Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#101 Old 21st Sep 2019 at 5:41 PM
I just tried it again but still no luck.

View all My Sims 4 Creations here https://kiarasimsfourmods.home.blog/

Patreon here www.patreon.com/kiarasims4mods

KiaraSims4Mods Discord - https://discord.com/invite/TykFPkY
Advertisement
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
Original Poster
#102 Old 27th Oct 2019 at 7:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xbella12
After I install python, for some reason my pychache folder just doesn't show up. Can anyone help?

I'm so sorry I haven't seen this until now. Unless you've gotten your answer, I recommend contacting Neia, the creator of the tool, for technical issues on the contact page she provides for the forum
Field Researcher
#103 Old 1st Nov 2019 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MoozyFoozy
The University semester started and I haven't been able to transfer everything yet.

I've made some careers using MCCC. I like it, I am going to see if the PTO option works. I know it takes like a few days of work to kick in.

Also I understand, I am in Grad school errr.

Field Researcher
#104 Old 10th Nov 2019 at 4:26 PM
So far I have not seen PTO with my mods creating using MCCC. I also have not been able to update join career text, anyone else?

Test Subject
#105 Old 15th Nov 2019 at 11:40 PM
This is awesome, thanks!
Test Subject
#106 Old 21st Mar 2020 at 3:07 PM
I just updated several career mods with no difficulty, but with one, when I import into cmd the complied python file does not show up in _pycache_. I don't know what I am doing wrong if all the others went smoothly and I'm doing the exact steps from the tutorial. Help!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#107 Old 25th Mar 2020 at 1:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Coffeeaddict05
I just updated several career mods with no difficulty, but with one, when I import into cmd the complied python file does not show up in _pycache_. I don't know what I am doing wrong if all the others went smoothly and I'm doing the exact steps from the tutorial. Help!
I'm having a similar issue and am looking for a solution. I will post once I get it figured out
retired moderator
Original Poster
#108 Old 25th Mar 2020 at 1:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Coffeeaddict05

Okay that was fast.   Instead of going through cmd to get python started, click on the python.exe file in your Python folder, then import the .py file again. Mine showed up immediately. I hope this works for you! 
retired moderator
Original Poster
#109 Old 25th Mar 2020 at 3:47 PM
I am currently having issues with my own custom careers where my sims won't go to work. I have contacted Neia for a possible solution on the CAC tool forum.
Test Subject
#110 Old 1st Apr 2020 at 7:29 PM
I'm getting stuck at the Python step. It doesn't let me import my .py file (Baveigar_Careers_ClinicalPsychologist, a Python file) into either cmd or Python. I type "import Baveigar_Careers_ClinicalPsychologist.py" without quotations and it doesn't recognize it. That .py file is currently in a different folder on the computer. In my _pycache_ folder I do see "Baveigar_Careers_ClinicalPsychologist.cpython-37" but no .pyo file at the end. What am I doing wrong?
Test Subject
#111 Old 4th Apr 2020 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simmiller
I am currently having issues with my own custom careers where my sims won't go to work. I have contacted Neia for a possible solution on the CAC tool forum.

That worked!!! Thank you so very much!!
Test Subject
#112 Old 5th Apr 2020 at 10:53 AM
hi, i have a problem. since yesterday the career builder has dubbed me the main career in one branch, if I modify the branch or the main career the other one changes and vice versa. If I deleted one of branch , It deleted also the main.

also testing the career in the game I can not choose the various branches but only the main career automatically takes me.

I'm sorry because I had created a career with 5 branches :'( andi I don't want to reacreat it if it is possible.
Test Subject
#113 Old 12th Apr 2020 at 12:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by phebe86
hi, i have a problem. since yesterday the career builder has dubbed me the main career in one branch, if I modify the branch or the main career the other one changes and vice versa. If I deleted one of branch , It deleted also the main.

also testing the career in the game I can not choose the various branches but only the main career automatically takes me.

I'm sorry because I had created a career with 5 branches :'( andi I don't want to reacreat it if it is possible.

Hey! I was experiencing the same problem since the last patch update (7/4/2020). No matter what I did, things would get messed up. I had to recreate everything, like a new career altogether. But before you do, be sure to save all the descriptions you have in a word doc. That way you can just copy/paste everything, without having to rewrite them. As for the other details (work hours, objectives etc.) you'll have to re-do them.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#114 Old 30th Apr 2020 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by phebe86

This sounds like you need to ask Neia, the creator of the tool. I'm not aware of any problems like this right now, but I've been off dealing with some real life issues recently. As mentioned, it would definitely be a good idea to save the descriptions you want to use in a document, and redo the career, tbh. Best of luck! 
retired moderator
Original Poster
#115 Old 30th Apr 2020 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by baveigar
I'm getting stuck at the Python step. It doesn't let me import my .py file (Baveigar_Careers_ClinicalPsychologist, a Python file) into either cmd or Python. I type "import Baveigar_Careers_ClinicalPsychologist.py" without quotations and it doesn't recognize it. That .py file is currently in a different folder on the computer. In my _pycache_ folder I do see "Baveigar_Careers_ClinicalPsychologist.cpython-37" but no .pyo file at the end. What am I doing wrong?
I don't think you're doing anything wrong, I think maybe you don't have the extension view on in your folders. This might help, if that's the issue: https://fileinfo.com/help/windows_1...file_extensions

Please let me know if that doesn't help, so I can try to assist you further, if necessary! 
Test Subject
#116 Old 3rd May 2020 at 1:38 PM
Hey Guys,
First of all good job on the mod!
I followed through to the end, and my mod shows up in the sims with everything correctly except for the text descriptions.
Any Idea how to help?

using Conda with python 3.5
the import exception I get is :
"ImportError: No module named 'sims'" (I imagine this is correct since sims is not a standard python package)

Edit: even when running python -O I still get a .pyc file
retired moderator
Original Poster
#117 Old 19th Jun 2020 at 4:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ealonso1995
Hey Guys,
First of all good job on the mod!
I followed through to the end, and my mod shows up in the sims with everything correctly except for the text descriptions.
Any Idea how to help?

using Conda with python 3.5
the import exception I get is :
"ImportError: No module named 'sims'" (I imagine this is correct since sims is not a standard python package)

Edit: even when running python -O I still get a .pyc file
Hello! Thank you for your kind words :lovestruc Please let me know if this answers your question or not.

Unless I am misunderstanding, you are supposed to get a .pyc file in the python folder as per this update in the tutorial, and the following step: 

14JAN19 -- .pyo will now show up as .pyc when completing the Python portion of the steps, beginning at step 15.
15. Go into your Python location on your computer (ie. C://Python37) where you put your .py file, and go into the folder _pycache_. There should now be a .pyc file in there. Pre-December 2019 this was a .pyo file. If not, go back and redo the actions in steps 13 and 14, paying particular attention to the  at the end of Step 14.
Copy and paste that file to your career location file on your computer. Rename it to remove .cpython-37

Test Subject
#118 Old 19th Jul 2020 at 1:12 PM
Hi, thanks for this. I'm sorry I have a beyond basic question...but what are STBL files? I very obviously haven't a clue I'm just trying to update CC careers whose creators aren't active / haven't updated the careers that I don't want to loose. It's only for personal use.
Test Subject
#119 Old 13th Aug 2020 at 3:43 AM
Default Sims 4 Create career not working
It seems when you go on the website and create the career the screen turns blank. It needs to be updated.

Thanks,

Lucidoll
Test Subject
#120 Old 13th Aug 2020 at 3:44 AM
How do you create careers with the MCCC Mod?
Test Subject
#121 Old 16th Aug 2020 at 8:59 PM
Default Doesn't work
Quote: Originally posted by Simmiller
I don't think you're doing anything wrong, I think maybe you don't have the extension view on in your folders. This might help, if that's the issue: https://fileinfo.com/help/windows_1...file_extensions

Please let me know if that doesn't help, so I can try to assist you further, if necessary! 

I know you replied to this ages ago. I still can't import it. I type "import Baveigar_Careers_ClinicalPsychologist.pyc" or "Baveigar_Careers_ClinicalPsychologist.py" or even "Baveigar_Careers_ClinicalPsychologist.pyo" and it says:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
File "C:\Python37\Baveigar_Careers_ClinicalPsychologist.py", line 2, in <module>
import services
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'services'

What do I do?
Test Subject
#122 Old 31st Aug 2020 at 12:50 PM
Hello everyone, this forum has been very helpful. I have created several careers, however recently the text showing up in titles or descriptions has stopped working and it appears blank. I even created a new career to try and see if the old ones were a problem but the text wasnt showing up for the new one either. Its weird cuz everything else works (they go to work, earn money, the icon shows up and the picture) its just the text in the title of the career and the description that wont show up. Anyone know why this happens/have a possible solution?
Thanks!
Test Subject
#123 Old 5th Sep 2020 at 4:54 PM Last edited by ZanthiatheMystic : 5th Sep 2020 at 5:40 PM.
Hello sorry I've never done anything like this before so I'm a little confused, can anybody help?

I've made a test career, I downloaded s4pe and exported everything from the folder into one file. So far I think I've done everything correctly, but I have no idea what Python is. Where can I download it?

Edit: I'm editing this to call myself an idiot.
Lab Assistant
#124 Old 13th Sep 2020 at 12:09 PM Last edited by Pallies656602 : 14th Sep 2020 at 6:56 PM. Reason: I figured out myself how to add fame gain to an existing custom career. Now i have to figure out how to add an requird degree.
How do you add fame gain and the degree needed for a certain career so you can start on a higher level to a career? Can the create a career tool not be updated so it is possible to do this?
Test Subject
#125 Old 13th Nov 2020 at 7:29 AM
on Windows 10 you can install python3.7 directly from the Microsoft Store: https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9NJ46SX7X90P

If you can't locate your pyc file than just open CMD or Powershell in same folder the your_career_Name.py file is located in then type as followed into CMD or Powershell pressing enter after each line:

python3.7.exe -O
import py_compile
py_compile.compile('your_career_Name.py')

Now there should be a __pycache__ folder located in the same folder as your_career_Name.py containing your pyc file.
Page 5 of 7