Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#3101 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 11:09 PM Last edited by ToriOlivia : 8th Nov 2018 at 7:29 AM.
Hey everyone! It's been awhile since I popped back into this thread and I've missed playing my sims 2 ToT so I finally loaded up my save a couple days ago and I'm getting back into the groove of playing. I'm trying to juggle playing a wishacy challenge, apocalypse challenge, and this ToT challenge so it should be interesting to see how long I can keep it all going lol.

Since I've been playing, I've noticed that Inteen doesn't seem to be working anymore in my hoods. I couldn't get any female (adult) sims pregnant through 'risky' woohoo or try for baby. I'd even try using hacks like The Sim Blender and little blue birth control clock from Inteen to force a pregnancy but nothing would happen. When I removed Inteen from my downloads, the female sims I'd try to get pregnant would instantly get pregnant successfully. I figure I must have installed some hack or hacks that are conflicting with Inteen, but I haven't figured out what it could be yet.
In the meantime, I've decided to play without Inteen, but it's kinda hard to play a ToT without being able to have teens marry, woohoo, and having babies. (I know everyone doesn't agree to allow teens to have those privileges in game but I'm playing my challenge in a historical sense) I'm been trying to find some other hacks that basically do what Inteen allows me to do. If anyone has any suggestions on what hacks work best as well as what load order will make everything work well together I'd appreciate it!

This is what I have installed so far:
ACR ( this should allow teen/adult relationships and well as other things)
romance mod from MATY
no instant love from MATY
Chris Hatch Alternate Pregnancy Controller (Pets version) (this should allows teens/adults to get pregnant/give birth, birth control and miscarriages but teens cannot woohoo/try for baby?)
Woohoo Teens (Apartment Life Version) (allows teens to woohoo duh lol)

I did a test with two teen sims who were in love and going steady and they were able to woohoo but there was no try for baby option or propose marriage option so I'm guessing I'll need another hack that enables teen marriage too. I'm gonna do some more google searching but feel free to chime in. Sorry this was so long LOL!

EDIT: I went back through my downloads first removing anything related to pregnancy, then used the 50/50 method with those pregnancy related hacks and lastly the process of elimination and found the hack that was conflicting with Inteen. Silly me didn't read carefully and installed the extended family hack. Once removed, Inteen is working well again as before so crisis is averted lol. I really did like the idea of the extended family hack because I hate the fact that sims don't recognize their second cousins as family. If anyone knows of a hack that is basically the same as extended family but doesn't conflict with Inteen let me know!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#3102 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 6:10 PM
@ToriOlivia It's great that you managed to find the conflicting hack. And I don't want to be the one to break the bad news, but I'm fairly certain that it is impossible to play this challenge with a hack that makes second cousins family. At least not if you go by the original rules (10 founders, only allowed to add 1 single, adult sim during the Roman era). As I said in my last post, fourth generations sims can only marry if they don't share a grandparent. Now, if you play with the extended family hack, they couldn't have a common great-grandparent either. For the fourth generation, the great-grandparents are going to be the founders and each sim is going to have 8 of those as their great-grandparents. So, if you play with less than 16 founders, it's impossible to not have an overlap of great-grandparents between two sims, which means that all the sims from the fourth generation are going to be related.

Visit My Test of Time Challenge: wordpress & livejournal
Instructor
#3103 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 2:38 AM
My sims are still back in the Old Stone Age. The Ice Age is beginning to wind down. When travel becomes possible the clans will be migrating to a new territory where the hunting/foraging is better. And they will learn to farm. They have not invented marriage yet. The women decide who they want to mate with and when so half siblings are numerous. Early man probably didn't even know what part men played in producing the next generation. I've read that when England colonized Australia, they found that the aboriginal inhabitants believed that women became pregnant when a spirit jumped into their bodies. The carvings and statuettes made by stone age man indicate high veneration of the pregnant female. So I have made my clans matriarchal. Family name and inheritance will go through the mother. In ancient times most population groups were so small that if siblings and cousins could not marry, the group would have soon died out. The problems that can come with incest did not appear until later. History says that the Egyptian pharaohs married their sisters, if they had one. In the Bible, It says that Abraham and Sarah were half-siblings. So it was common throughout those times. So my sims will be mating with whomever they have the highest attractions with. But it will be a while yet till we get to Rome. I plan on running at least one generation through the Neolithic/early farming era, then one each in Sumeria, Egypt and Greece. Will probably have to have multiple hoods.
Instructor
#3104 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 12:40 PM
Is anyone planning to do 20th century stages?
Lab Assistant
#3105 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LiliLiliLili
Is anyone planning to do 20th century stages?

If I ever get there, certainly
… But since I'm only in Generation 2 after over 3 years of playing, it probably won't happen until something like… (does the math)… 2045?!
Will we even still be able to play the Sims 2 then?
… At least by then I might be retired. That would give me more time to play…

Test of Time Challenge: Archea.
Test Subject
#3106 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 2:51 AM
Please anyone recomend cc sites for this challenge. i want to begin this but i think is so strange my sim use a clothe of other epoc. thx
Instructor
#3107 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 8:40 AM Last edited by TychoH : 26th Nov 2018 at 4:22 AM.
The SimStones set
Stuff from The Sims Castaway Stories
Some clothing and furniture at Blackys Sims Zoo (Steinzeit is German for Stone Age)
some toilets
Also, if you search the downloads on this site for "neanderthal" or "ancient" or "egyptian", you'll find even more.

I plan on playing a modern era, but don't know if I ever get out of the Neanderthal stage.
Test Subject
#3108 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 1:17 PM
Thx so much for now I'm with 2 challenge Pleasantview and this one.
I begin my neanderthal age yesterday
Lab Assistant
#3109 Old 7th Dec 2018 at 9:35 PM
Flying Racoon, you sure like to make things hard on yourself. lol But it sounds like an interesting way to make matches.

Check out my ToT neighborhood Hoohoo. Last updated: February 2, 2020
Family Trees
Lab Assistant
#3110 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 11:36 PM
First post of 2019? I wasn't expecting that…
Anyway, something rather special happened in my game yesterday: I had a founder die of old age for the first time (three others are already dead from other causes). I am currently playing round 9 and I suppose I should have expected it, but it still took me completely by surprise.
In my last attempt at a Test of Time, my founders starting to die was the point at which I started to lose interest, so I had been dreading it a bit. This time, though, I guess I was ready to see it happen, because I was almost happy to see him go (the dancing zombie ladies may have helped). It's finally time for the next generation to take over...

Test Subject
#3111 Old 13th May 2019 at 3:39 PM Last edited by Flickstar : 13th May 2019 at 3:45 PM. Reason: Pictures not showing up
I just had the most dramatic round in both iterations of my test of time challenge.
It starts off with Azaelea cheating on her husband (and heir to the Ethereal house), Wraith, with his Dad, Hunter.

And so Azalea has a baby, Spring, who not only is a girl, so not able to be heir, but is also not Wraith's child, but his dad's!

A fire breaks out on the lot, and both Azalea, and Wraith's sister, Faith, are killed

Next sim to go is Spring, by way of child services for overheating

And lastly we lose Hunter, who dies by freight after being scared by the ghost of Faith

So the only sims left are Wraith (the heir), and Faith's twin brother Soul
Now I'm not saying that Wraith planned all this, but now everyone who wronged him is out of them way....
Lab Assistant
#3112 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 5:05 PM
I love reading your updates!

@Eldonyx , what does first and second timeline mean in your challenge?

Family Trees
Lab Assistant
#3113 Old 6th Jun 2019 at 4:52 AM
Default Custom Content Links (for all eras) and 20th Century
Quote: Originally posted by ejheidyyano
Please anyone recomend cc sites for this challenge. i want to begin this but i think is so strange my sim use a clothe of other epoc. thx

Yes!!!! Let me introduce you to my website: https://sims2testoftime.weebly.com/
I have separate pages of favorite links for each historical place.
To get you started, this is my page of favorite Neanderthal cc
Before you create a hood, see my general rules page for links to create a clean hood without tons of extra townies. Don't worry, it's not difficult. I'm not a modder and it's mostly download and drop in the rights folder. There are also some links on that page for awesome downloads that allow your sims to only be able to bathe if they collect water, only build fires if they collect wood, hunt, etc. Yeah, for real. It was so amazing I restarted my test of time to add these features.
Lilli:
As for 20th century, yes I have plans for it. At the bottom of my general rules page (link in previous paragraph), I have a "Summary of Eras". I don't have all the rules up yet, but I am in the process of rewriting the rules for this challenge. I definitely use this challenge as a base, so I have to give some credit and applause to swallow tail for writing this in the first place. But I've made changes because I want to go through more eras. To make it possible to finish, I've changed things that weren't working well in the original challenge.
And if anyone's wondering, so far I've made it through the end of 3 eras, making adjustments as I play test. I've restarted several times or I would be farther. Why?
1. Found mods so awesome I had to restart the challenge...I think 2 or 3 times. Sun and Moon Factory came out with some real game changers, such as real hunting.
2. I learned a horrible lesson. Don't turn off virus software with Sims 2 folders open. (I was deleting caches.) A glitch happened and it that virus software deleted my game. My whole game. I had to reinstall it. I was devastated. And no, nothing ended up in the recycle bin.
3. I once finished the 3rd era and my Africa had only 3 sims. They all kept dying. From ghosts. And...it was worse than that. Africa was completely wiped out several times. (Hangs head in shame.) After that I forced myself to move sims to a graveyard when they die beginning with the second era, and now caution others to not ignore that rule. (Swallowtail wrote that as an option beginning in the second era.)

Visit my Test of Time Challenge site: sims2testoftime.weebly.com.
Lab Assistant
#3114 Old 7th Jun 2019 at 12:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lisrouge
I love reading your updates!

@Eldonyx , what does first and second timeline mean in your challenge?

Back in 2017, I accidentally deleted my neighborhood while doing some testing for a new sub-neighborhood (Faerie) I wanted to add. Fortunately, I still had a backup from about two rounds back, so I started again from that. Some things didn't happen the same twice, obviously, so I ended up with two different versions of rounds 5 through 7. I thought the comparison between the two was interesting and wanted a way to share it.

I worked it into my story as inexperienced Feys messing up while attempting to open a portal to go live in the magical world of Faerie, thus rewinding time a bit. (They did manage to open the portal correctly the second time around, thankfully.) I haven't gotten around to writing about it on my site yet, but I should get to it this Summer, I think.

On another note, I am finally done with round 9! Lots of milestones have been passed, too: first founders dead of old age, first Gen03 growing into an adult, first Gen04 children born, first plantbaby spawned, 100th sim born in-game (I am up to 114, actually)… After a year and a half spent catching up from my blunder from two years ago, it finally feels like things are really advancing again in my game. Now I can't wait to see what's going to happen next...

Instructor
#3115 Old 7th Jun 2019 at 12:46 PM
What about a version where there is a storyline, like the primitive families are there, and advanced people come and introduce them into more modern eras.
Lab Assistant
#3116 Old 18th Jun 2019 at 1:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Eldonyx
Back in 2017, I accidentally deleted my neighborhood while doing some testing for a new sub-neighborhood (Faerie) I wanted to add. Fortunately, I still had a backup from about two rounds back, so I started again from that. Some things didn't happen the same twice, obviously, so I ended up with two different versions of rounds 5 through 7. I thought the comparison between the two was interesting and wanted a way to share it.

Ah, ok! Thanks!

Quote: Originally posted by LiliLiliLili
What about a version where there is a storyline, like the primitive families are there, and advanced people come and introduce them into more modern eras.

I think someone had (probably still has?) a version like that.

I made a new ToT. Hopefully this time, I will keep track of things better and I can keep it running even after a long hiatus. You can look at the first post here.

Family Trees
Field Researcher
#3117 Old 30th Aug 2019 at 1:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheFlyingRaccoon
So, if you play with less than 16 founders, it's impossible to not have an overlap of great-grandparents between two sims, which means that all the sims from the fourth generation are going to be related.

Hi Raccoon (and friends)!! It's been forever! I have been meaning to make an update here as I have been playing (just to refresh anyone's memory I'm the one who decided to play this in TS3 and I couldn't have done so without some serious tweaking of the NRAAS mode suite taking over the town (I use TS2 style aging and have a Caste system in place which have been instrumental for this). For reference that mod suite can be found here as the founders moved off of wikispace: https://www.nraas.net/community/home
You can find my let's play linked in my signature, that's had some updating in the last year but I had a child IRL (my first one, he's the best thing that's ever happened in my life!) so I haven't played much this year and am just now diving back in. I play rounds, so every family gets a week of playtime and an episode is generally the first day of the week and a followup of what happened over the course of it.

@ToriOlivia Good to see you again! I have some sims who managed to have babies with their immediate brother sister in the Roman era (in gen 5 now, I think the first Gen 6 baby has been born recently). The game recognizes that they are related, and still somehow they managed to have a child?! I have no idea as I didn't direct it. The way around related sims in gen 4 I found was to introduce several CAS sims under the story cover that they were brought in as slaves during roman campaigns and gifted to people who had pleased the Emperor (there were less patricians as they had had so many girls that there weren't many heirs). This worked out well as it kept the game from getting stale and tried to make the incoming sims look like different nationalities/regions of the world that may have encountered Rome. So now when certain eye and hair colors come in I know which exact CAS sim they came from which has been so much fun.

Pictures are the CAS parents of Gen 4 and some of their offspring! (which by the way I'd love to see more pictures from everyone else, I can't really deep dive into blogs right now though so if anyone wants to post 'em here we can talk about who you love/hate and why :3

Oh yes. I've complained of this before but sims are so much harder to kill in TS3. I need to introduce a famine or sickness mods I think. I dread doing it as I love my sims so much, but the reality is that my game can't take many more active sims as there are 240 some in the town that I have to rotate through. And I got me an error code the other day that was pretty scary (error code 12: failure to save), I was able to use Save Cleaner to shrink it and I used NRAAS to remove a lot of useless items from the town (I think there were something like 18,000 tomatoes between all sims/ households). So my game isn't dead and I think I need to remove some sims soon to lessen the burden on my pc :/
Oh well, happy simming ya'all! More Gladatory games in half a round, so that should help (but will hurt my wee little heart). >_>;

Bread edges.... are the new white meat.
READ the Sparrows Random Legacy Challenge Blog
READ the Sparrows WISHACY Challenge Blog
WATCH the Test of Time Challenge Let's Play! Videos
Instructor
#3118 Old 3rd Sep 2019 at 3:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Frogsnack
(I think there were something like 18,000 tomatoes between all sims/ households).

Woah, how is that possible?
Test Subject
#3119 Old 9th Oct 2019 at 6:09 PM
Hey guys, I haven't played for quite a while. I'm on the second generation of Romans. This is a lot of folks!
How do you deal with the money the slaves make? I have all my slaves on different lots making their own money...and they're supposed to be working for patricians or emperors somehow...I haven't really figured out how to work that out. What do you guys do? I've been taking a percentage of the slaves earnings and choosing a patrician or emperor family to give it to and leaving the slaves enough to pay their bills and get food and all. How do you guys make this work out?
Lab Assistant
#3120 Old 12th Nov 2019 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shellsy515
Hey guys, I haven't played for quite a while. I'm on the second generation of Romans. This is a lot of folks!
How do you deal with the money the slaves make? I have all my slaves on different lots making their own money...and they're supposed to be working for patricians or emperors somehow...I haven't really figured out how to work that out. What do you guys do? I've been taking a percentage of the slaves earnings and choosing a patrician or emperor family to give it to and leaving the slaves enough to pay their bills and get food and all. How do you guys make this work out?

What you're doing sounds good. When I was playing Romans, I usually did something similar, but I also tended to leave them a little extra with the idea that if they got enough money they could "buy" their freedom.

Lauri
Lab Assistant
#3121 Old 26th Jan 2020 at 12:09 PM
@shellsy515, there are some money mods around that let you send money to the sim you choose. I can't remember which ones they are right now.

Family Trees
Lab Assistant
#3122 Old 23rd Feb 2020 at 12:02 PM
I don't let the slaves get jobs.

To work for the upper class they move in with them and are their slaves - cooking their meals, tending their gardens, taking care of their kids. Giving the upper class an easier life.
If they get married, the slave gets their own place, but can't get a job. Truly a harder life. And once their kids turn teen, they must move into a royal or patrician home to serve them. If needed, can be as a child.

Visit my Test of Time Challenge site: sims2testoftime.weebly.com.
Test Subject
#3123 Old 12th Apr 2020 at 8:18 PM
@Chicklet how are you getting on with your rules?
Lab Assistant
#3124 Old 27th Apr 2020 at 2:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by girls
@Chicklet how are you getting on with your rules?

A lot of us have slightly modified the original rules to make it more interesting for us or to fit our play styles.

Family Trees
Test Subject
#3125 Old 16th Jun 2020 at 6:46 AM
Had anyone ever reached dark age stage?
Page 125 of 128