Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Base Game Kitchen Counter Recolours

by Michelle Posted 2nd Apr 2013 at 4:41 AM - Updated 29th Sep 2015 at 11:01 AM by Michelle

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 24 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 10:07 AM
Thank you thank you thank you! This is wonderful - exactly what I've been waiting for! I'm so looking forward to using these in my game. (Sorry that this is basically just more thanks, but hitting the thanks button just wouldn't cut it on this occasion.)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 12:50 PM
Lovely =) It's easy to get stuck in using the same few recolors that you think are decent, so anything that adds variety to kitchens is great. Thank you!

Are the tops and the bottoms separated, or can you only have them in the exact combination you show?
Theorist
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 1:40 PM
@ gummilutt, separate tops and bottoms on all counters. Click on the spoiler below for an example.

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 5:15 PM
These are great! Thanks for the option of separate files for each type of counter.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#6 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 5:34 PM
Awesometastic =) That is going to make variation even easier, and since it's base game, they are all compatible with Numenors corner-enabler. Thanks again!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 5:34 PM
I thought I didn't need matching furnitur- er, everything, until I saw these recolors! Thank you. :D
Mad Poster
#8 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 6:52 PM
Do we need AL installed to get these colours?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 8:44 PM
Michelle you are a sanity-saver!!!
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
I was REALLY getting sooo sick of using the same counters/colors all the time! (Have my favorites you know! ) But this will make things so much more cohesive!

And I can mix'n match TOO!!!!!!!! I think I luv you!!!!!!!!

XOXOXOXOXOXO
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#10 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 8:59 PM
fakepeeps- no, Michelle just used the AL wood textures.

Michelle- you do know how much I love you for recoloring all this stuff with my very favorite woods, right? Now that you've started using the other 3 woods too.. :lovestruc
Theorist
THANKS POST
#11 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 9:54 PM
I love having a ton of recolors for Maxis objects. Thank you!
Theorist
Original Poster
#12 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 11:49 AM
I'd like to thank everyone for their appreciative and encouraging comments and thanks. ♥

@ Jeannie, you always manage to bring a smile to my face, I think I luv you too!

@ MLC, Kiri (celebkiriedhel) and Kate (amythestfenix) are responsible for getting me to use the other colours.

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 12th Apr 2013 at 2:38 AM
Oh wow sweet, this is super-useful. Replacing sims' counters is really expensive for them since all the cheap ones are plastic and like, neon. You do nice recolors.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 1st May 2013 at 10:29 PM
Thank you! Great recolors! Now I can start using base game kitchen again. Can't wait to do the dishes! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 9th May 2013 at 2:03 AM
time to remodel the kitchen with these neat recolors, thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 14th May 2013 at 3:08 AM
YES. I love simple wood tones, and some of those atrocious Maxis counters never ever got used because they were just too strange, or their colors were too limited. Now everything can match. You are wonderful!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 29th May 2013 at 7:42 PM
Love, love, love these! WOOT!!!
Thank you so much. Downloading them all NOW!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 14th Jun 2013 at 10:23 PM
Thank you for recoloring all those counters! I can't wait to see them in game. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 11th Aug 2013 at 7:37 PM
Thank you for this very lovely recolor set. Also, eewww the dirty state is gross! Not bad, though. I like it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 28th Feb 2014 at 4:07 PM
Nice! Love it, needed it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 2:56 AM
Thanks so much!they are gorgeous!I do appreciate all your hard work for bringing all these wonderful counters.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 5:41 AM
With this, I will actually use base game counters...thanks!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#23 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 5:15 AM
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#24 Old 24th Jan 2015 at 9:19 PM
OMGosh I love these!!! You're completing all my sets. Thank you!!!
Will you be doing the Locker Room Counterfeet Kitchen Counter?
Theorist
Original Poster
#25 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 5:09 AM
@ Goldenbtrfly, I'll see what I can do.

Page 1 of 2