Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Aug 2020 at 6:44 PM
Default Imaginary Friend constantly heckles my teen
Hiya!

I didn't think this was really suited for the help section as it's more of an annoyance than a problem, plus if I really wanted to I could just cheat the embarrassed moodlet away each time. But I still wanted to post about it anyway.

My teenager's imaginary friend constantly heckles him, giving him a 3hr embarrassed moodlet pretty much all the time. I personally never have my sims do the heckle interaction by choice but I obviously have no control over inactives, or in this case imaginary friends, doing so.

Is how much a sim heckles other sims tied to traits or anything like that, so I could cheat the imaginary friend's traits to get it to stop? do imaginary friends even have traits before they're real?

Like, I don't really know what exactly heckling is but I assume it's mean like making fun of them....imagine your imaginary friend, who is meant to be your best friend, making fun of you all day long!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 21st Aug 2020 at 7:06 PM
Imaginary friends do have traits IIRC. One of my IFs was a dick all the time to his kid - I think he must have been mean-spirited. Don't know about heckling specifically, though. They eventually became enemies and the kid told him to go away. Just the idea of imaginary enemies is kinda funny to me
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 21st Aug 2020 at 9:55 PM
I think, they have traits, but I've never looked into it. Have you tried to look into it with NRaas MasterController? Or I think testingcheatsenabled true would be enough to see and change the traits. Making him good and friendly should help. Or just use NRaas Retuner and set the heckling interaction autonomy to false. You could even do this for children only, so the change does not effect too many sims.

But for the realistic aspect, I think some people have something like "bad imaginary friends". Voices in your head that tell you that you are a shame, or dump or ugly all the time Definitely not a good way to grow up though...
Mad Poster
#4 Old 26th Aug 2020 at 2:38 AM
Must be a Diva (trait) IF. Those Sims have or do the Heckle interaction autonomously on anyone that aren't even performers.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.