Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#3676 Old 15th Feb 2021 at 7:12 PM
@CASnarl -That sim should start with making cereal or sandwiches and I'd start wi adding breakfast at midnight from this site to my game to fix that issue with mealtimes and also take the stove out of the house and force the sim to only prepare meals that just need a counter and have no stove requirement.I found tons of custom foods of that type here that don't require any cooking skill or a stove to use.
I don't even put stoves into starter homes though fridges and counters are in the home because starter sims ususally have no cooking skill and can only make cereal or sandwiches.
Advertisement
Instructor
#3677 Old 15th Feb 2021 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
I don't even put stoves into starter homes though fridges and counters are in the home because starter sims ususally have no cooking skill and can only make cereal or sandwiches.

Yeah, but that would be making it too easy and taking away any consequences. I don't mind them having a fire. My sims have to suffer from time to time
Mad Poster
#3678 Old 15th Feb 2021 at 7:32 PM
@CASnarl -It dosen't make things too easy for them because mine have the challenge of having to work on cooking skill with simple meals and can finally own a stove when they get three cooking skill points and own a fire sprinkler over the stove though that rule might not apply to townies.I added a Mod for meal preparations and tons of custom foods to allow my sims to be able to eat all meals including dinner because without those fixes they'd onle eat breakfast and lunch and go without and have to go to bed hungry because they got no dinner because they couldn't fix anything until they had more skills.
My sims don't have it too easy because babies can be stillborn and sometimes die in infancy or a sim can have a miscarriage either by accident or because they spiked their coffee or hot chococlate with something to induse contractions and cause a birth or miscarraige.
Lab Assistant
#3679 Old 17th Feb 2021 at 10:05 PM
I have it the other way, babies/pregnant Sims are pretty much the only ones safe in my game because I can't bear it when they lose them! So it occasionally happens with my poverty Sims or those with a lot of kids but I try to avoid it if possible. And even though I am very much pro-choice in real life none of my Sims have abortions because I just love babies and Sim genetics/generations.

Kitchen fires though, absolutely no precautions at all! They usually survive unless it's a big house and I'm elsewhere, I catch it and get them to extinguish it in time - but I don't have sprinklers because I have never seen them in an actual real life house, and I don't have fire alarms because I find it unrealistic for the fire department to just rock up instantly with no-one calling them.
Occasionally though if I have a really rich family or a state institution like a children's home I might allow an alarm.
Scholar
#3680 Old 19th Feb 2021 at 12:19 AM
Things I have said whilst trying to make default replacements for the Sims 2 hat hairs (adding non-hat versions to hat hairs for other clothing categories):
1. "Well ok, that hat hair mesh doesn't have a non-hat hair version, never mind, I'll just spend a few minutes finding a similar, suitable hair that's a good match."

(After 6 days of spending hours each evening googling, searching the hair gallery, searching simblrs, searching hair creator's websites etc.)

2. "Well maybe some people's hair does magically get straightened and 6 inches longer when they take their hat off...."

3. "...hmm...I suppose you could wear a hat with underwear...and whilst doing exercise....and sleeping....and swimmi...............sigh"
Field Researcher
#3681 Old 19th Feb 2021 at 9:34 PM
"Where are my kids? She took my kids! I didn't even get the popup that they were too cold until right before she appeared! She took my kids!"

Followed by a "random" crash. Those kids are part of my storyline!

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Mad Poster
#3682 Old 23rd Feb 2021 at 5:13 AM
"Rhett Hart, you don't have any reason to take or need for that paper, you get on just fine with all the Manns!"

"Val Hart, you're a good daddy dropping by when your little girl had triplets and aspiration failure: mind having a word with that boy of yours about his silly paper-stealing ways?"

(Playing a new Widespot. Poor Candy!)

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Forum Resident
#3683 Old 23rd Feb 2021 at 1:50 PM
"Go and say hi to -- oh, you're dying?"

Also, somewhat related, I tried out The Sims 2 Pets for Gameboy Advance, in which conversations are kind of a minigame where you steer topics and can also do other stuff like play rock paper scissors and juggle. "No I didn't mean to juggle!!" is a sentence I never thought I'd have the need to express, especially not in a half-panicked manner.

I am Error.
Mad Poster
#3684 Old 24th Feb 2021 at 6:10 PM
"You have played computer game whole day. Go to bed now."

I cannot blame my sims for this...
Forum Resident
#3685 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 12:56 AM
This recent session, I kept finding myself saying, "That's not your bed, get out!"

Keep in my mind, I have SmartBeds... for the most part it works, but if sims get really tired and send themselves to bed, they end up in a bed that isn't theirs.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Field Researcher
#3686 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 3:02 AM
"Ew, Logan, no, put on some proper clothes!"
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#3687 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 7:33 AM
Eli Jankowsky "I think I'll have to slip some of that herbal morning after extract into my coffee this morning to end that unplanned pregnancy""We're not quite ready for a baby yet as we're still saving up and still need to get our main house built on the homestead."After the woohoo and failed birth control caused an unplanned pregnacy.I love them having babies though I don't like seeing everybody getting caught unprepared.I allow the pregnancy if it's meant to be part of the story and end it if that was the story.It's usual for an unplanned pregnancy to go ahead of the husband dies shortly after she became pregnant as she'd want the baby then and would make other changes to her life like moving into a subidied apartment lot or rezoning the home as a farm.
Scholar
#3688 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 4:46 PM
"James, you're a grown man. Please don't make me send you to your room like a child." James pokes Andrea Hogan again. "That's it! Adult or not, you're grounded. Get to your room and stay there."

James shares a cabin with six other single men. As long as he and Andrea are fighting, none of the other six has any chance of establishing a more positive relationship with her.
Forum Resident
#3689 Old 13th Mar 2021 at 2:15 AM
Making a potholder: "I'll make it black because I'm sad."
And later: "I'll make it red because I'm angry."
At least Buddha Neighbour eventually was at peace and made a green one, too.

I am Error.
Mad Poster
#3690 Old 13th Mar 2021 at 6:19 AM
Eli and Ami Jankowsk after arrival in Pleasant Valley in the spring of 1600:"It was an awully long voyage on that wooden sailing ship"Ami-"I'm glad we didn't hit that iceburg before arrving because it would've broken the ship up."
Arriving at the homestead lot: "We've got our work cut out with having to get our home built before fall and the service center needs a building up as well.
This from my Pleasantview Epic Challenge.
Mad Poster
#3691 Old 14th Mar 2021 at 7:07 PM
"Finally the last one grew up to child. I don't need to watch babies and toddlers". 1 minute later I hear lullaby. "At least for 3 sim days..."
Top Secret Researcher
#3692 Old 15th Mar 2021 at 7:03 PM
"Get out of bed with your mother!" Beulah Land was asleep in her bed and her teen son Scot Land decided to get into the other side to sleep...he has his own bed.

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#3693 Old 15th Mar 2021 at 9:27 PM
"No, stand still so she can flirt with you!"

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#3694 Old 16th Mar 2021 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedjr89
"Get out of bed with your mother!" Beulah Land was asleep in her bed and her teen son Scot Land decided to get into the other side to sleep...he has his own bed.

I appreciate Sleep in your own bed mod . I haven't got into that situation after adding that mod.
Field Researcher
#3695 Old 16th Mar 2021 at 12:38 AM
Wait, what are you do... oh no.

ACR: Oh, yes.

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Top Secret Researcher
#3696 Old 16th Mar 2021 at 1:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
I appreciate Sleep in your own bed mod . I haven't got into that situation after adding that mod.

Thank you the amount of times I say "That isn't your bed!"

My Simblr
He/They
Forum Resident
#3697 Old 16th Mar 2021 at 2:58 PM
Me last night while playing an extremely early backup of one of my hoods:

"Don't kiss him, don't kiss him, don't kiss him..."

Sim: *attempts to have their first kiss with an unwilling participant again just to get rejected... again*

"See! What have I told you?! No means no!"

Sim: *tries again just to get rejected*

"Oh my...! You're going to mess your friendship up!"

Sim: *goes to the toilet*

"Good. The more distance between you, the better.

Sim: *begins crying due to rejection*

"Oh, stop it! You know he has a love interest now, you should have gotten him while you could... and stopped after the first rejection."

Sim: *instead has their first kiss with their crushes love interest*

"You!"

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Test Subject
#3698 Old 18th Mar 2021 at 12:36 AM
"Wait no, don't do that. I want you to go over there!"

"why are you hitting so and so!?"
Top Secret Researcher
#3699 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 2:57 AM
"No, you are not having 10 kids! Where would you even put them?!"

"Put the baby back" (in the crib)

"You're a creep" (random townie just holding a baby, alone in said babies room for who knows how long. Just standing there...)

My Simblr
He/They
Scholar
#3700 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 5:44 AM
really? you don't want to save? I'm 480 off 1k babies! let me save these 32 into permanent existence
Page 148 of 168