Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Paint From Reference Anywhere

by scumbumbo Posted 19th Dec 2017 at 2:38 AM - Updated 14th Nov 2018 at 8:57 AM by scumbumbo : Updated for Nov 13, 2018 game patch

90 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 50 Feedback Posts, 39 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Deceased
Original Poster
#51 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 4:43 PM
@ItzSpiffy - Yeah, understood after you added the additional info to your first post - like I say I'll look into it. I'm not sure how fixable that might be, but I can visualize what the problem might be caused by. Thanks again for that additional info as it does make a world of difference when the mod is removed as those custom recipes no longer exist. I might be able to hack some method of "converting" them to regular recipes after the painting is done, but that might be something you have to run a special command to do - not sure and likely won't be able to look into that until after the hubbub of the next patch has died down.
Deceased
Original Poster
#52 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 4:47 PM
From your comments I assume that a normal paint-by-reference can be shared accurately (creator/name/texture all work properly) through the gallery? I've never tried this, but I assume that does work from your statements?
Test Subject
#53 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 6:49 PM Last edited by ItzSpiffy : 15th Nov 2018 at 2:38 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
From your comments I assume that a normal paint-by-reference can be shared accurately (creator/name/texture all work properly) through the gallery? I've never tried this, but I assume that does work from your statements?

Yes, you assume correctly. Uploading "NoCC Paintings" is pretty common and popular in the gallery. Most people create CC artwork, but then hang that art on a wall and have their sim copy it by painting-from-reference, thus producing the image in a format that the game will allow to enter the gallery as NoCC. These PFR paintings, when your mouse is hovered upon them, produce the popup box with the info whereas mine created w/ your mod are bugged out and don't have that popup (only for all users w/out your mod)
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 2:19 AM
Will this be updated for the 11/13/18 Get Famous update?
Deceased
Original Poster
#55 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 7:15 AM
The mod has been updated, even though it is not strictly necessary anymore unless you prefer the style of using this mod compared to the new sketchpad item in the base game.

The sketchpad can create paint from reference paintings anywhere (and more). Works pretty slick, but I do prefer having my Sims take a picture and preparing the painting on a real easel to doing digital art.

One bonus for the new sketchpad would be for someone like @ItzSpiffy who wants to share the canvases on the gallery - since ones made with the sketchpad are part of the base game, they should not require any special treatment to share on the gallery.
Deceased
Original Poster
#56 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 8:33 AM
I have added an optional cheat command script to convert any PFRA paintings to standard base game PFR paintings. See the mod description for an explanation of how to use this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#57 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 2:40 PM Last edited by ItzSpiffy : 15th Nov 2018 at 3:05 PM.
Thanks so much for your diligent work fixing this! I have decided to keep your mod for now because it gives me an option! Even before you fixed it I found that I could re-paint the buggy paintings back home the traditional way. I will be looking in to your trick to fix these paintings and see if it lets me upload all my work again without having to redo it! Thanks again.

Updated: I did confirm that paintings stayed put after disabling your mod, just to make sure! I am so grateful for this fix, you have no idea how much work you've saved me!
Test Subject
#58 Old 24th Dec 2018 at 12:38 AM
Default Is there a way to let the camera roam free when taking the picture
I'd love to be able to get better pictures for the painting that don't require the camera to be locked to my sim's position!
Deceased
Original Poster
#59 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 2:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CptGabok
I'd love to be able to get better pictures for the painting that don't require the camera to be locked to my sim's position!

I've tried, believe me. The best attempt I got ended up taking pictures from under the floor (and eventually crashing the game completely to desktop). It wasn't free roaming, but an attempt to let you place the camera somewhere and then trigger it remotely so you could pose the actor themself into the picture.

Free roaming would be impossible I think, but I'm not entirely sure that it wouldn't be possible to make it work remotely somehow. Got po'ed trying to get it working and gave up at the time, and haven't exactly had a shortage of other things to work on so the experiment has sat in failure mode for some time.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#60 Old 21st Mar 2019 at 4:04 AM
Thanks!!!
Test Subject
#61 Old 28th May 2019 at 1:34 AM
This mod doesn't seem to be working for my sims. The camera no longer has the paint from reference option. I tried replacing the package and script, but still no luck.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#62 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 3:00 PM
Thank you so much for this mod .I'm have so much fun with it
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#63 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 7:26 AM
I just wanted to say that I love this mod!!! It's become such an essential mod in my game even though it causes MCC errors all day long lol I can't play without it. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 2:12 PM
latest patch done something to this mod? All my sims just paint blank canvases now. (PC edition, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, 12GB RAM, Intel i7 Processor)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#65 Old 18th Aug 2019 at 11:52 PM
Ack! I just found this and I have to have it! Is it on your radar at all to do a sims 4 project and update this? Thank you! EEEeeek in advance! :D
Test Subject
#66 Old 1st Sep 2019 at 11:03 PM
Could you update the mod so that the "paint from reference" option is available for the Island Living and Moschino cameras?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#67 Old 20th Sep 2019 at 2:34 PM
I love this mod but it doesn't seem to work since the Realm of Magic. Is it just me?
Test Subject
#68 Old 23rd Oct 2019 at 5:50 PM
@scumbumbo i put this mod in my mods folder and went in game and it is not showing up, i have my mods enabled. what could the problem be
Test Subject
#69 Old 23rd Oct 2019 at 5:52 PM
Default same problem
Quote: Originally posted by TheNinth
I love this mod but it doesn't seem to work since the Realm of Magic. Is it just me?

no I am having the same problem
Inventor
#70 Old 13th Nov 2019 at 10:08 AM
Default Patch 1.58.63.1010 Update
Patch 1.58.63.1010 Update
Attached files:
File Type: zip  MTS_Scumbumbo_PaintFromReferenceAnywhere_UpdatedbyLittleMsSam.zip (13.6 KB, 379 downloads)

~~~ FIND OVER 300+ MODS ON MY OWN SITE https://lms-mods.com ~~~
Scholar
THANKS POST
#71 Old 13th Nov 2019 at 10:17 PM
Little MissSam You are the bomb! Thank you so much for everything that you have contributed to Sims 4.
Instructor
#72 Old 14th Nov 2019 at 11:40 AM
@LittleMsSam Wow, thank you sooo much for this update. I loved this mod in the past tense and now I can play with it. You work so hard with all your mods to make the game better and better. THANKS :lovestruc
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 13th Dec 2019 at 9:09 AM
This works exceptionally well with the Digitalistic Sketchpad. It doesn't force you to put a canvas on an easel, and just finishes the work right then and there.
Also of note, it works from sitting AND relaxing poses, so you can get different angles as well. I have had a sim do a self portrait on one of those loungers, by setting a mirror in the right spot, relax on the chair, and queue Paint from Reference before canceling the relaxing.
Inventor
#74 Old 14th Dec 2019 at 8:56 PM
Latest Version should still work fine with 1.59

~~~ FIND OVER 300+ MODS ON MY OWN SITE https://lms-mods.com ~~~
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#75 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 10:21 AM
I'm not sure if this mod has been updated elsewhere however I just wanted to say that whether anyone ever updates it or not, it was a valuable mod and I thank you for it and ALL you have contributed to the modding community of The Sims.
Rest in Power, Scumbumbo! You have been SO appreciated!
Page 3 of 4