Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th May 2015 at 1:23 AM
Default The Witcher 3
Coming out on Tuesday.

The last trailer - not for the susceptible.

This is supposed to be an in-game scene. If this is true - and I guess it is - this will really be a RPG like very few others. It seems to do what, at least for me, no RPG since Morrowind did: it grabs you and throws you all over the place. And I am not talking about fighting, although this is probably great as well.

Four more days.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th May 2015 at 10:43 AM
I think I'm going to get it but I'm not hanging on the release date - I still have a backlog.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
#3 Old 16th May 2015 at 12:32 AM
I'll also get it.
Got some hype !!
Inventor
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th May 2015 at 3:00 AM
Finally (RL/work interfering once more) I got the game (DVDs) and installed it (an hour and a half job - good grief!); had a problem with "day one" patch (I have games on D drive), solved it, got my freebies.

After all of this I only managed to play for a couple of hours, so for now, just a very quick first impression. Graphics are superb, of course, but with all the wonders you can admire in the landscape or in your immediate surroundings, I was by far most impressed by faces. This game is not afraid of close-ups - quite the contrary, and rightfully so: every little detail, every expression feels perfect. For the very first time in any game I felt I was looking at real people, and listening to them too - voice acting is excellent. New benchmark was set here and it will be very hard for others to achieve, let alone surpass it.

I can't say much about gameplay yet; it does feel more fluent than in older Witcher games. And the game does grab and shake you. How much, still remains to be experienced.
Test Subject
#5 Old 28th Mar 2020 at 11:10 AM
this is still the best game i ever played still playing