Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 2:53 PM
Aging
Quote: Originally posted by Issie
If there isn't any gradual aging in Sims 4 I think they will probably add another life stage or two. Preteen would be good. I'd also like another between middle age and elder. You don't go from say 35-45 year old to 70+.
As some have said you don't age from a child straight to a teenager so yes preteen age please And gradual aging would be great Like in the 1st game Fable no age stages so why not in the Sims 4
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 3:13 PM
We've all seen it - baby-object BOOM! elementary school student BOOM adult-height teen.

All the while, skin texture is still as flawless and baby-soft as ever, even with the subtle aging tweaks applied.

We need more stages, especially now that TS4 elders are much more frail than they look and can drop dead from overexertion.

Toddler = young child
Middle school student = young teen
We already have young adult
Senior = young elder

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Test Subject
#28 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 3:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Middle age - the ages are too heavy (long) on the younger side.

While I agree that midlife should be a higher priority stage I think life should swing towards the youth. After all, there's something magical and captivating when you watch a child learn something for the first time. I would love to see more emphasis on this in the future. Imagine witnessing your child's first day at school and your sim popped out a camera to take a photo of them with their school bag on. What about their first trip to the zoo and before we learnt to drive we had to be taught how to ride a bicycle. I would love to see the training wheels come off once they fill the skill bar.
Test Subject
#29 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 6:51 PM
Sigh. I was really hoping by now that they would have figured out how to make growing up gradual, just as pregnancy is done.

Each day, they would get a bit older, taller and wiser.
But then I guess it wouldn't be fun for those who like to jump certain stages of the lifespan.
Instructor
#30 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 6:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nikki18
As some have said you don't age from a child straight to a teenager so yes preteen age please And gradual aging would be great Like in the 1st game Fable no age stages so why not in the Sims 4

That teens can 'mess around' gives me hope that they may be thinking of a preteen. Will we see it?
One Minute Ninja'd
#31 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dougstar274
.............................. Imagine witnessing your child's first day at school and your sim popped out a camera to take a photo of them with their school bag on. What about their first trip to the zoo and before we learnt to drive we had to be taught how to ride a bicycle. I would love to see the training wheels come off once they fill the skill bar.

Except, there is no school, and there are no bicycles in this game. Just like the right of passage when your teen learns to drive, but no cars, either. If there were, they would make for great memories.
Page 2 of 2