Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jul 2020 at 8:04 AM
Default Problems with CC & Store World content in CAW & EIG
So I'm back in the CAW/EIG twilight zone, apparently...

I recently un/reinstalled TS3 and all of the EPs/SPs, as well as several store worlds. I also have about 3 gigs worth of CC from TSR installed via the TSR CC manager. Everything shows up and works in my regular game as it should.

However, in CAW, none of the store world items that you would expect to see in CAW (like trees, plants, monte vista city walls, etc.) are available. Also, none of my TSR CC shows up in EIG (but my MTS and other CC does). I'm slowly losing my mind over this. Something happened, because used to, all of my CC from TSR and elsewhere was available in EIG, and also store world items were accessible in CAW, prior to un/reinstalling TS3.

I have just un/reinstalled CAW and ensured that my CC framework was set up properly - the resources.cfg file and my packages folder. What am I missing here??
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 10th Jul 2020 at 2:01 PM
I remember from Stranda I had to keep struggling over some EA items that kept disappearing each time I opened the world. At some point I forgot about it and even saved the world without items I wanted it to have. It was a mess. I'm not sure what I did each time, but perhaps someone else does.

When it comes to regular CC though, they are not usually meant to be visible in CAW. They have to be fixed in S3PE for that to happen.

You of course has the option to decrapify the items from the store, but you NEED to keep in mind people need the packs from EA to use it, even though it will be visible without. I'm not even sure we can talk about it here. I'm not going to help you do that, you will have to figure it out yourself.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Jul 2020 at 10:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I remember from Stranda I had to keep struggling over some EA items that kept disappearing each time I opened the world. At some point I forgot about it and even saved the world without items I wanted it to have. It was a mess. I'm not sure what I did each time, but perhaps someone else does.

When it comes to regular CC though, they are not usually meant to be visible in CAW. They have to be fixed in S3PE for that to happen.

You of course has the option to decrapify the items from the store, but you NEED to keep in mind people need the packs from EA to use it, even though it will be visible without. I'm not even sure we can talk about it here. I'm not going to help you do that, you will have to figure it out yourself.

I think we may be talking about two different things... I'm not expecting for CC I have installed in the game (like fences, objects, etc.) to show up in CAW metadata. I'm talking about EIG when I go to build on lots in my world. It seems odd that I can access and use the CC from this site and tumblr that I have installed, but NONE (and I mean none) of the CC from TSR which I have installed via the TSR CC Manager.

Also, I realize that most of the world items for store worlds are not CAW enabled by default, but it seems like trees, plants, etc. from those worlds would be?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th Jul 2020 at 11:51 PM
CC from here is packages. TSR uses packs. Not sure if that makes a difference or not in how your game is set up? I have converted everything in my game to packages unless cannot be done, such as a few patterns.

I have CC from TSR that I have converted to packages such as the Murano rejal set and all show up in EIG right now and I am using on lots.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Jul 2020 at 5:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
CC from here is packages. TSR uses packs. Not sure if that makes a difference or not in how your game is set up? I have converted everything in my game to packages unless cannot be done, such as a few patterns.

I have CC from TSR that I have converted to packages such as the Murano rejal set and all show up in EIG right now and I am using on lots.

Hmm. Interesting. I have a VIP membership to TSR and use the CC manager to one-click install stuff... I don't know if that's why. Maybe I'll go through and get my "necessary" items downloaded, convert to packages, and try that. Thanks!
dodgy builder
#6 Old 11th Jul 2020 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Crashley1784
I think we may be talking about two different things... I'm not expecting for CC I have installed in the game (like fences, objects, etc.) to show up in CAW metadata. I'm talking about EIG when I go to build on lots in my world. It seems odd that I can access and use the CC from this site and tumblr that I have installed, but NONE (and I mean none) of the CC from TSR which I have installed via the TSR CC Manager.

Also, I realize that most of the world items for store worlds are not CAW enabled by default, but it seems like trees, plants, etc. from those worlds would be?

Yes, well. You can't build lots in CAW, so it must be EIG I had troubles with.

Quote: Originally posted by daisylee

I have had to tick the box in S3PE to make objects appear in CAW. Some things already had that box ticked though. Sure you haven't done that a lot?

It might be 2 different things though. CAW objects and disappearing world objects in EIG.