Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 9:35 PM
Post eyes you've made and get FEEDBACK
I decided instead of having oscarzoa's one huge thread where everyoen discuses everything, we should have smaler threads with different topics. It makes it easier for people to know where to post, yes?

So! I will start. Here are 4 eyes of mine, on a Sim in BodyShop. Please give CONSTRUCTIVE criticisms and other feedbacks. Thank you!

PS. To see colors, and name of eye, please check grey text at bottom of image (when fullsized) for those who do not know.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 16th Feb 2010 at 3:19 AM
Nice!

I'm still having trouble keeping mine centered.... ugh!

Where does the pain come?
Where does it start?
I know not...
For I have no heart...
Banned
#3 Old 16th Feb 2010 at 6:31 AM
@TTG- they're too big and manga-like. The pupils look too small (or invisible, on the Poisoned Princess one).
Forum Resident
#4 Old 16th Feb 2010 at 12:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ebonova
@TTG- they're too big and manga-like. The pupils look too small (or invisible, on the Poisoned Princess one).

Well, all eyes don't have to be realistic, I like big anime-ish eyes once in a while.

Where does it start?
I know not...
For I have no heart...
Banned
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 1:14 AM
Pupils grow smaller as people are scared. The idea of this eyeset Gravestone Eyes is that the wearer of the eyes is horrified, intoxicated, and infuriated at what they are seeing, so it makes sense the pupils are small/invisible.

They are not meant to be realistic. Yeah. Sorry for cutting you down Alex (not really, but I have to say that, so yeah). But I can see the pupils in the poisoned princess. It's quite small but it is VISIBLE.

Ok, fine, I stuck my head closer to the screen and stared for a bit, but there IS a black dot. Remember, I made them using YOUR technique and it is YOUR black dot, you told me what the diameter of the dot should be (filling in the black space on the side... center to left or something like that?) but meh.
Banned
#6 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 1:41 AM
OKOKOK... but the Poisoned Princess ones STILL look plain blue and not that great...

They kinda remind me of EstherBella...
Banned
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 5:34 PM Last edited by Torako-Tiger-Girl : 17th Feb 2010 at 9:28 PM.
They're purple... even with my glasses off I can tell what color they are... EstherBella wasn't THAT bad, ok, it just wasn't the greatest. It at least was completely custom content and not a pile of Maxis recolor... I think it's because of the horrible lighting in Bodyshop that it looks bluish also... eww.

by the way, a new one comes along, it's called "Forever Eyes", there are 6 in total, I quite like them, but how do you? They're sparkly... very sparkly... like stars, which I've been quite interested in latley (that is, astrology and stars and things like that). BTW Alex thanks for the original picture (it's the first one, the purple one).

Well here they are, to see their titles look at the grey text after you have fullviewed it in the lower of the white frame. Thanks again for the feedback!
Screenshots
Banned
#8 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 10:12 PM
...I like them! Very much!
Banned
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 10:29 PM
Haha. You've quickly learned how to shut me up about eyes, right?? Just say "...I like them! Very much!" No seriously though... I need to know what I can improve on otherwise I'm just going to submit them, get rejected, and go on even worse probation than I'm already on. Ok, so the kimonos I made a while ago sucked, I have no idea why I tried to upload them, but... meh.

Edit Come on, dosen't anyone other than me have eyes they need to be critiqued?? I thought the point of this thread was to get eyes you people have made critqued by others because the other thread was getting a little longish.
Banned
#10 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 11:37 PM
OkOkOkOk

Well I don't know what you're doing wrong, but you need to make them less manga-like... try making the irises smaller.

Well, here are my irises for one set... they're called Autumn eyes, there are 3 more styles in the whole set, called Seasonal Eyes.
Attached Images

Banned
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 11:35 PM
Hmm... I wanna see them on a sim in BS cos you lost your game, I like these quite a lot but it's very difficult to tell without seeing them on a Sim... so yeah... I know its a pain to start it up but please.

My favorite color seems to be the 2nd one, the gold one

B-b-b-but... my eyes are MAGICAL!!! >:C That's why they look like that!!! And hey, i didn't find the picture, YOU did.
Banned
#12 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 11:47 PM
Yeah. The gold one is my favorite, too

The red and green are ok, too...
Banned
Original Poster
#13 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 11:45 PM
Red and green are CHRISTMAD COLORS!!! which reminds me of chocolate cos I always eat lots of chocolate round Christmas time. Yayyy I like the purple, aqua and blue ones the best... Ardent Amethyst, Austere Aquamarine, and Severe Sapphire.

I just noticed that I have a thing for making phrases like that... remember "Poisoned Princess" and "Austere Aquamarine" sound kind of similar.
Banned
#14 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 12:49 AM
Heh heh...
Yeah. You do think of kinda randomy names like that...

Here's my next set- Winter Eyes!
Attached Images

Forum Resident
#15 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 2:56 AM
Looks nice! Mine look a little off center, but I measured it, it's just an illusion from the shading. I hope.
I hope to have them up soon. I've been taking a break from Simming, so It's a pain to load it up just for pictures. I wish they took BS pics, if you have the lighting mod.
I like them though!

Where does it start?
I know not...
For I have no heart...
Banned
#16 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 3:44 AM
Thanks! Yeah. It sucks that you have to have in-game pics for eyes. Especially since I can't find my game
Forum Resident
#17 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 2:08 PM
LOL

WHAT?? You poor sucker..... Couldn't you buy a more resent EP or something? I don't know how to help. I know how you must feel, one of my old games got stuck in our computer when it crashed. It's still in there. We'd like to get it out, but we don't know how!

you coulds still use body shop pics to show us. It occurred to me, maybe "BS" isn't the best way to say bodyshop.

Where does it start?
I know not...
For I have no heart...
Banned
Original Poster
#18 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 5:27 PM
Yeah... I'm doing the screenshots for her if she wins a contest we're having between us, but if she loses then she has to beg for it from me (or something like that). Heehee. I'm so evil. And by the way... even if she bought a new EP, it probably wouldn't work is she couldn't find the original CD. I don't know myself, I haven't play Sims 2 in a long time (as in game play, not go in, take screenshots, and get out). Please critique my eyes too?

@Ebonova: I like the summer eyes better, the winter ones are a little rough around the edges if that makes any sense to you. Or you might be on vaca already, which sucks cos I'm stuck here alone. Bleh.

@Lovetadraw: well Bodyshop's lighting kind of is BS... so yeah
Alchemist
#19 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 6:05 PM
Ebonova, you are talented!!!!!!!!!

What's love? ♥My ChannelMy Art PageMy DA

There's never an ounce that I breathe
Without thinking about
Who I could have been if you didn't leave
Come Home ~ Eyes Set To Kill
Banned
Original Poster
#20 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 8:36 PM
What happened to me? (looks around) did I die?

And ebonova, can we see them on a Sim? In Bodyshop?

Unless you're in Hawaii already, which means we're not going to get to see it in Bodyshop at all?
Forum Resident
#21 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 8:36 PM
[QUOTE/]@Lovetadraw: well Bodyshop's lighting kind of is BS... so yeah[/QUOTE]

There's an app, I mean mod fiore that. Check YAY EYES!, Vampire ANIyosahala? Shalao? Aninoyaloh? Vampire NINA Gave me a link to it. I use medium brightness I think. It helps a lot! Look for it!

Where does it start?
I know not...
For I have no heart...
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#22 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 8:49 PM
@Torako: Try making them a bit more round and tangent with the bottom eyelid. Also it would help adding a white sparkle at the top of them and maybe drawing some darker lines that come from the pupil =) I like how they look though ^-^

@Alex: Both sets look really nice, but if I had to say something I would make the pupil a bit darker in the Winter ones and define a bit more the edges of the iris. And in the Autumn ones I would do the same with the pupil and.. I think that's it =) Great job!

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Banned
Original Poster
#23 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 9:09 PM
@Nina: oops. I just submitted it. Well do you think it will be OK in the moderation queue or will it get rejected?? I don't wanna go on any more probation than I'm already on I know it's kind of my fault I'm on submission/creation bad list, but, but, but... meh

@Lovetadraw: YAY EYES! ok! I will go and look for that now... I don't find it that hard to spell. I think Alex told me about it too and I loked around but wasn't really interested. Will look again.
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#24 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 9:48 PM
What I told you are just small changes, so I think they wouldn't make them really different, so IMO it'll be ok for them =)

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Forum Resident
#25 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 10:49 PM
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=220884

Here it is, brighter BS

Where does it start?
I know not...
For I have no heart...

Page 1 of 12