be rolled in with a Vacation sorta EP? I know your probably going to moan saying 'NO! Maxis said they are going to release games in a pattern! Spring:New idea, Autumn :remake of TS1' But maxis did also say, a Pets EP WOULDNT be focused on pets,they would be a sidepart, like Vampires were to NL, and Zombies to Uni,etc

..and werewolves are to Pets?
Field Researcher
#42 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 3:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by discordkitty
cappyboy my original article that I started this thread with is here

http://www.sims2community.com/2006/09/15/hohoho/

and the one I wrote today after stumbling upon the threads in my search for new Pets info is here

http://www.sims2community.com/2006/...season-rumours/

Thanks, Discord. I appreciate it. Not sure what I think of the season stuff though. I think I might prefer having Maxis eliminate the time penalties for seeing the campus sites in Uni or adding more aspirations than doing seasons. But some of the stuff that's mentioned could be cool too. I can't deny it would be fun to have snowball fights or families with pools playing Marco Polo. I'd probably buy a season-based expansion in any event because I try to always buy expansions in case there's some cool stuff that's not getting any ink.
#43 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 3:31 AM
Seasons would be awesome, but I wonder how slow the game will become with rain, snow, etc.? Anyways, thanks for the link, that picture does look like something maxis would make, but it could have been faked. We'll just have to wait and see...
Scholar
#44 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 3:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Blackdove6
Sad thing is it seems as if someone has stolen the hack idea from this site...

http://www.pc-sims.de/smb/showthread.php?t=357

I have been using this weather controller and it is fabulous... Suddenly Maxis decides to come out with an "official" one for the game? Coincidence... I think not.

A lot of things that become popular in the Sims community sites tend to "suddenly" show up in or as a Maxis add-on...

The community has been asking for weather ever since the game first came out. I'm willing to bet they had this expansion pack planned well before the "weather controller" was popularized.

I'm thrilled about this news, and I'm quite certain it's legit. I've tried weather mods in the past, but deleted them promptly after I saw how odd they looked in the game. Weather will add so much dimension to The Sims 2. I can't wait!

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
Original Poster
#45 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 4:00 AM
That weather hack isn't the first one - there's at least three of them and I believe simslice had the very first one - long before the pc-sims.de site had one.

The fact is, Maxis had already built weather into the base game - however it was abandoned. Those mods (if you haven't tried them) can't prevent it from raining inside sims homes and such - which is the same problem Maxis had. If it wasn't for the weather thing already being there, I doubt we'd have hacks to make it possible now.

Anyway, I'm kind of meh about this. On one hand I'd love weather, but on the other hand a whole expansion pack of which that is the basis? I feel ripped off.
#46 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 4:10 AM
You people annoy me.

"OMG I WANT PETS, PETS PLEASE PETS!"
"Pets....only? That's it? Kinda lame..."

"OMG I WISH WE HAD WEATHER. SEASONS WOULD BE GREAT FUN!"
"In Season... Just....weather....not enough."

OmG... Shush.

It's the weirdest thing. Poor Maxis. Gives you what you want and then you moan over it?

I don't mean to be rude, but it's *so* annoying. Be Glad there's a huge franchise that actually LISTENS to the customer. That actually gives exactly what is asked.

I think it's beautiful.

Perk up! You got *another* request. Again.
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
Original Poster
#47 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 4:19 AM
Personally I don't mind the expansion being just pets, I don't think I've ever personally complained about it. It's a LOT of work and a lot of new stuff in regards to pets. But I'm not interested in an expansion that's only centered around weather. I can live without weather I've been playing Sims2 since release without it ... it's not going to bother me to continue. I'm not interested in spending my money on an expansion that contains only weather/possible harvest-type stuff, so I won't. Pets is a whole different ballgame.

Give weather and a vacation-themed expansion pack in one? Sure that's better. I still wouldn't spend my money on it.

I'd also like to see a spring expansion release that's something new and not request-related.
#48 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 4:26 AM
Oh, I'm sure it will be a whole lot better than we assume it is right now. Spring releases are new-idea EP's so maybe this one will be fresh and origonal like OFB was, and weather will only be a perk. We won't really know until they release information. If anything, a Vacation themed EP would be a remake, and therefore wouldn't be released until Fall 2007.
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
Original Poster
#49 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 4:32 AM
True. We pretty much know absolutely nothing until Maxis confirms it as I said in the article. It might be part of a bigger concept that blows early conjecture out of the water
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 4:41 AM
Default like snowball war
[QUOTE=discordkitty]like snowball war,(something i don’t know what is) http://www.sims2community.com/

Snowball War is a Sims 1 Vacation game. The family members seperate sides of the fild with a snow wall to pertect them. Then they start throwing snowballs at each other.
Page 2 of 8