Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[Public Beta] The Randomizer Mod - REWORKED!

by Lyralei Posted 16th Jun 2022 at 4:30 PM - Updated 8th Nov 2023 at 12:43 PM by Lyralei

226 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 188 Feedback Posts, 37 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 10
Test Subject
#126 Old 18th Jul 2022 at 11:04 PM
Hello !! I wanted to ask if there's a way to force my sim to get sick? I want my sim to get pneumonia lol.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#127 Old 19th Jul 2022 at 3:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by puppywuv
Hello !! I wanted to ask if there's a way to force my sim to get sick? I want my sim to get pneumonia lol.

Lol, there is! but it does require nraas to add it though. See: https://www.nraas.net/community/Mas...ons#Add-Moodlet

Then you simply look for the pneumonia moodlet and voila!
Test Subject
#128 Old 20th Jul 2022 at 10:24 PM Last edited by kixleart : 20th Jul 2022 at 10:36 PM.
Tried out the latest version last night and got one event to successfully fire, but the rest of the time debug mode said that the "event test failed". I imagine its working as intended, it just failed a couple times due to other factors like my sims' circumstances at the time. IIRC it tried to fire off the "family staying over" event for example, but couldn't because the household I was playing didn't have any family members outside of the household.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#129 Old 23rd Jul 2022 at 6:38 PM
Is there a feature that lets you trigger random event on request (without doing this automatically)?

For example, the mod stays in 'sleeping' phase but I can ask it through menu to trigger a random event.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#130 Old 24th Jul 2022 at 5:31 PM
I love this mod and didn't even mind the few errors it popped up with because of the value added and it looks like this new update fixed those small issues. Thank you for this!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#131 Old 25th Jul 2022 at 9:37 AM
The rumor with text shall sim get a "cat, dog or hamster" does it actually result in another pet being added to the family?
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#132 Old 25th Jul 2022 at 1:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Extraneo
Is there a feature that lets you trigger random event on request (without doing this automatically)?

For example, the mod stays in 'sleeping' phase but I can ask it through menu to trigger a random event.

Hey @Extraneo !

You can technically do this if you turn Debugger Mode on (See: https://modthesims.info/download.ph...290#post5839290 ). If you click the sim, you'll see an interaction that says "Test Random Event". A popup will show and will say "Do you want to test general event?". Press "true" and it will pick something randomly, but the cooldowns will still be considered.

I may in a later update include a variation that simply picks anything... just note that when the people testing it did this, they did had some chaotic gameplay happening (Like accidentally getting 3 sims killed in the span of one sim day) ;p

Quote: Originally posted by simrune
The rumor with text shall sim get a "cat, dog or hamster" does it actually result in another pet being added to the family?

I should probably specify this in the FAQ part, as you're not the first one asking this but I decided to not do this due to the fact that I know plenty of other simmers who are extremely specific about which sims should get pets (or want no pets in their world, etc) So for now, it doesn't really do anything

Quote: Originally posted by kixleart
Tried out the latest version last night and got one event to successfully fire, but the rest of the time debug mode said that the "event test failed". I imagine its working as intended, it just failed a couple times due to other factors like my sims' circumstances at the time. IIRC it tried to fire off the "family staying over" event for example, but couldn't because the household I was playing didn't have any family members outside of the household.

I may have to include a bit more data like "missing this and that" which is easier for people who haven't looked at the code over a couple of months yet

But indeed! Sometimes it's also because of the cooldowns, although at the beginning of running the mod at the start of a new save, this shouldn't be an extreme problem. But you can always tweak the cooldowns!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#133 Old 26th Jul 2022 at 6:00 AM
I'm so excited to try this out! Thank you for making this mod and keeping the community going
Test Subject
#134 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 5:48 PM
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#135 Old 28th Jul 2022 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ann_dorf
Got these ones

https://ibb.co/5MH3cWr
https://ibb.co/xf2djV7

@ann_dorf Thanks for the bug report! I will say though, I am interested why it threw a list empty error there do you have any of the modules installed at all? I assume so, but just to double check.
Test Subject
#136 Old 29th Jul 2022 at 5:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
@ann_dorf Thanks for the bug report! I will say though, I am interested why it threw a list empty error there do you have any of the modules installed at all? I assume so, but just to double check.

Glad to help
I have everything installed except for death, disasters and disease. Don't want any unnecessary drama haha
Test Subject
#137 Old 29th Jul 2022 at 1:10 PM
Hello i got this error this morning idk what i did wrong https://postimg.cc/DJ3nnLtk
Test Subject
#138 Old 29th Jul 2022 at 2:03 PM
So I have installed the latest version of this mod and I have not encountered any bugs until today. A townie called my Sim to give away a pet, and I clicked "Sure". The message then says that he has given my Sim some items in the family inventory. I looked into it and it turns out the townie had given me a "Missing object instance 319e4f1d:00000000:000000000098aade-". At least he had given my Sim the pet, which was a chinchilla.
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#139 Old 31st Jul 2022 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Golden_Fountain_Pen
So I have installed the latest version of this mod and I have not encountered any bugs until today. A townie called my Sim to give away a pet, and I clicked "Sure". The message then says that he has given my Sim some items in the family inventory. I looked into it and it turns out the townie had given me a "Missing object instance 319e4f1d:00000000:000000000098aade-". At least he had given my Sim the pet, which was a chinchilla.

Oh nice! Thanks for the heads up! You were supposed to get a cage for your chinchilla, but I'm guessing I made a mistake along the way... Will look into it
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#140 Old 31st Jul 2022 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kocoyo
Hello i got this error this morning idk what i did wrong https://postimg.cc/DJ3nnLtk

Heya!

It's very rare for this to happen, but basically what it is, is that no appropriate rumor could be found for your sim, but the code decided to try firing itself anyways. It's nothing game breaking or mod breaking, though I'll check it out! Thanks for the report!
Test Subject
#141 Old 3rd Aug 2022 at 9:02 AM
LOLing so hard ????
LOL so I'm guessing this mod is the reason for this?? I don't know if I wanna either laugh or knock all this stuff overr
Great mod though, pure comedy!
Test Subject
#142 Old 4th Aug 2022 at 7:19 AM
I cannot get this mod to fire for me. I have NRAAS mods installed, but despite playing for weeks I can't get anything. I even downloaded the most current version. Help?!
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#143 Old 5th Aug 2022 at 10:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xC0C0A
LOL so I'm guessing this mod is the reason for this?? I don't know if I wanna either laugh or knock all this stuff overr
Great mod though, pure comedy!

Lol the best part is that this is probably the hardest event to even trigger Sorry, the mod killed your sim though!
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#144 Old 5th Aug 2022 at 10:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RRSIMMER
I cannot get this mod to fire for me. I have NRAAS mods installed, but despite playing for weeks I can't get anything. I even downloaded the most current version. Help?!

Hey @RRSIMMER ! I decided to write a quick "What to do when it's not firing" part in the description, as the debugger mode can provide you a lot of info on why it's not doing anything.

If you need a bit more help on understanding the debug messages, feel free to ask here of course!
Test Subject
#145 Old 9th Aug 2022 at 12:48 PM
Default Swedish translations
Great mod! I translated the strings for you to Swedish, if you would like to add them to the official mod. I have tested them.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  TheRandomizer - SWE translations.zip (234.8 KB, 5 downloads)
Test Subject
#146 Old 13th Aug 2022 at 8:09 AM
Ummm I can't see the number
https://postimg.cc/wR3Yf897
Test Subject
#147 Old 22nd Aug 2022 at 9:23 PM
Default Confused?
Hi so i dont know if im doing something wrong or what but when I go into the retuner settings, it does not give the option to change the chance of an event, only the cooldown for them.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#148 Old 27th Aug 2022 at 7:49 AM
I sort want Earthcuake and out of disiases maybe guinea pig disease (maybe), common flu, and sort of minerves vengeace, sort of pheunomenia as well... I just don't want to kill them...
Test Subject
#149 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 5:50 PM
Hey! I've translated your mod to Spanish, how could I send the files to you?
Test Subject
#150 Old 10th Sep 2022 at 4:28 PM
Hi! I would really love to play with this mod but nothing happen when i start the game. My active household is frozen and the option " go here " when i click on the ground doesn't show, it doesn't click and sims are stuck . I don't understand why! Can someone help me?
Page 6 of 10