Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Zerbu's Ultimate Careers Updated (29/05/22)

by SonyaYU Posted 21st Jun 2021 at 11:41 AM - Updated 8th Oct 2023 at 11:58 AM by SonyaYU

207 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 172 Feedback Posts, 34 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 9
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#101 Old 11th May 2022 at 1:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Alicebv2000
Thank you so much for the mod

Just in time for a new update
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#102 Old 11th May 2022 at 11:07 AM
Oh wow! Thank you for the update and making the functionality compatible with my mods! That's so exciting And you've added so many cool features, can't wait to try them out!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#103 Old 12th May 2022 at 1:11 PM
Is the "listen to lecture" sitting at the desks autonomous? It would be nice to have all my teen sims sitting down in the class. Or would you recommend that I only place the desks, chairs, white board with a teacher assigned to the building and hope for the best lol

Edit: I can always just playtest and report back as when you mentioned this was going to be in the next update a couple months ago a lot of discord buddies got super excited about it! So I will playtest later today if you haven't answered by then and let other's know cuz that listen to lecture university life play is a super game changer! I had something like that with kinky world which made my highschool playthrough's like REALLY immersive, but it came with some questionable features I couldn't exactly turn off that ruined the experience for me in the long run (like teacher's hitting on student's, cheaty sleeping with teachers to get an automatic A, and a pedo principal who also is the town peeping tom).
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#104 Old 12th May 2022 at 1:21 PM
Thanks for not giving up on sims 3. It’s the best sims game to me! Love your mod and thanks for continuing adding more awesomeness!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#105 Old 12th May 2022 at 5:59 PM
hello. please tell me if the version of the game can affect this mod?
my game crashes as soon as a sim gets a job in the place that I assigned for a career mod. And in the previous version of your update it was the same. My game version is 1.63.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#106 Old 14th May 2022 at 2:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PJSims
Oh wow! Thank you for the update and making the functionality compatible with my mods! That's so exciting And you've added so many cool features, can't wait to try them out!

Hey, thanks for making these mods, too, they go together perfectly!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#107 Old 14th May 2022 at 2:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DeepaHadodocru
Is the "listen to lecture" sitting at the desks autonomous? It would be nice to have all my teen sims sitting down in the class. Or would you recommend that I only place the desks, chairs, white board with a teacher assigned to the building and hope for the best lol

Edit: I can always just playtest and report back as when you mentioned this was going to be in the next update a couple months ago a lot of discord buddies got super excited about it! So I will playtest later today if you haven't answered by then and let other's know cuz that listen to lecture university life play is a super game changer! I had something like that with kinky world which made my highschool playthrough's like REALLY immersive, but it came with some questionable features I couldn't exactly turn off that ruined the experience for me in the long run (like teacher's hitting on student's, cheaty sleeping with teachers to get an automatic A, and a pedo principal who also is the town peeping tom).

Wow, that sounds like those cringy teenage dramas! I can see it being for some people who find that kind of drama fun, but I agree, it doesn't really suit my playstyle either.

They are autonomous, although I'd kinda like to see them more often, I've tweaked it a bit so they might do now. Fewer distractions (or time-restricting certain rooms with GoHere) would make it more popular. I also just tried, in the latest mini-hotfix) to prevent EA's standard (stand there and stare) interaction of forcing itself into the queue so that they'll be more free to use mine.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#108 Old 14th May 2022 at 2:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aqte
Thanks for not giving up on sims 3. It’s the best sims game to me! Love your mod and thanks for continuing adding more awesomeness!!!

It totally is the best! So much potential.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#109 Old 14th May 2022 at 2:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nessysims
hello. please tell me if the version of the game can affect this mod?
my game crashes as soon as a sim gets a job in the place that I assigned for a career mod. And in the previous version of your update it was the same. My game version is 1.63.

Hmm, 1.63 isn't *that* old but mine is compiled against 1.67 so it could be. Interesting though that it crashes at sims getting a job. Perhaps you could try running the game in a new save with just this mod in (or a very light load order) and see if it still crashes.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#110 Old 15th May 2022 at 9:11 PM
I installed this mod on a new save, I delete my caches every time I open the game up, can confirm the previous crash notice. Not sure what it could possibly conflicting with, but as soon as my sim is sent to work or school the game crashes immediately on the dot. So for the highschool lot, all my teen sims are to get on the bus at 8 am, well the game crashes at exactly 8 am. I've started a new save (with deleted caches) at least 5 times before reporting back.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#111 Old 15th May 2022 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mookymilk
I installed this mod on a new save, I delete my caches every time I open the game up, can confirm the previous crash notice. Not sure what it could possibly conflicting with, but as soon as my sim is sent to work or school the game crashes immediately on the dot. So for the highschool lot, all my teen sims are to get on the bus at 8 am, well the game crashes at exactly 8 am. I've started a new save (with deleted caches) at least 5 times before reporting back.

Hi. Are you also on the patch 1.63 as in the previous report? Does it happen with sims that should go into UC career/school or those that still use rabbitholes? Do you have nraas errortrap or any script error logs?
Lab Assistant
#112 Old 16th May 2022 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SonyaYU
Hi. Are you also on the patch 1.63 as in the previous report? Does it happen with sims that should go into UC career/school or those that still use rabbitholes? Do you have nraas errortrap or any script error logs?

I'm on 1.69.43, the latest version available through origin. Second question is confusing, if I use this mod to link the career to the building they wouldn't go into the rabbit hole. However, they don't even get to the building for me to see. It's the time that is assigned to the career where my crash is repeatable. I do have error trap, how would you like me to show you the script error log?

Edit: I could also upload a video unlisted/private on youtube and show you what happens as well so maybe you could have a better idea of what could be going on. Only if it'll help you though, thank you for getting back to me!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#113 Old 16th May 2022 at 12:04 AM
Is it possible to upload the previous version of this mod until this gets fixed? Sorry if it's inconvenient I would just want to play with the previous version until I or you or the community can figure out the crash, I didn't get crashes on the previous version related to time.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#114 Old 16th May 2022 at 1:25 AM
I'm on 1.69.43, the latest version available through origin. Second question is confusing, if I use this mod to link the career to the building they wouldn't go into the rabbit hole. However, they don't even get to the building for me to see. It's the time that is assigned to the career where my crash is repeatable. I do have error trap, how would you like me to show you the script error log?

Edit: I could also upload a video unlisted/private on youtube and show you what happens as well so maybe you could have a better idea of what could be going on. Only if it'll help you though, thank you for getting back to me!

Ok, seeing a video would probably help.
Just to make sure, could you check if you may have two files of my mod installed twice or, if you got the opportunities module, do you have ani's job board installed, too? I use nraas dependencies for compiling the mod so it should not have issues with newer patch levels. The only crash I cnuld reproduce would be if opportunities module was loaded without ani's job board (but in that case, game should crash on startup).
Did the previous version from here worked fine?
Lab Assistant
#115 Old 16th May 2022 at 2:10 AM
Ok, seeing a video would probably help.
Just to make sure, could you check if you may have two files of my mod installed twice or, if you got the opportunities module, do you have ani's job board installed, too? I use nraas dependencies for compiling the mod so it should not have issues with newer patch levels. The only crash I cnuld reproduce would be if opportunities module was loaded without ani's job board (but in that case, game should crash on startup).
Did the previous version from here worked fine?

Yes, the previous version worked fine, it was just for some reason, if I built another lot and switched careers (like for instance an updated/better school lot) there would be a crash from the day after when those sims should be sent to that new lot (essentially transferring career locations). So to work around that, I didn't mess with any lots I've already linked careers to. I just built the lots I wanted the first time around on a new save. I just checked my mod files, just in case, and I do not have 2 files. I did get the opportunities module because I have ani's job board already installed. I will have to work on that video and show you what has been going on.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#116 Old 16th May 2022 at 3:03 AM Last edited by SonyaYU : 16th May 2022 at 11:45 AM.
Yes, the previous version worked fine, it was just for some reason, if I built another lot and switched careers (like for instance an updated/better school lot) there would be a crash from the day after when those sims should be sent to that new lot (essentially transferring career locations). So to work around that, I didn't mess with any lots I've already linked careers to. I just built the lots I wanted the first time around on a new save. I just checked my mod files, just in case, and I do not have 2 files. I did get the opportunities module because I have ani's job board already installed. I will have to work on that video and show you what has been going on.

Ok, you can post a per-invite link here, I'll check it out so I can see how I can help you. One thing I could think is to check ram usage before the crash. The other problem is also not something that should be happening and I nor people who playtested for me haven't experienced, so it seems very particular. I am on patch 1.67 since I don't use origin (but think that at least some of my testers do) and use a -tonne- of mods, so a mod conflict should be very unlikely.
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 16th May 2022 at 9:52 PM
Ok, you can post a per-invite link here, I'll check it out so I can see how I can help you. One thing I could think is to check ram usage before the crash. The other problem is also not something that should be happening and I nor people who playtested for me haven't experienced, so it seems very particular. I am on patch 1.67 since I don't use origin (but think that at least some of my testers do) and use a -tonne- of mods, so a mod conflict should be very unlikely.

So I likely may have found the culprit, I updated to the latest Battery Util Vers. 1.038, and even without your mod installed (and deleting caches), I experienced crashes upon sims being sent to work and school. So I took out battery util and all it's mod dependencies, including yours, to playtest now. For some reason that last update caused crashes upon loading the game as well so I reverted back to it's previous version where I had no such issues. But then that was probably an outdated version to your then updated mod from that point which could have possibly caused the crash with the lot situation.
Lab Assistant
#118 Old 17th May 2022 at 4:56 AM
Default Previous Version 1.2.2
Here is a Previous version 1.2.2

About the new update, 2.2, Sims in political no longer use Podium, Sims in Journalism no longer use Station Radio, and Sims focus more often to chat or sitting instead of working. But thanks for updated it, some would prefer this way, Some not.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  MTS_SonyaYU_2025721_Sonjas_UltimateCareersRework_1_2_2.7z (49.8 KB, 29 downloads)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#119 Old 18th May 2022 at 12:29 PM
So I likely may have found the culprit, I updated to the latest Battery Util Vers. 1.038, and even without your mod installed (and deleting caches), I experienced crashes upon sims being sent to work and school. So I took out battery util and all it's mod dependencies, including yours, to playtest now. For some reason that last update caused crashes upon loading the game as well so I reverted back to it's previous version where I had no such issues. But then that was probably an outdated version to your then updated mod from that point which could have possibly caused the crash with the lot situation.

My mod doesn't reference the utility directly so it can run without it, but then it would not be tunable. It should work with older versions of it though, so maybe it could be another mod that wants new utility but just happens to crash when sims get a job? Curious to hear more of your investigation.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#120 Old 18th May 2022 at 12:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SecretX
Here is a Previous version 1.2.2

About the new update, 2.2, Sims in political no longer use Podium, Sims in Journalism no longer use Station Radio, and Sims focus more often to chat or sitting instead of working. But thanks for updated it, some would prefer this way, Some not.

Oh no the journalism and politics situation is definitely not intended behaviour, I'll look into that. Slacking off shouldn't be too spammy if their mood is good, but I did consider making the treshold of "bad mood" a little higher so they don't slack off because they haven't had their 50th essential meal today.

Thanks for the strings, if you could also make them for the current ver, I'll be happy to include them into the mod so people can enjoy it translated!
Lab Assistant
#121 Old 18th May 2022 at 9:05 PM
My mod doesn't reference the utility directly so it can run without it, but then it would not be tunable. It should work with older versions of it though, so maybe it could be another mod that wants new utility but just happens to crash when sims get a job? Curious to hear more of your investigation.

I started over from scratch and went back to the drawing board. It had nothing to do with mods, I placed a test options.ini file in my documents folder and forgot to replace it. I was testing aging to increase lifespans and that is what caused the crash at 8 am. I'm guessing time and age play a big factor (ba bum) in how the game calculates aging. So carry on, I figured I should put my noggin together and figure this out myself before having you check it out. Thank you again for the willingness to do so!
Lab Assistant
#122 Old 19th May 2022 at 7:37 AM
Oh no the journalism and politics situation is definitely not intended behaviour, I'll look into that. Slacking off shouldn't be too spammy if their mood is good, but I did consider making the treshold of "bad mood" a little higher so they don't slack off because they haven't had their 50th essential meal today.

Thanks for the strings, if you could also make them for the current ver, I'll be happy to include them into the mod so people can enjoy it translated!

Here is a French translation of your mod, I just put the FR-STRING only, to include in your futur updated package
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#123 Old 20th May 2022 at 2:03 PM
Hello, I love this rework. I have used the ultimate career's since I found it. I love this update. I do have a question. I am wanting to make a new career "Daycare" I hate the one that came with EA but I am wondering if there is a way that will allow the Updated Ultimate Career you did to allow "Toddlers and Children" as added sims. I want to use this mod so that I can add the toddlers to the lot automatically. Is it possible to do that with this mod?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#124 Old 25th May 2022 at 9:20 PM
Oh, I don't know how to express my feelings, you are really amazing! I am translating this mod, but some of the objects and interactions mentioned in your tutorial are from other mods, and I don't know what them are, where they are from. Could you please arrange your list in the order of "EA's objects" / "EA's interactions" / "mods' objects" / "mods' interactions"?
Lab Assistant
#125 Old 26th May 2022 at 12:57 AM
Default Report Back
Hi @SonyaYU,
I hope you're good, I've tested your current update on a Existed Save and New save, deleted caches files, but unfortunately nothing changes, Sims in Politics still not allowed to use Podium anymore, and about journalist it's same for the Radio Station :/
However on the previous version (1.2.2) everything works like a charm.
Maybe the fact u added mods in your SonyaYU mod such flotheory mod sitting or else, could cause that issue, Or the fact u edit the podium to give lecture could cause that, it s just a speculation since I have no idea. But Thank you for checked it , hopefully it will works for me in futur like on the previous version (1.2.2)
Page 5 of 9