Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#776 Old 19th Mar 2014 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by residenteviloutbreak

Release Date: Spring 2014

According to this site: http://www.thesims-4.net/
the sims 4 will be released in fall 2014... Oh, it seems so far away!
Advertisement
Scholar
#777 Old 20th Mar 2014 at 9:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
As long as it doesn't concern your boob-jiggling fetish...

Don't be a hater, dear.
Field Researcher
#778 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 2:32 AM
I don't really like the look of the TS4 sims but in action they look decent? Their expressions don't look as painted on - they seem more fluid. Not that I need super-realistic Sims (...not that my computer could probably handle the requirements...) but I'd rather see them get a little *less* putty as time goes on. The emotions thing seems pretty cool - like an advanced version of moodlets - but I worry that as with most Sims things, the brief synopsis that she showed in the video is really all there is to it and it's going to be lacking and become repetitive very quickly. Also I'm still furious about the decision to not include CASt. But I'm trying to be optimistic! Even though I muttered "noo...no. no..." to myself a few times while watching the video it actually looks like it has potential and I'd be willing to try it. If it doesn't work out for me, I always have TS3, and time for TS4 to grow on me.
Test Subject
#779 Old 30th Mar 2014 at 12:24 PM
Well guess I have permission to write some Actually, with ten good cc's you can turn those pudding face Sims 3 townies into super hot and realistic sims. And actually as we all saw, Sims 3 sims are like really "cartoony and unrealistic" too. Also if you really want high-end graphics than it's gonna lose its game function. And I don't think everybody's computer will run it as well. So I'm saying, with this cartoony and realistic(enough) sims of Sims 4, and with some cc, imagine how far we can go. I think comparing Sims 4 to Sims 2 would be so stupid. Actually, if they improve eyelids, dimples and face length this game will be amazing. It already doesn't require sliders game is already slidered :P
Mad Poster
#780 Old 31st Mar 2014 at 7:43 AM
ts4 looks like a console sims game imo.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#781 Old 31st Mar 2014 at 8:58 PM
It's funny how people keep saying "oh, when we get CC they will look so cool" when a lot of the current CC is highly rendered, realistic-looking clothing and hair, which has a high poly count, etc. If you have a crappy computer, what makes you think slapping some CC on them will make them look so good? That hair won't look nearly as good as it does for someone with a more powerful machine.
Mad Poster
#782 Old 31st Mar 2014 at 9:01 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 31st Mar 2014 at 10:38 PM.
That's IF it actually looks good. CC isn't a guarantee of quality.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Scholar
#783 Old 31st Mar 2014 at 9:36 PM
And I like to add that if the game as a whole will be as CC/mod friendly on day one and will be able to have anti-alias not just hair but objects too. Plus not forgetting v-sync,64-bit options, then yeah sure. It could be good but still not an actual confirmation on how will the game will operate once the game is out in stores.

I guess I did not miss barely anything besides the GDC info. Still no action nor new demos on how the over all game will be. I'm still being positive though but it's winding down to not caring anymore.
Lab Assistant
#784 Old 13th Jun 2014 at 9:14 PM
I was actually wondering if third party content will even be allowed. If I understand from the EA conference in LA, we will be able to enter directly into the Exchange by clicking on a button inside our game and say plunk a sim directly into the game. But how does one then check for viruses or corrupt content as we do now with Custard and Delphys Dashboard?
Field Researcher
#785 Old 13th Jun 2014 at 10:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jessesue
I was actually wondering if third party content will even be allowed. If I understand from the EA conference in LA, we will be able to enter directly into the Exchange by clicking on a button inside our game and say plunk a sim directly into the game. But how does one then check for viruses or corrupt content as we do now with Custard and Delphys Dashboard?

Read the comments on each flagged object (meaning its cc). So who is going to volunteer and post a comment?
Field Researcher
#786 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 7:54 PM
come on guys lets go post useful links and info on this thread ! lets make this thing work by golly!
Instructor
#787 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 2:09 PM
I haven't read through every comment on this topic, so sorry if it's already been said, but the sys specs are as follows:

REQUIRED: Internet connection required for product activation
OS: Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8, or Windows 8.1
PROCESSOR: 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4000+ or equivalent (For computers using built-in graphics chipsets, the game requires 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.0 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-62 or equivalent)
MEMORY: At least 2 GB RAM
HARD DRIVE: At least 9 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games
VIDEO CARD: 128 MB of Video RAM and support for Pixel Shader 3.0. Supported Video Cards: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better, ATI Radeon X1300 or better, Intel GMA X4500 or better
SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c Compatible
DIRECTX: DirectX 9.0c compatible

From Orgin's website.

FifthAce2007

My Sims 2 creations are no longer supported. Regardless of what the individual post says, feel free to clone, recolour, chuck on a bonfire or mix in a blender! Just credit me/this site with the upload, and upload here only, thanks
Page 32 of 32