Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 21st Mar 2020 at 7:30 PM
Is this a world you are creating from scratch or are you modifying an existing world?

When you do a save for the first time in CAW, you need to add/edit description layer. Then when you save, use "save as" and name it exactly the same as what you put in the add/edit description layer.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 21st Mar 2020 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KatyFernlily
Is this a world you are creating from scratch or are you modifying an existing world?

When you do a save for the first time in CAW, you need to add/edit description layer. Then when you save, use "save as" and name it exactly the same as what you put in the add/edit description layer.

I get that error message when I try to save from game editing, it exits the EIG screen by itself and that error screen appears...
but should I keep the Caw open when I am in EIG mode?
maybe that's what gives trouble to the rescue?
that I finally enter EIG mode, settle community lots and try to save and get me from that error screen -.- "

----> I apologize for my precarious English, it is not my language.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 21st Mar 2020 at 10:52 PM
?????? From what we can see there is nothing to save yet really and nothing to edit in game? As said a few times you do not even have a layer? What have you actually done? You should not need to be in EIG probably yet?

We need to see a screenshot of what you have actually done so far in this world if anything other than create it from one of the templates.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 21st Mar 2020 at 11:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
?????? From what we can see there is nothing to save yet really and nothing to edit in game? As said a few times you do not even have a layer? What have you actually done? You should not need to be in EIG probably yet?

We need to see a screenshot of what you have actually done so far in this world if anything other than create it from one of the templates.

what you see below is the locked caw window, but in reality it is not empty, it is so because giving me error in EIG;
PC exit the screen of The Sims where the city is modified and it brings me back there, giving me that error.
I'm not trying to enter EIG with the empty Caw you have already told me and explained it, so I followed the tutorial and I am modifying the Riverview map that proposed the caw.
I see if I can make other screens, I probably can't explain myself well in this language, I apologize.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 22nd Mar 2020 at 1:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zamira
what you see below is the locked caw window, but in reality it is not empty, it is so because giving me error in EIG;
PC exit the screen of The Sims where the city is modified and it brings me back there, giving me that error.
I'm not trying to enter EIG with the empty Caw you have already told me and explained it, so I followed the tutorial and I am modifying the Riverview map that proposed the caw.
I see if I can make other screens, I probably can't explain myself well in this language, I apologize.

here are the screens:
1 - it is the caw.
2 - while loading EIG mode
3 - EIG mode
4 - I placed the lot in a scenario and then I put a building
5 - I go back to city edit mode and try to save
6 - the pc, alone exits from EIG and on the empty window of the CAW the window with the errors appears.

maybe I messed up the original lots in different levels, and some do not even find them more on the levels ...
perhaps from caw it would be better for me to delete everything, lots and spawners and put them back
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#31 Old 22nd Mar 2020 at 1:11 AM Last edited by daisylee : 22nd Mar 2020 at 1:44 AM.
Yes, that is a save error from EIG it looks like. 13 files are erroring. How many lots are there? 13? I would delete one at a time and see what happens?And/or are your bridges connected to the roads properly? Any overlaps of lots on roads? You will need to delete items one by one probably to get rid of the 13 problems.

And as said this may have something to do with game and CAW versions? I am on 1.67 and have no problems.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 22nd Mar 2020 at 2:00 AM Last edited by Zamira : 22nd Mar 2020 at 2:10 AM.
Yes, that is a save error from EIG it looks like. 13 files are erroring. How many lots are there? 13? I would delete one at a time and see what happens?And/or are your bridges connected to the roads properly? Any overlaps of lots on roads? You will need to delete items one by one probably to get rid of the 13 problems.

And as said this may have something to do with game and CAW versions? I am on 1.67 and have no problems.

I've been trying to take them all away, you're right they were the problem;
But I don't understand why the 13 lots were not in any layer, I had to click them and do delete one by one O.o
And I checked better, I had used a full version of Riverview which I downloaded and opened with S3PE to upload it to CAW and edit it to create my world ...
perhaps in the passage in S3PE to open it in Caw some batch messed up XD

unfortunately I can not go back to 1.67 I have all the esp downloaded from orgin
I read that someone has solved with superCAW or am I wrong?

Mad Poster
#33 Old 22nd Mar 2020 at 2:19 AM
Learn the basics before editing worlds in s3pe. Play with the lite Riverview that is already there. And/or a totally blank world. You need to master the baby steps first in this process. Follow a tute step by step.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#34 Old 22nd Mar 2020 at 2:22 AM
Learn the basics before editing worlds in s3pe. Play with the lite Riverview that is already there. And/or a totally blank world. You need to master the baby steps first in this process. Follow a tute step by step.

ok thanks, last thing then I stop tormenting you, if I export the altimetric map can I start a new world without problems?

Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 22nd Mar 2020 at 5:49 AM
If it didn't save properly I doubt it will export.

I know you'd like to make your own world but working with CAW is very complicated and it takes a very long time to learn to use it. It took me forever just to get the hang of making roads and to get bridges to actually work properly.

You know there are tons of worlds already created - why not save yourself the headaches and just download one of them. There are empty worlds where you can place your own lots. What type of world are you wanting? From the looks of your screenshots - looks like a desert/futuristic world??

Here is a nifty world that is empty - plus a save that someone filled with lots.

https://risastorm.tumblr.com/post/4...ds-requested-by
https://brntwaffles.tumblr.com/post...ing-in-an-alien
Mad Poster
#36 Old 22nd Mar 2020 at 6:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zamira
ok thanks, last thing then I stop tormenting you, if I export the altimetric map can I start a new world without problems?

As said, you are trying to run before you know how to walk. As suggested above I agree that it might be best to find a world that has already been created that you may like. There are thousands of them that have been done already probably. There must be at least a few to suit your purposes I would hope.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#37 Old 22nd Mar 2020 at 7:17 AM
As said, you are trying to run before you know how to walk. As suggested above I agree that it might be best to find a world that has already been created that you may like. There are thousands of them that have been done already probably. There must be at least a few to suit your purposes I would hope.

Since I have free time I wanted to create it the world .... I checked in the simstore they put the download of the caw compatible with the version of the game 1.69, I removed the old one and installed that and now it works: no more problems

Top Secret Researcher
#38 Old 22nd Mar 2020 at 2:54 PM
Yes, you can export your height map and start with that from scratch again. Just make sure you remember which height and size you used for your world. But even better if it works now properly with the correct version.

You can find another tutorial (for beginners!) in my signature.
Page 2 of 2