Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Feb 2020 at 10:09 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default Installing UI replacements on the Super Collection (locating the UI Folder)
Hey guys,

simple question, but I can't figure this out. I KNOW where the Download folder is for installing regular CC for the MacOSX Sims 2 Super Collection, but I'm trying to install the Clean UI Replacement and having no success.

In the Ultimate Edition, the files should be dropped in

Quote:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\UI

And in normal editions

Quote:
C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\UI

Problem is, Super Collection doesn't have these folders and the directory is completely different. My content is located under

Quote:
/Users/[name]/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2

Now, I've tried creating a RES folder and installing the replacement there. No luck. I tried creating a UI folder, also with no luck. I then tried creating a TSData folder, also with no luck.

The only thing I can get to work is the opening loading screen (but even that is wonky, see the photos below)

Could anyone offer a guiding hand to fixing this? thanks
Screenshots
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 27th Feb 2020 at 11:20 AM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 28th Feb 2020 at 5:06 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Morrowindnostalgia
Hey guys,

simple question, but I can't figure this out. I KNOW where the Download folder is for installing regular CC for the MacOSX Sims 2 Super Collection, but I'm trying to install the Clean UI Replacement and having no success.

In the Ultimate Edition, the files should be dropped in

Quote:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\UI

And in normal editions

Quote:
C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\UI

Problem is, Super Collection doesn't have these folders and the directory is completely different. My content is located under

Quote:
/Users/[name]/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2

Now, I've tried creating a RES folder and installing the replacement there. No luck. I tried creating a UI folder, also with no luck. I then tried creating a TSData folder, also with no luck.

The only thing I can get to work is the opening loading screen (but even that is wonky, see the photos below)

Could anyone offer a guiding hand to fixing this? thanks

I don't know much about the Clean UI Replacement, but I can tell you that you are looking in the wrong place for the proper folder.
According to what you posted for the PC disk version the path is C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\UI

So On the Mac you must go to Applications/The Sims™ 2: Super Collection.app and then right click or control click on the app's Icon and then in the menu choose "Show Package Contents" then your path will be Contents/Home/TSData/Res/UI

If it doesn't work then try a different path which would be Contents/Home/Expansion Packs/Bon Voyage/TSData/Res/UI

Do make a back up of the original file or files before you change anything. I don't know anything about the file you are trying to install, but those are the two possible paths as far as I know.

In Fact If I were you I would make a back up of the entire The Sims™ 2: Super Collection.app and keep it some place safe just in case you need to go back to the original version, because unless you are running the current 64 bit Mac OS System you should have a known good back up because you can not download a copy of the game that will work on 32 bit systems anymore as it is all 64 bit now. So be warned.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Feb 2020 at 3:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
I don't know much about the Clean UI Replacement, but I can tell you that you are looking in the wrong place for the proper folder.
According to what you posted for the PC disk version the path is C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\UI

So On the Mac you must go to Applications/The Sims™ 2: Super Collection.app and then right click or control click on the app's Icon and then in the menu choose "Show Package Contents" then your path will be Contents/Home/TSData/Res/UI

If it doesn't work then try a different path which would be Contents/Home/Expansion Packs/Bon Voyage/TSData/Res/UI

Do make a back up of the original file or files before you change anything. I don't know anything about the file you are trying to install, but those are the two possible paths as far as I know.

In Fact If I were you I would make a back up of the entire The Sims™ 2: Super Collection.app and keep it some place safe just in case you need to go back to the original version, because unless you are running the current 64 bit Mac OS System you should have a known good back up because can not download a copy of the game that will work on 32 bit systems anymore as it is all 64 bit now. So be warned.

OOhh my god why did that not occur to me, I literally do that exact thing every time I install Skyrim or Fallout mods on a MacOSX haha....Thank you so much, will try again but this should definitely work now.

And yes, I'm well-versed in keeping backups of my games before modding them. You only make that mistake once hehe
Scholar
#4 Old 27th Feb 2020 at 6:17 PM
Unfortunately, Clean UI doesn’t actually work on Mac because it needs every expansion to run. The things in the program folders are cursors and the loading screen. The .package you drop in downloads is everything else. That’s probably why it looks odd, unfortunately, your setup doesn’t support it.
Test Subject
#5 Old 26th Feb 2024 at 3:34 PM
Hi, were you able to get this to work for the Macbook: Super Collection? I went on the tumblr for Clean UI and had a look at the FAQ and no questions from Mac users about compatibility but one where she replies and says it works with all devices?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Feb 2024 at 1:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sim2deri
Hi, were you able to get this to work for the Macbook: Super Collection? I went on the tumblr for Clean UI and had a look at the FAQ and no questions from Mac users about compatibility but one where she replies and says it works with all devices?

As mentioned in the previous comments in this thread, Clean UI is unavailable for Super Collection