Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Zerbu's Ultimate Careers Updated (29/05/22)

by SonyaYU Posted 21st Jun 2021 at 11:41 AM - Updated 8th Oct 2023 at 11:58 AM by SonyaYU

207 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 172 Feedback Posts, 34 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 9
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#76 Old 25th Nov 2021 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PrincessSim
Sonya, WOW thank you SO much for this. I was bummed when Zerbu moved on to Sims 4, esp since Sims 3 is by far the best game in the series, hehe. Anyways, I have some questions, suggestions:

1. I've always wanted to have a high school mod that had the students listen to lectures, take notes & sit at their desks. Similar to my experience, lol, a mini-Sims 3 University experience, if you will. I tried to have them listen to a lecturer, but they couldn't go to their desks. It would be cool to integrate that functionality, somehow, but I know that could be outside of the scope since this mod encourages sims and object interactions.

2. I was reading through the notes and was interested in setting up a cook at the school. I get the concept of manually adding a Sim, would it be a Sim w/ a Culinary career or an unemployed one? I'd be doing this w/ the Ani Business as Unusual oven somehow, I imagine, but I'm not too sure how to do this.

Thanks!

1. I've actually done that in a version which isn't out yet it isn't as neat as EAs Uni lecture since they made it into a situation with several linked interactions while mine is just a hacky interaction with a slightly funny-looking animation loop for teens+ (and only sitting for kids). I hope eventually I'll be able to make it look and play a little cooler.

2. You absolutely can do that. Just find a culinary sim you want, add them to the school with "add manual sims" option and then with ani's oven create a shift for them and enable. They will change into their career level's uniform and gain performance from working the oven during their work hours, the only 'issue' is that the oven mod doesn't include days off so it will teleport the sim every day (their career performance shouldn't change on days off since UC shouldn't be active then).
Field Researcher
#77 Old 25th Nov 2021 at 10:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SonyaYU
1. I've actually done that in a version which isn't out yet it isn't as neat as EAs Uni lecture since they made it into a situation with several linked interactions while mine is just a hacky interaction with a slightly funny-looking animation loop for teens+ (and only sitting for kids). I hope eventually I'll be able to make it look and play a little cooler.

2. You absolutely can do that. Just find a culinary sim you want, add them to the school with "add manual sims" option and then with ani's oven create a shift for them and enable. They will change into their career level's uniform and gain performance from working the oven during their work hours, the only 'issue' is that the oven mod doesn't include days off so it will teleport the sim every day (their career performance shouldn't change on days off since UC shouldn't be active then).

Well, at least we got this .
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#78 Old 26th Nov 2021 at 1:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by csg5vbe3argf
Well, at least we got this .

Oh, I wasn't actually familiar with these mods. What my upcoming version does though is add an additional interaction to make a lecture-lookalike for school.
Field Researcher
#79 Old 26th Nov 2021 at 3:57 AM Last edited by csg5vbe3argf : 26th Nov 2021 at 5:11 AM.
Oh, I wasn't actually familiar with these mods. What my upcoming version does though is add an additional interaction to make a lecture-lookalike for school.

Oh, ok, cool.
Well, the link isn't the mod, it is the community lot that has University rabbit hole rugs in it.
So, it is basically "Home World University" community lot.

Additions:
Oh yeah, I was wondering something about whether it is possible or not.
Since the Elementary/High School can be open in the Ultimate Career, can the same thing happen to the University?
I know posted the Homeworld University lot link, but it's the sim would be only use rabbithole, not like open like Ultimate Career lot?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#80 Old 26th Nov 2021 at 11:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by csg5vbe3argf
Oh, ok, cool.
Well, the link isn't the mod, it is the community lot that has University rabbit hole rugs in it.
So, it is basically "Home World University" community lot.

Additions:
Oh yeah, I was wondering something about whether it is possible or not.
Since the Elementary/High School can be open in the Ultimate Career, can the same thing happen to the University?
I know posted the Homeworld University lot link, but it's the sim would be only use rabbithole, not like open like Ultimate Career lot?

You mean like having all the classes open and not just whatever happens at the place assigned as Student Union?
The "academic career" (i.e. being a student) is considered a kind of active career by the game with some activities happening inside rabbitholes, but I do think a system very similar to UC would work to make it fully open, it'd just need a new system written for it in particular.
Field Researcher
#81 Old 29th Nov 2021 at 4:18 AM
You mean like having all the classes open and not just whatever happens at the place assigned as Student Union?
The "academic career" (i.e. being a student) is considered a kind of active career by the game with some activities happening inside rabbitholes, but I do think a system very similar to UC would work to make it fully open, it'd just need a new system written for it in particular.
Yes, just like other UC Open Careers.
Oh, ok.
Test Subject
#82 Old 29th Nov 2021 at 6:54 AM

WHAT!??! OMG! I would DIE if you worked on it again! I am currently using a mod that allows for...let's say more adult situations, but I'm really only interested in its open school concept. It's unstable though and introduces adult situations haphazardly and at random, which is so off-putting.

Would you perhaps accept donations or have a Patreon of any sort? I would love to generously contribute because I would love to see this get done. Or even just as thanks for this mod, really.

And thank you for explaining how to do the cooks in school! I think I'll be taking advantage of it.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#83 Old 22nd Dec 2021 at 3:01 AM
Thanks for your work!! Zerbu's mod is amazing, But I think people work too hard in this mod. In fact, I hope sometimes they can take a break from their work, go for a coffee or chat with colleagues. That will be more realistic. By the way, could you please tell me how to use Zerbu Lot Events? I never understood it.
Test Subject
#84 Old 3rd Jan 2022 at 7:11 PM
I have a dumb question. I can't find how to add the fortune-telling career path on the pie menu and did I miss something? Am I doing this wrong?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#85 Old 3rd Jan 2022 at 7:18 PM
Cursed myself by asking. Got it!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#86 Old 7th Jan 2022 at 1:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PrincessSim
WHAT!??! OMG! I would DIE if you worked on it again! I am currently using a mod that allows for...let's say more adult situations, but I'm really only interested in its open school concept. It's unstable though and introduces adult situations haphazardly and at random, which is so off-putting.

Would you perhaps accept donations or have a Patreon of any sort? I would love to generously contribute because I would love to see this get done. Or even just as thanks for this mod, really.

And thank you for explaining how to do the cooks in school! I think I'll be taking advantage of it.

Still working on it, I'm just being a bit slow these days

I am a mod hoarder and even I don't have KW Too much trouble for too many things that would also be offputting. I don't even have teen pregnancies enabled in my game even though that seems to be a really popular thing with people (all these runaway pregnant teen 100 baby legacy challenges oh no! ). But it does sound tempting to take a look at some of the ideas Oniki has implemented into their mod since a lot of it is kinda unique.

Aww that's so cute. The idea of getting some money for having fun and modding a game also sounds reallyyyy tempting although I also feel awkward about it since I feel there are much more talented modders who deserve it a lot more than me. It is something to have in the back of my mind though.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#87 Old 7th Jan 2022 at 1:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HKnowles
Thanks for your work!! Zerbu's mod is amazing, But I think people work too hard in this mod. In fact, I hope sometimes they can take a break from their work, go for a coffee or chat with colleagues. That will be more realistic. By the way, could you please tell me how to use Zerbu Lot Events? I never understood it.

Hi, thanks for checking out this version.
A kind of a future plan I had was to create some slightly different conditions for when Sims would slack off, they still can do it but it is pretty unlikely that they will, depending on their mood.

Here's a link to Zerbu's original page, since I didn't really change it beyond making it compatible with UC's renamed dll: http://zerbu.blogspot.com/2014/01/l...version-v2.html

I think you need to have BuyDebug enabled in order to find the lot events marker, and from there, when you have it on your lot it will work similarly to seasonal event markers in that you can create different 'states' for your lot where depending on your settings you can have different objects than usual, set the time and give a name to your 'event' and choose the type of sim who will be advertised to visit the lot. So for example, if you wish, you can make it so that every Friday your sims can have an 'office party' so you can give them drinks and party objects which will only spawn on fridays and sims of the specified career should be pushed to attend the event. You can also use it to filter sims by skill or age etc.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#88 Old 7th Jan 2022 at 1:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Erynn
I have a dumb question. I can't find how to add the fortune-telling career path on the pie menu and did I miss something? Am I doing this wrong?

I have a gorillion careers so seeing things in the pie menu can be a nightmare. That's why I am trying to rework it into a picker menu
Mad Poster
#89 Old 17th Jan 2022 at 9:10 PM
Can something be done to Law Enforcement, so it has more base game options? Active Sim doesn't autonomously use their own logic skill book (as the bookshelves don't provide any) or practice writing.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 22nd Jan 2022 at 8:16 AM
Hi, thanks for checking out this version.
A kind of a future plan I had was to create some slightly different conditions for when Sims would slack off, they still can do it but it is pretty unlikely that they will, depending on their mood.

Here's a link to Zerbu's original page, since I didn't really change it beyond making it compatible with UC's renamed dll: http://zerbu.blogspot.com/2014/01/l...version-v2.html

I think you need to have BuyDebug enabled in order to find the lot events marker, and from there, when you have it on your lot it will work similarly to seasonal event markers in that you can create different 'states' for your lot where depending on your settings you can have different objects than usual, set the time and give a name to your 'event' and choose the type of sim who will be advertised to visit the lot. So for example, if you wish, you can make it so that every Friday your sims can have an 'office party' so you can give them drinks and party objects which will only spawn on fridays and sims of the specified career should be pushed to attend the event. You can also use it to filter sims by skill or age etc.

Thank you so much! But could you please tell me what objects are needed for each job?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#91 Old 1st Feb 2022 at 10:01 PM Last edited by fwookies : 1st Feb 2022 at 11:37 PM.
Wow!! Thank you soooo much for everything you've done here!
Edit: So I just read through your gameplay tips/insights section (which I hadn't yet seen when I first commented ) and I had to come back and add much more "oomph" to my thank-you, because wow, what you have accomplished is truly spectacular. I'm even more blown away than I already was! You have added everything I can think of that I wanted to be able to do with the original and I'm so excited to give it a try. Thank you (you and all those involved!) again for all your hard work. And also, I hope you're doing okay IRL!
Test Subject
#92 Old 7th Feb 2022 at 7:13 AM Last edited by led_bet : 8th Feb 2022 at 7:42 AM.
This looks like such a rad mod! Unfortunately I'm running into an issue that prevents it from functioning. I have the science career set up to be an open career, but my sim just stands and does nothing when Ultimate Careers enters their action queue. The Ultimate Careers action flickers repeatedly, as if its being cancelled and re-added multiple times a second. I've removed all of the mods in my game except for this one just to see if there's any conflicts, but the problem persists. Any possible solutions are appreciated!

Edit:
Started a new save file in Sunset Valley & the mod works fine. Seems like existing saves (or perhaps Apaloosa Plains) can possibly cause issues with using Ultimate Careers. I'm curious, is there a way to take time off or call in sick with this mod? The options are grayed out on the sim's phone. I also notice that choosing to "go to work" on my sim's car is grayed out also, but they still route to work automatically, so that's not an issue. This is an amazing mod, well done!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#93 Old 9th Feb 2022 at 12:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Can something be done to Law Enforcement, so it has more base game options? Active Sim doesn't autonomously use their own logic skill book (as the bookshelves don't provide any) or practice writing.

I'll look into it more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#94 Old 9th Feb 2022 at 12:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HKnowles
Thank you so much! But could you please tell me what objects are needed for each job?

Working on adding a list in the game's Lessons page, would you mind telling me which careers in particular you're interested in?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#95 Old 9th Feb 2022 at 12:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fwookies
Wow!! Thank you soooo much for everything you've done here!
Edit: So I just read through your gameplay tips/insights section (which I hadn't yet seen when I first commented ) and I had to come back and add much more "oomph" to my thank-you, because wow, what you have accomplished is truly spectacular. I'm even more blown away than I already was! You have added everything I can think of that I wanted to be able to do with the original and I'm so excited to give it a try. Thank you (you and all those involved!) again for all your hard work. And also, I hope you're doing okay IRL!

Thank you so much for the kind words :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#96 Old 9th Feb 2022 at 12:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by led_bet
This looks like such a rad mod! Unfortunately I'm running into an issue that prevents it from functioning. I have the science career set up to be an open career, but my sim just stands and does nothing when Ultimate Careers enters their action queue. The Ultimate Careers action flickers repeatedly, as if its being cancelled and re-added multiple times a second. I've removed all of the mods in my game except for this one just to see if there's any conflicts, but the problem persists. Any possible solutions are appreciated!

Edit:
Started a new save file in Sunset Valley & the mod works fine. Seems like existing saves (or perhaps Apaloosa Plains) can possibly cause issues with using Ultimate Careers. I'm curious, is there a way to take time off or call in sick with this mod? The options are grayed out on the sim's phone. I also notice that choosing to "go to work" on my sim's car is grayed out also, but they still route to work automatically, so that's not an issue. This is an amazing mod, well done!

Hi! Some of the limitations you can see in Zerbu's description, like not being able to click on the "go to work" button in the Career panel since the mod gives them a "fake day off". I'm sure there could be a way to change this but I haven't really looked into it and it may be kind of difficult.
You should still be able to call in sick if you do so more than 2 hours before work starts (because of that "fake day off).
It should work alright on existing saves, maybe there is some routing issue that blocks usable objects from them? I remember that happening before with one tester. The flickery interaction tends to mean it's trying to find something to add but fails to.
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 22nd Mar 2022 at 4:36 PM
Working on adding a list in the game's Lessons page, would you mind telling me which careers in particular you're interested in?

I'm interested in many careers! If you could add a complete list in the game's lesson, I think it will help a lot of people!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#98 Old 2nd Apr 2022 at 10:17 AM
Sonya my sims are making an insane amount of coffee on every lot that has a coffee maker, during their work hours! I don't know if it's a feature of the mod, but because they do it while they're working, I imagine it is. And by absurd I mean: Making coffee to infinity and beyond, until it fills all the tables or countertops on the lot Haha I don't know if there's a solution for that, is there? xD
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#99 Old 2nd Apr 2022 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by boringbones
Sonya my sims are making an insane amount of coffee on every lot that has a coffee maker, during their work hours! I don't know if it's a feature of the mod, but because they do it while they're working, I imagine it is. And by absurd I mean: Making coffee to infinity and beyond, until it fills all the tables or countertops on the lot Haha I don't know if there's a solution for that, is there? xD

Could it be that you have a custom career that hasn't been linked to an existing career type (city hall - sonjawhatever - set career type), so since the mod doesn't know what else to do, defaults to slackoff, finds the coffee maker and not much else and keeps adding it?
I've seen that happen before.
In the (now long overdue) update I am working on they will have more to do when slacking off.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#100 Old 11th May 2022 at 1:48 AM
Thank you so much for the mod
Page 4 of 9